Thread: Why does this great great game have such poor poor AI ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Why does this great great game have such poor poor AI ?

Case in point : 8 + (ace) Me 109 emils diving attack on a line of defiants (of varying skill)

(1) Emils attack from 6 High - BAD mistake, never attack an enemy from it's strength
    (2) But never fear, AI gunner's are not "ACE" so fire off at a cow in the next county
    (3) Emils then try to line up the leading Defiant but find other defiants in the way so when too close to tail end charlie, dive away to reset their attack .. repeat process.
    (4) Defiants should bank left or right when attacked, to give the gunner a clear view of the attacker .. but it doesn't, it either climbs or barrell-rolls or BOTH ???

Can i fix the AI in anyway?
    ((( Ryzen 5 - 3600X CPU @ 3.8 GHz )))
    ((( MSI GForce GTX 1080 Gaming X )))
    ((( 32 G Ram )))
    ((( Win 10 professional 64 )))
    ((( Samsung 4K monitor )))

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Re: Why does this great great game have such poor poor AI ?

Try making the mission with individual AI planes rather than plotting group flights.
    ie plot a single Defiant being attacked by a single 109 and then do the same for as many as u want in the mission.
    Maybe try setting the Defiants to ace level if u want them to put up more of a fight.
    Keep any waypoint tasks to a minimum (like 1 only). Make the next waypoint after the task far enough away so the AI doesn't pass thru it and decide the last task is now voided.
    Getting AI to do multiple waypoint tasks, in my experience, is pretty much a waste of time. Give them 1 task and plenty of room to do it in.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Why does this great great game have such poor poor AI ?
    Because as many other things in the game, the original devs where not given the time to finish it.

4. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

mmmmm, ok try flying against the ai in the TWC mission server you may find it will kick your butt if you don't pay strict attention. Just try it and see if even a stuka wont blast you as if Moose was flying it.
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

6. Likes SIA_Sp00k liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    669.25 MB

I play offline, and AI dissapoints.
    Is TF able to fix it or this is something that will be impossible to fix?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

It's possible to fix. Time is the only restraint.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneHarvest View Post
    Case in point : 8 + (ace) Me 109 emils diving attack on a line of defiants (of varying skill)

(1) Emils attack from 6 High - BAD mistake, never attack an enemy from it's strength
    (2) But never fear, AI gunner's are not "ACE" so fire off at a cow in the next county
    (3) Emils then try to line up the leading Defiant but find other defiants in the way so when too close to tail end charlie, dive away to reset their attack .. repeat process.
    (4) Defiants should bank left or right when attacked, to give the gunner a clear view of the attacker .. but it doesn't, it either climbs or barrell-rolls or BOTH ???

Can i fix the AI in anyway?
    Have you tried going up against anything other than Defiants?

Those He-111 and Wellington Gunners are insane. They force you to slash attack within a very tight blind spot. Parking on their six, is not even an option.

Hopefully, the AI gunners won't get so good that no one will want me in their gunner positions.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I suspect developers never had time to develop a proper AI for the defiant, being such a unique aircraft, or didn't care about unique planes ??? Which is apity because everything else about this FS is QUALITY.
    ((( 32 G Ram )))

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    It's possible to fix. Time is the only restraint.
    I want to marry You!

It would be realistic if every plane had it's strong points and weak points stored, so enemies know where to attack and where to avoid. An ace fighter pilot would always use this knowledge to his advantage, a novice pilot probably would not.

Any new aircraft might be misidentified - Defiant = hurricane, and a painful lesson learned.
    ((( 32 G Ram )))

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Hurri....I apologise in advance but....and if you haven't tried it then go online....The aircraft perform as well as we can get them and many of the players fly to their strengths....They don't make those mistakes you talk of.....Try it...mission based...Its great fun..
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Hurri....I apologise in advance but....and if you haven't tried it then go online....The aircraft perform as well as we can get them and many of the players fly to their strengths....They don't make those mistakes you talk of.....Try it...mission based...Its great fun..
    I prefer reliving historic scenarios - "one glorious day in May" 264 Squadron - "WTF just happened ! " 141 Squadron, and WOT if scenarios. of course the AI never plays along

When i can fly my Defiant, with "ace" Rimmer as my gunner, you'll see me online.
    ((( 32 G Ram )))

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ai are prodicteble and stupid... go online join a room atac -alies or something and fly against humans... they do very diverend things to stay alive... mostly succesfull if they fly English !!