Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If your game broke with Steam patch or you want to backup your Modded game-Read this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

The new official Steam patch for CloD - Warning. Do not install. Read this first!!!!!

Well after yesterday's problems it appears the patch has been pulled. Lucky you if you never had to deal with the fallout.

In the wake of the patch I have decided to post a small review of what it is probably easiest to do if your game is completely wrecked and a way to preserve your patched version once completed.

FIRST AND IMPORTANT STEP:

Go into MyDocumens/1CSoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover and copy the "conf.ini and confUser.ini files somewhere safe (desktop would be fine). These files contain all your key-bindings and screen resolution etc, etc.

Go to Steam and click on Library.

Find IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Click Properties

Click Local Files

Click Delete Local Game Content.

Wait for the program to be uninstalled.

Go into your folder here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

and delete any Cliffs of Dover files/folders

Go into your MyDocuments\1C SoftClub folder and delete the il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder (NOTE. DO NOT REMOVE your "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD" folder if it is there!)

Now go back to Steam

Click on Library

Find the greyed out "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover"

Right-click on it and choose "Install Game"

Once installed right-click on IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in your Steam Library and choose Properties. Then click Updates.
    Once that window opens make sure that "Enable Steam Cloud Synchronisation" is UNTICKED

Steam up to date setting.jpg

Now go back to your folder here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

and find the IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Folder.

Copy that entire folder somewhere else. If you have another drive attached, copy it there, if you don't create a new folder on your hard drive and maybe call it "Cliffs of Dover TF 4.312"

Paste the IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Folder you just copied into it.

Now download the patches (if you don't already have them) from here:

http://teamfusion.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

and install them to the IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Folder inside the "Cliffs of Dover TF 4.312" you just created.

Here's a video tutorial:

Follow the instructions of running the game between each patch install (by launching the game via the 'Launcher.exe' inside the "Cliffs of Dover TF 4.312" you just created NOT by launching it in Steam!!!!

Once finished you will have a fully working version of v4.312 and it wont be updated by Steam updates if another beta patch is released. Your modded Team Fusion version will work as it did before and this folder is the only one that needs to be updated with Team Fusion future patches. You can leave Steam to mess around with the Vanilla folder on your C drive should any future updates become available.

Hope that helps, cheers, MP

Windows 8 and upwards users. Important!!!

If you have Windows 8 or 10 and want to run CloD (Vanilla) you will have to use the Cloder.exe file.

https://www.mediafire.com/?6td6vxnr0aensa5

Download it, unzip it. Copy the files into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover (or wherever your default steam Cliffs of Dover is installed)

Right- Click on the Launcher.exe in the same folder and choose "Properties". Click on the "compatibility tab", tick the box next to "Run as Administrator". Do the same for the Cloder.exe file you just copied into the same folder.

I had issues running the vanilla version again. This works fine now.

Cheers, MP

Also for those of you who have installed the update:

Great info. from ATAG_Lewis.

Hows this?

1) Back up your game folder in the STEAM folder on your hard drive...Keep it somewhere else on your PC until you know you have configured this update successfully..
    2) Copy your 'confUser' and your 'user' files from your game folder in '1C Softclub'....paste them somewhere for safe keeping again until you know this update has been configured successfully..
    3) Start STEAM
    4) STEAM will download the update....At the bottom you should see a downloading bar filling....
    5) Once it has downloaded.....Click on LIBRARY....then..Click on GAMES
    6) Right click 'IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover'
    7) Click Properties
    8) You now have a new tab at the end of the tabs called 'BETAS'...Click on BETAS
    9) Select the beta you would like to opt into:....SELECT......NONE-Opt out of all beta programs
    10) Close STEAM (and reboot PC)
    11) Start your game to test that the update has not been installed....Game should run as usual

and finally:

Just out of curiosity I deleted my entire CloD install (I have the modded version on a separate drive so no issues as they work fine)

I then deleted local content, and downloaded CloD 'fresh' again.

When clicking on the game tab there is no Beta's option listed. I believe this is due to the new update not being downloaded anymore so the tab is not required?

Beta-1.jpg

However clicking on the Steam menu, Properties opens up the following where opting out is available for any game:

Beta 2.jpg
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Aug-30-2016 at 06:46.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Re: The new official Steam patch for CloD - Warning. Do not install. Read this first!

ATAG_Lewis mentions this:

Well...Multiple times I tried offline to find the 'Beta ' option in STEAM but couldn't ....so backed up my game from STEAM folder and opened STEAM to see if I could find the 'beta' choice folks are talking about online...and STEAM instantly started updating CLOD without me having an option....So here goes...

EDIT..

Now I have 'BETA' options at the end of my tab list...That must have come with the update..
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Re: The new official Steam patch for CloD - Warning. Do not install. Read this first!

Hows this?

1) Back up your game folder in the STEAM folder on your hard drive...Keep it somewhere else on your PC until you know you have configured this update successfully..
    2) Copy your 'confUser' and your 'user' files from your game folder in '1C Softclub'....paste them somewhere for safe keeping again until you know this update has been configured successfully..
    3) Start STEAM
    4) STEAM will download the update....At the bottom you should see a downloading bar filling....
    7) Click Properties
    8) You now have a new tab at the end of the tabs called 'BETAS'...Click on BETAS
    9) Select the beta you would like to opt into:....SELECT......NONE-Opt out of all beta programs
    11) Start your game to test that the update has not been installed....Game should run as usual

4. Likes No.119_Viper (VK-S) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Do not start your game after update!!!
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That's what i did!
    i unplugged the ethernet cable
    started the pc
    i started steam offline
    i made a backup of
    1) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
    2) C:\Users\Utente\Documents\1C SoftClub

i tryed to change cliff of dover steam game properties (STEAM>LIBRARY>CLIFFOF DOVER RIGHT MOUSE CLICK>PROPERTIES) to:
    not update the game but it won't let you change

so plugged in the ethernet cable
    started steam online
    to my horror it started downloading the patch
    i paused it

went again in steam cliff of dover properties
    1)BETAS TAB
    and set
    NOPE OPT OUT OF ALL BETA PROGRAMS

2)Updates tabs
    and set
    Only update this game when i launch it
    (and since i was there never allow background downloads)

launched the game
    a pop up continued to download the patch

but then all went well
    the game started with the TF mod version...!
    Entered ATAG to check and all was fine!

7. Likes ATAG_Dave, tgif, AKA_Blasto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

deleted
    Last edited by Baffin; Aug-23-2016 at 18:18.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

For those who have mistakenly installed this update already...Does this work?......

Can you Opt out of the BETA as above in STEAM....Then 'Verify integrity of game cache' to get game back to vanilla....then reinstall the TF patches...

Does this work?
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    For those who have mistakenly installed this update already...Does this work?......

Can you Opt out of the BETA as above in STEAM....Then 'Verify integrity of game cache' to get game back to vanilla....then reinstall the TF patches...

Does this work?
    It did for me and I am aware it did so for others too.

(I had a coincidental hardware problem, which made me believe this hadn't worked but it did).
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Can this be as sticky as the beginners-thread? Maybe in Pink this time?
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    124.08 MB

I use CloD inside of the Steam platform. My TF mods have not been affected to any great extent. Everything appears normal. One minor problem is that the TF Campaign games no longer function. I get an error message informing me that the Regiment is missing or some other reason why the mission won't launch after I select all of the time, place and aircraft variables.

The rest of the TF mods work fine. What might I do about the TF campaigns? I rather enjoyed those. I'd like to play them again.

Thanks!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.11 MB

Does this work?
    Question what do you mean" Verify integrity of game cache" how do I do that . right now I seem to have down loaded the patch and set properties up as per Jimmi the vanilla game seems to work and is labeled something like 1.11 . do I now reinstall the TF patches ????? thanks' FOLKS.

TGIF

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

'Verify integrity of the game cache' gets your game back to pre-patch or vanilla version....Its the method to use if you have any corruptions in your game folders or anything that you feel is making your game not play as normal...When you do it STEAM checks your system for any anomalies and removes them including the TeamFusion patches....It doesn't change your 'confUser' or 'user' files but it is ALWAYS best to backup those files before you do this....

Here's how you do it....

Verify integrity of game cache

Open STEAM and Go to....STEAM > LIBRARY > All Games > IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover (right click) > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Once you have done this you can then proceed with the normal patch installation as in the 'Beginners Guide' if you already have them...

This whole process to fully patched takes me around 20 - 25 minutes...

15. Likes ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.11 MB

'Verify integrity of the game cache' gets your game back to pre-patch or vanilla version....Its the method to use if you have any corruptions in your game folders or anything that you feel is making your game not play as normal...When you do it STEAM checks your system for any anomalies and removes them including the TeamFusion patches....It doesn't change your 'confUser' or 'user' files but it is ALWAYS best to backup those files before you do this....

Here's how you do it....

Verify integrity of game cache

Open STEAM and Go to....STEAM > LIBRARY > All Games > IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover (right click) > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Once you have done this you can then proceed with the normal patch installation as in the 'Beginners Guide' if you already have them...

This whole process to fully patched takes me around 20 - 25 minutes...
    Thanks that's a big help for me the first time I did my patches it took me a while to get it . that was a good explanation for me I have them all set in a folder and will try this next TGIF AKA MARK

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

STEAM just released this news...check 'UPD'...

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Compatibility Update

The game has been updated to run on Windows 8 and 10. In addition, Russian and Czech languages were added to the international version of the game.

UPD: Since many players reported that the update caused problems for installs with TF mod, it was taken down for now. We'll try to find a solution so they work together.
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Aug-23-2016 at 22:17.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

So the update has been taken down...What this means to those who are already running it and have problems I have no idea...Maybe they can tells us when they check if their game is running or not?...

Chap called Mars on the STEAM CLOD forum has said this...

Gentlemen, the patch has already rolled back. Just make sure under properties, beta, you OPT OUT and it will basically be like it was before. If you are using TF, you'll just need to reinstall the mod, but everything should be just fine again. I had as much trouble as anybody else right at first, but I was just doing touch and goes on the LeadFarm server. It's not broken, everything's cool.

Just opt out of the beta, reinstall TF, and you're good to go.
    So could be just rolled back to as it was before for those that unintentionally installed this monster....Hopefully
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Aug-23-2016 at 22:07.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I thought this game was abandonware .. who did this patch ????????????? Is this 777 trying to F us over ?

Luckily i keep seperate versions of TF patches.

Just tested Normal release, it tried to download patch but i stopped it now it's given up. Tried an old game , worked ok

Last edited by HurricaneHarvest; Aug-24-2016 at 00:31.
    ((( Ryzen 5 - 3600X CPU @ 3.8 GHz )))
    ((( MSI GForce GTX 1080 Gaming X )))
    ((( 32 G Ram )))
    ((( Win 10 professional 64 )))
    ((( Samsung 4K monitor )))

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneHarvest View Post
    I thought this game was abandonware .. who did this patch ????????????? Is this 777 trying to F us over ?

Personally I find it extremely coincidental that a game should be patched for the firat time in years to fix OS compatability issues which have occurred since vista now, just as 1c and 777 are preparing to announce their latest expansion and TF continue to prepare to release TF5. Especially since said patch appeared to bork people's install...

21. Likes fly4ever liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post

Hows this?

3) Start STEAM
    7) Click Properties
    More helpfull for more of pilots !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

If your game broke with Steam patch or you want to backup your Modded game-Read this!

Well after yesterday's fiasco it appears the patch has been pulled. Lucky you if you never had to deal with the fallout.

In the wake of the patch I have decided to post a small review of what it is probably easiest to do if your game is completely wrecked and a way to preserve your patched version once completed.

Go into MyDocumens/1CSoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover and copy the "conf.ini and confUser.ini files somewhere safe (desktop would be fine). These files contain all your key-bindings and screen resolution etc, etc.

Go to Steam and click on Library.

Find IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Click Properties

Click Local Files

Click Delete Local Game Content.

Wait for the program to be uninstalled.

Go into your folder here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

and delete any Cliffs of Dover files/folders

Go into your MyDocuments\1C SoftClub folder and delete the il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder (NOTE. DO NOT REMOVE your "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD" folder if it is there!)

Now go back to Steam

Click on Library

Find the greyed out "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover"

Right-click on it and choose "Install Game"

Now go back to your folder here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

and find the IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Folder.

Copy that entire folder somewhere else. If you have another drive attached, copy it there, if you don't create a new folder on your hard drive and maybe call it "Cliffs of Dover TF 4.312"

Paste the IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Folder you just copied into it.

Now download the patches (if you don't already have them) from here:

http://teamfusion.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

and install them to the IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Folder inside the "Cliffs of Dover TF 4.312" you just created.

Here's a video tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xewfAma7GJA

Follow the instructions of running the game between each patch install (by launching the game via the 'Launcher.exe' inside the "Cliffs of Dover TF 4.312" you just created NOT by launching it in Steam!!!!

Once finished you will have a fully working version of v4.312 and it wont be updated by Steam updates if another beta patch is released. Your modded Team Fusion version will work as it did before and this folder is the only one that needs to be updated with Team Fusion future patches. You can leave Steam to mess around with the Vanilla folder on your C drive should any future updates become available.

Hope that helps, cheers, MP

24. Likes ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

in first post
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Aug-24-2016 at 07:53.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: If your game broke with Steam patch or you want to backup your Modded game-Read t

I have done all of this. The new install has failed to create a "1CSoftClub" folder anywhere. The installation will not run. Steam reports that it is running for about 5 seconds, then nothing. Anybody else have this?
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Re: If your game broke with Steam patch or you want to backup your Modded game-Read t

Baffin. Also of note.

If you have Windows 8 or 10 and want to run CloD (Vanilla) you will have to use the Cloder.exe file.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...&downloadid=49

Download it, unzip it. Copy the files into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover (or wherever your default steam Cliffs of Dover is installed)

Right- Click on the Launcher.exe in the same folder and choose "Properties". Click on the "compatibility tab", tick the box next to "Run as Administrator". Do the same for the Cloder.exe file you just copied into the same folder.

I had issues running the vanilla version again. This works fine now.

Cheers, MP
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Aug-24-2016 at 08:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Go into MyDocumens/1CSoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover and copy the "conf.ini and confUser.ini files somewhere safe (desktop would be fine).
    These files contain all your key-bindings and screen resolution etc, etc.
    This instruction is fine for multiplayer player point of view. But offline player may want save custom missions, campaigns progress, custom skins.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

post deleted
    Last edited by No.401_Speed (YO-R); Nov-16-2016 at 10:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    This instruction is fine for multiplayer player point of view. But offline player may want save custom missions, campaigns progress, custom skins.
    Hi 1lokos.

I was more trying to indicate that this just gets the Steam Vanilla game up and running which is why I explained to leave the TF Mod folder in MyDocuments as this will contain modded progress in campaigns?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Hi all,

Pays to live on the other side of the world.

Downloaded the update.

Just Do Not hit - download game cache.

Kick the game over. Has just worked for me and Torian without issue. Torian is on Win 7. I am on Win 10.

For you Spook

32. Likes ATAG_Snapper, BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 MB

Hi gents,

i am running Win7 and have updated this patch from steam and have no problems at all, all works fine.
    All my files in the modfile on C:\documents\.... have now the date from the update, but thats all.
    All settings regarding to info window and joystick settings work normally.
    I only did what they wrote in the readme, to deactivate the beta....

The only thing that was new last night, but maby it is mission related was, that i got in the info windo for radio ( voice ) this:

"Achtung Adler 1!!, drehen Sie eine Platzrunde" = "Attention Adler 1 !!, turn a traffic pattern". Never ever got this before. Was on Final Push with an E4/B from Caffiers.

one of my teammate`s kills his game, as he abort the update my other teammates run it and had also no problems, so maby its the problem to abort it?

regards

Little_D
    Last edited by Little_D; Aug-24-2016 at 10:40.
    1./JG2_Little_D
    Staffelkapitän
    1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."
    "The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Hi Little_D looks like you dodged the bullet then The patch is no longer online, this post is for those whose install got destroyed by it and who want to make sure they have a working version to refer to after patching

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 MB

Hi Little_D looks like you dodged the bullet then The patch is no longer online, this post is for those whose install got destroyed by it and who want to make sure they have a working version to refer to after patching
    Bulletproof vest.

i updated my post, as one of my teammates had problems as he abort the patch, the other 2 teammates run it like me and have no problems too, so maby abording this patch kills the game?

regards

Little_D
    1./JG2_Little_D
    Staffelkapitän
    1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."
    "The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

I just did the update now through steam.

Win 10

I did backup my 1CSoftclub folder and the steam/steamapps/common/IL2 folder as well just as a precaution. My 1CSoftclub is in the default mydocuments space but the other is on a separate drive already. (Just zipped them both up in case)

Opened Steam and it immidiately started the IL2 update.
    Let it run through to completion (150 or so MB)

For good measure checked the beta tab in the library for Clod and it is there, but was defaulted to 'NONE opt out of all beta programs'

Started the game and it ran no problem, connected to Leadfarm and all seems to be working fine.
    Last edited by Vlerkies; Aug-24-2016 at 11:48.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast