Thread: So close, and yet so far.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

So close, and yet so far.

Hey Guys,

I'm looking forward to getting into CLoD - I've been playing 1946 for ages; but I've got a 'few' graphics problems!

Can someone give me some advice on this conundrum?

Rivers and ground shadows travel with plane! Further, textures are commonly in the wrong place: eg. water on land - as if the world was flooding... ; there is a jagged obvious edge around forest areas / and an obvious 'darker' square area around the planes location. Also, crosshair does not show in gunsight.

I'm running a 750 Ti 2 GB, 4 Gig RAM, Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU at 3.00 Ghz.

Thank you very much!

20160820230611_1.jpg
    20160820230622_1.jpg
    20160820230736_1.jpg
    20160820230750_1.jpg
    20160820230846_1.jpg

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: So close, and yet so far.

Looking at your spec it could simply be that your settings are way too high for that Intel Duo to cope with and its bottlenecking big time. . Even tho CLOD is getting on it was never fully sorted by the original developers and still hammers the cpu and gpu. You Ram probably isn't sufficient either - at least 8GB is really required - most have 16GB plus.

The crosshair needs to be switched on manually.

as far you your in game video setting go you can see if this helps

SSAO - turn off

Vsync - turn off and use the adaptive setting in the nvidia control panel

AA - turn off and either use the FXAA in the nvidia control panel or nothing.

Reduce all you textures to medium and switch off the grass - you can try upping them one at a time as you go on

Forest - low or none

reduce the resolution to something below 1600 x 900 - cant recall but i think you may have to adjust the launch options in steam for this too

if you are only running one monitor make sure youve selected "single display performance" in the nvidia contol panel as well as the "prefer maximum performance option" - if your running more - try just running one.

But overall - if you want the graphics up you'll need at least an I5 processor. Sorry its all bad news.

Kind Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome to the community and forums jpmon89...~S~

I am sorry I am no techy...I can only give advice on from my minimal knowledge...so...I would first try a complete install...Sounds like a lot but should take about 20 minutes if you already have the patches downloaded...(I assume you have the patches?)...So...First you need to get your game back to vanilla by 'Verify integrity of game cache'...You do this here..:

Open STEAM and Go to....STEAM > LIBRARY > All Games > IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover (right click) > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Now re-install the patches and boot the game in between each patch...

Failing that I would download the patches again and do the same but with the freshly downloaded patches...

Here is the minimal settings required according to the TeamFusion

Intel Core I5 4570 3.2 ghz (if you can find a equivalent in AMD cheaper, then by all means, just be sure it matches up with the Intel)
    Motherboard and power supply to fit
    8 gb DDR3 RAM
    NVidia GTX 660/750ti/760 2 gb VRAAM (again, equivalent AMD is ok, but there are visual anomalies in some situations with this manufacturer)

An optimum system would use a Core I7 Quad core 4.0 ghz, a GTX 980 6gb, and 16 gb DDR3 RAM. CoD cannot use more than 4 cores.

Also...There maybe an issue with a conflict with your setup....Hopefully someone will be along shortly with any info on that...

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...

Remember that if you are still having problems keep making posts here with the info...We will try to help you...~S~

==========================================

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...

TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little once you are on the server...You are quite welcome to just listen if you feel more comfortable with that....so you don't actually need a mic either...Try it and see!...

How to set up Teamspeak

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact Spotting Test

and....Don't forget to keep up with the latest on the TeamFusion new aircraft and patch news...You could well be AMAZED!

TeamFusion Facebook Updates

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Aug-20-2016 at 16:43.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Guys,

Thankyou very much.

I'll give this stuff a go.

Cheers, JP

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

jp, if you take a look at the other thread a large part of your woes may be sorted by rolling back the driver. Ive gone back to 364.72 myself (also a GTX750Ti for the next couple of weeks) and, whilst it might be a placebo, the game does seem to run a little better on the drivers from dec 2015-mar 2016 time. Just my impression tho.

S

BOO

Supporting Member DoubleStandards's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    282.89 MB

Textures should be set to "Original", not High

Ds