Thread: game wont start with patch

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    40.24 MB

game wont start with patch

hello,
    game will start with no patches installed only . I am using windows 7 64 ultimate nvidia driver 368.81 . I try starting the game with patch 3.0 first to check before installing the rest but it wont start. pls advise
    Last edited by dog1; Nov-19-2016 at 00:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: game wont start with patch

Quote Originally Posted by dog1 View Post
    hello,
    game will start with no patches installed only . I am using windows 7 64 ultimate nvidia driver 368.81 . I try starting the game with patch 3.0 first to check before installing the rest but it wont start. pls advise
    Please take the time to read this thread for Newcomers to Team Fusion:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=5058&p=52711

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Install all of the patches up to 4.312 Dog. Read the thread suggested above first.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    40.24 MB

reinstalling .starting unpatched ,then adding each patch with start ups in between seems to do it. its started up each time for the last 24 hrs . the problem is remembering to clear the cache each time. maybe the latest nvidia driver issue and rolling back has helped .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Once the game is up and running fine consistently, and starting fine consistently, you shouldn't have to be clearing the cache a lot or even at all. I clear mine maybe once every month or two, whether it needs it or not (or if I changed any graphics related setting, which I rarely do). OF course - as someone would say "It's CLOD" - and different PCs have their own quirks...

6. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    40.24 MB

Cache
    ahhh... thats a relief . the big problems i have now are in MB , i placed 2 threads in MB and game play and hoping for the better. the game is steady with driver 368.81 and no graphic issues such as flooding. i am wondering wether i should roll back even further to see if my MB issues are resolved. Namely map icons not showing up and take off function which does'nt work.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.95 MB

Re: game wont start with patch for me as well

I too can not get the game to launch. Let me please apologize if I have posted in the wrong place. I have spent countless hours trying to install CLOD. I am running Intel core i5 4670k 3.4 ghz, ASRock anniversary edition motherboard., a Thermaltake TR2 600 watt power supply. 8 gb of DDR3 ram, kingston 120gb SSD with a fresh install of win 10 64 bit version 1607 two weeks ago, my graphics card is a Nvidia GT 630 2 gb video card. do not think my video card Think that is the important stuff. I have the Vanilla version of clod down loaded all patches and 7 zip extracted to separate folders for each, created launcher from steam/steamapps/common/clod. Install patch 3.0 using admin privileges. Installs successfully with the note to " copy your settings (ini.files) to new folder in My docks. I do not have IL-2 1946 installed so I do have a C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover but not the C: \ Users \ YOUR NAME \ Documents \ 1C SoftClub \ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD. whether this is the problem I do not know.
    I run steam in the back ground made a shortcut to CLOD from the installer in C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover run in admin mode and nothing. I have read and reread the post and I seem to be missing something. I have checked integrity of files in steam and my properties are as follows General- enable steam overlays is enabled and use desktop game theater in VR mode is unchecked. Updates- only update when launched. Btas - None. I have read so much I do not know what is what anymore. Anybody want to hit me with the clue bus cause I am getting tired of going no where. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. Regards Jake

ps off to have a pint lol
    Last edited by Major Hangover; Dec-01-2016 at 09:16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Major Hangover View Post
    Let me please apologize if I have posted in the wrong place. I have spent countless hours trying to install CLOD. I am running Intel core i5 4670k 3.4 ghz, ASRock anniversary edition motherboard., a Thermaltake TR2 600 watt power supply. 8 gb of DDR3 ram, kingston 120gb SSD with a fresh install of win 10 64 bit version 1607 two weeks ago, my graphics card is a Nvidia GT 630 2 gb video card. do not think my video card Think that is the important stuff. I have the Vanilla version of clod down loaded all patches and 7 zip extracted to separate folders for each, created launcher from steam/steamapps/common/clod. Install patch 3.0 using admin privileges. Installs successfully with the note to " copy your settings (ini.files) to new folder in My docks. I do not have IL-2 1946 installed so I do have a C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover but not the C: \ Users \ YOUR NAME \ Documents \ 1C SoftClub \ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD. whether this is the problem I do not know.
    I run steam in the back ground made a shortcut to CLOD from the installer in C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover run in admin mode and nothing. I have read and reread the post and I seem to be missing something. I have checked integrity of files in steam and my properties are as follows General- enable steam overlays is enabled and use desktop game theater in VR mode is unchecked. Updates- only update when launched. Btas - None. I have read so much I do not know what is what anymore. Anybody want to hit me with the clue bus cause I am getting tired of going no where. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. Regards Jake

ps off to have a pint lol
    C: \ Users \ YOUR NAME \ Documents \ 1C SoftClub \ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD. should appear when you install TF 3.0

if i recall you unzip th efiles... and have this kida red black icon of a plane... run that as admin...

then run game... start a mission... quit... then do 3.1.. repeat...

you on teamspeak?

Dont give up !! its well worth the brain ache

if yu are on TS gimme a shout... i have half an hour to kill !

look for highseas... will be in "flight 1" for a bit

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

10. Likes Major Hangover liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

no idea how far you have got with this.. but...

there are five patches in total.

from here

http://teamfusion.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

I never copied any XXXX.ini files from anywhere to anywhere else... so not sure what that is about. presumably for people who were already running the game prior to the first patch... Ignore that part.

just install each one after the other, launching as administrator and running the game in between exactly as Lewis welcome post.

I think on reflection the Mod file doesn't show until the second patch... though I may be wrong.

do like lewis says here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=5058&p=52711

PM me if want to.. your system is near identical to mine... other than your graphics card...

Stick with it... !! and come back and ask again if you have issues... (you are not alone !)
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Nov-29-2016 at 17:14. Reason: i like editing... it makes me sooo happy

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.95 MB

Thanks for the reply Highseas. The problem seems I can not get the game to launch period. I have followed Lewis's post for new pilots. When I try to launch the

game after installing the first patch 3.0 from the short cut I created from the one in the cliff of Dover folder in Admin mode looks like it is starting the windows

whell starts to spin and then nothing. If I try and start it from steam I get in the 8 file install loop or the 3 file loop. Just wondering if I should run the compatibility

troubleshooter first before running. At this point I am lost. Nothing seems to launch the game. I do appreacate the words of encouragement. You and all of the

. other people have made me feel very comfortable on the site. Not giving up just want to know what I am doing wrong. I am out of Ideas and I have read so

much its hard to decipher whats what anymore. I will try and install the teamspeak and see how that goes lol Warm Regards Jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Thanks for the reply Highseas. The problem seems I can not get the game to launch period. I have followed Lewis's post for new pilots. When I try to launch the

game after installing the first patch 3.0 from the short cut I created from the one in the cliff of Dover folder in Admin mode looks like it is starting the windows

whell starts to spin and then nothing. If I try and start it from steam I get in the 8 file install loop or the 3 file loop. Just wondering if I should run the compatibility

troubleshooter first before running. At this point I am lost. Nothing seems to launch the game. I do appreacate the words of encouragement. You and all of the

. other people have made me feel very comfortable on the site. Not giving up just want to know what I am doing wrong. I am out of Ideas and I have read so

much its hard to decipher whats what anymore. I will try and install the teamspeak and see how that goes lol Warm Regards Jake
    ok...

im off comms now...

but im usually up Mondays and Wednesdays from about 9pm...

if i as you i'd uninstall the lot and start over.

ive installed this three times now and each time it has worked...

Give me a shout ok... this should be straight forward...

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.95 MB

Well here we go. I am running a window 10 64 bit build 14393.447 version 1607, on ASRock Z97 Anniversary MB, with a i5-4670K processor at 3.4 GHZ, Nvidia GeForce gt 630 2 MB (replacing in new year),C: drive is a Kingston 120 GB SSD, a

Thermaltake 600 watt power supply. Storage 2 x 4 TB HDD and 1 x 500 GB HDD, 2 x LG DVD burners, Logitech wireless mouse and Keyboard K330 , Joystick is a Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS joystick and throtle with Thrustmaster Elite Rudder

Pedals no brakes. and my monitor is a LG E2340 digital, Nvidia driver is 376.09 as of 9-30-16. This is a brand new install I replaced my motherboard a few weeks back and reinstalled win 7 then upgraded back to win 10 up to date.

I have rolled my computer back to pre CLOD install and then reinstalled CLOD from steam. Non Beta version unchecked sync option. Install steam then CLOD. (Have not been able to start Vanila CLOD from steam in past loads, do not know if

this matters). Without steam running instal patch 3.0 to the default directory Steam/steamapps/etc. ( the last time I installed the patch I deleted the Mod folder in Clod. I do not have any directory that resembles / documents/1C Softclub/il-2

sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD/cache. I did have a Mod folder in Steam/steamapps/common/cliffsofDover. I don't need to install IL2 1946 do I?. I do believe I have followed Lewis's post for new pilots to the letter including running all patches

or should I say 3.0 in administrator mode. I then created a short cut icon to the desk top from steam/steamapps/common/cliffsofdover. Clicked on the icon right clicked and run as admin with steam running in the background. I get a box

asking me if I want to let 1C or something to make canges to my hard drive. I click yes and the windows wheel spins and nothing. I have seen steam go from ready to play, to loading and the back to ready to play o the game list in steam. I

don't have the joystick, Throttle or pedal drivers installed was going to wait till I got CLOD to run. I must be missing the obvious cause I have tried 2 times today with no success. Will the cloder file work on a window 10 setup. Their is a lot of

conflicting information on the site as to what works and what does not. Please let me know if I have missed something. Thanks for your patients and help with the install.

A gronded Major Hangover lol Jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Try this:

After STEAM finish CloD install, try run one time for STEAM install the Redist package - the VCRedist install will fail, but OK.

Then, "as administrator" run the patches install in sequence, without try open or clear cache.

A college did in this way this yesterday and work OK, I did at 2 weeks and work OK.

Both install in Windows 10 build 14393.447 version 1607.

Forget about CloDer.exe, this fix no longer work in the above Windows 10 version.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-30-2016 at 18:21.

16. Likes Major Hangover, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.95 MB

Hi, 1lokos thanks for the tip. I will try and patch the game as you suggested. Install steam in CLOD uncheck keep

up to date uncheck sync. and then I will run patches from 3.0 to 4.312 and then I will launch game from the game

icon I will create from the steam folder in Admin mode. The path for the game is

steam/steamapps/common/cliffsofdover correct

Thanks again MH aka Jake

18. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.95 MB

Hi, All I have made progress. I still can not launch the game in steam by right clicking the game in my games list in steam and click play game. The game starts to load and gets caught in the redist? loop but creates the mod folder I think and

then back to game ready to play. I have installed patch 3.0 in admin mode but not able to a game launch using my icon created from launcher in the clod directory. I then installed patch 3.01 and had success installing in admin mode to the

default directory. Again tried to launch game with desktop icon and no go again. I then proceeded to install patch 4.0 and could not get the installer.exe file to stay in the unzipped folder I had shut down comodo but the web or clud portion

kept reloading and removing the installer.exe file for patch 4.0. I had to remove Comodo from my computer to get the installer to stay in the unzipped folder. Prior to installing patch 4.0 I had re-downloaded all the patches without comodo on my

computer. I then reset steam to vanilla version and unchecked the sync and change update to when game loads verified game integrity then tried to run vanilla game from with in steam and again it would not launch. I then created a new

desktop icon from the CLOD folder as above from the launcher.exe . I then installed all all patches in admin mode in sequential order and in between each patch installations I tried to launch the game with desktop icon in admin mode with no

success. I the did the above procedure again trying to run the vanilla version of the game from steam with the game Verified integrity. Again caught in the redit? loop. I then successfully installed all patches without trying to start the game

untill patch 4.312 was successfully installed. All patches installed in Admin Mode. I once again created a desktop icon from the clod folder and tried to launch the game in admin mode from the desktop icon and no success. Each time I try to

launch the computer asks me for permission to make changes when it tries to launch and nothing. I have gone into Windows features and checked both boxes as suggested in the beginners guide. and again no launch. I have had steam

running in the background the entire time while installing and uninstalling .

Bellow are my computer specs.

I am running a window 10 64 bit build 14393.447 version 1607, on ASRock Z97 Anniversary MB, with a i5-4670K processor at 3.4 GHZ, Nvidia GeForce gt 630 2 MB (replacing in new year),C: drive is a Kingston 120 GB SSD, a

Thermaltake 600 watt power supply. Storage 2 x 4 TB HDD and 1 x 500 GB HDD, 2 x LG DVD burners, Logitech wireless mouse and Keyboard K330 , Joystick is a Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS joystick and throtle with Thrustmaster Elite Rudder

Pedals no brakes (not installed no arer the drivers). and my monitor is a LG E2340 digital, Nvidia driver is 376.09 as of 9-30-16. This is a brand new install I replaced my motherboard a few weeks back and reinstalled win 7 and used the win7

sp2 then upgraded back to win 10 up to date. I have rolled my computer back to pre CLOD install and then reinstalled CLOD from steam. Non Beta version unchecked s. I do not have any directory that resembles / documents/1C Softclub/il-2

cliffs of Dover. their is nothing in my docs folder that is even close to sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD/cache. I did have a Mod folder in Steam/steamapps/common/cliffsofDover though.

I think that is it. Again any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers MH

hey I am 1 step closer.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Not really sure what your issue is but maybe these will help.

Post #4 from Colander

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ghlight=redist

Post #7 from Sandorr

Post #3 from 1lokos

Here is another having to do with the redist.

Sorry if you've read all these, just searching for redist problems other people have reported. You'll get it sorted sooner or later, don't give up.

21. Likes Major Hangover liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

..... Nvidia GeForce gt 630 2 MB (replacing in new year)....
    I'm not sure this card will run CloD at all. Way way underpowered gpu, not even a GTX. Does it even have a fan ?
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

23. Likes Major Hangover liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

My new computer won't even open the Beta version on steam or the copy made as suggested here with the first patch.
    I downloaded from steam, but keep getting a beta version. This is the one I copied.
    Could this Beta version of CloD be causing a problem with the first patch?

This computer is setup for BOS using DirectX runtime version 12
    i7 6700K CPU 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX1070
    16GB ram
    New windows 10 installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Try this,

Opt out of beta on steam, verify your files through steam or dl game again, then do the patches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by seacondor View Post
    My new computer won't even open the Beta version on steam or the copy made as suggested here with the first patch.
    I downloaded from steam, but keep getting a beta version. This is the one I copied.
    Could this Beta version of CloD be causing a problem with the first patch?

This computer is setup for BOS using DirectX runtime version 12
    i7 6700K CPU 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX1070
    16GB ram
    New windows 10 installed.
    Recommend you read the new player's thread here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=5058&p=52711

You need to turn off auto updates for the game in Steam or it will keep on verifying itself back to the original bugged game.

Also, you don't want to install the optional Windows 10 patch which is on the Steam site.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I have reinstalled the sim three times yesterday. I only get an option to download the Beta.
    I'm carefully following the instructions here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Did you click on the opt out of beta option in steam?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Progress. So far I have the non beta version by installing from my old disk. That seemed to set the opt out of beta switch for me.
    Now see where I go from here.
    Where do you find the don't update switch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Open Steam, right click on the left part where it shows Il-2 Strumovik Cliffs of Dover. Go to properties.

In that, click on the Update tab, then make sure the auto updates is set to "Only update this game when I launch it"

Then on the bottom where it says Steam Cloud, make sure that is NOT checked, you don't want Steam Cloud synching the game.

Then click on the BETAS tab and opt. out, "NONE- Opt out of all beta programs"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thankyou for your help. The sim is up and running. I noticed two things. If seems to be darker than it was and it is like flying through a mist all the time, also
    there were no cross hairs in the gun sights.
    I did a free flight over London. Is there any reason there are no docks which
    were one of the main targets or do you need to build them in the mission builder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Screengrabs would help. Crosshairs are set to OFF, you have to turn them on in the cockpit or bind a button to them. The mist I'm not sure what you are saying, a screenshot would help, but after you've installed everything and run it you should delete your cache folder in Mydocuments/1c/.....

As far as the docks, depends where, not everything is modeled.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This is the mist I was talking about.
    Also what keys turn on the crosshair?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Crosshairs are available in cockpit view only, via the gunsight. The "mist"... is that referring to the lack of transparency of the server message box perhaps? Maybe someone could point you to a good info window setup if that's the case. Do you fly mostly with exterior views? This sim is best viewed from the 'pit. All the best, cheers ~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Yeah, crosshairs only in cockpit on the gunsight. Key bindings are custom for that I think, so you'll have to search in the controls, or just click it on via the switch in the cockpit, usually on all planes it is somewhere near the gunsight, you'll have to lean around to see some.

As for the mist... looks blown out. Are the settings on your monitor correct? And what Freya said, I can see your info windows, just enough to make it seem like there is some difference which may be the mist you are talking about. Just Alt. Right click on the boxes, customize, and drop the transparency down to 0.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks guys. I will look into this. I flew the bomber attach mission yesterday. It was so much better than the old version and computer.
    I'm very pleased with the effort that has been put into this sim.