Maybe now we could dream a little bit more

Please? For Tobruk? For Christmas sake?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Maybe now we could dream a little bit more

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Please? For Tobruk? For Christmas sake?

Thanks for all your support Lolsav... much appreciated.

Unfortunately we cannot commit to producing the Focke-Wulf 190A for TF 5.0... but if that release is a success, then the 'Butcher Bird' will be the #1 priority for TF's next release.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

What about the Ju88 C2 fighter bomber which got dropped from TF5.0 at the 11th hour? Is there still hope for it to be reinstated?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

You know Buzz, dreaming is free

Im still ecstatic with all those recent news. They are sooooo sweet that despite all the information i gathered all these years, knowing how hard a task of building the FW from scratch would be, even so, i went over the top reaching for the moon.

I know its impossible. But its Christmas and i feel like a little kid again

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Smile Re: Maybe now we could dream a little bit more

Hi all,
    My take is that a lot of time originally allotted for new content will need to be spent learning a new engine/DX11, reorganizing, and transitioning carefully under 1C and Ubisoft. I figure the NDA's won't be all that loose either.

I love the game right now and hope people's support won't wane because of some of the perceived delays or an inherent dislike for big companies.

~S~!

6. Likes ATAG_Bliss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Zeb View Post
    Hi all,
    My take is that a lot of time originally allotted for new content will need to be spent learning a new engine/DX11, reorganizing, and transitioning carefully under 1C and Ubisoft. I figure the NDA's won't be all that loose either.

I love the game right now and hope people's support won't wane because of some of the perceived delays or an inherent dislike for big companies.

~S~!
    Everything you said is spot on except for the Ubisoft thing. They have no longer have anything to do with regards to Cliffs of Dover at all.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

8. Likes 69th_Zeb liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    Everything you said is spot on except for the Ubisoft thing. They have no longer have anything to do with regards to Cliffs of Dover at all.
    Damn! i finally get a PC able to run that splash screen without a stutter and now its history!
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

10. Likes ATAG_Lolsav, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post
    Damn! i finally get a PC able to run that splash screen without a stutter and now its history!
    lol Cute little plane you have there on your sig Boo. What model is that? Do they also make one for the man
    Last edited by ATAG_((dB)); Jan-12-2017 at 00:58.
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

12. Likes BOO liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Oh you a Funny Guy, ya are, ya are, ya are!!
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

14. Likes ATAG_((dB)) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

From time to time I like to sit back and think of all the things I would like to see in this game. I love this game and feel like it has always had the most potential of all the games out there, especially at the time of its release. The Damage models.. Although sometimes buggy are still amazing..And I feel can be built upon and made even better. I think the possibilities are endless. The flight models feel amazing to me( I'm not a real pilot) just play one on my computer. The biggest thing that has always bothered me about this great game..Is the lack of " life' and " movement" in the game. Airfields feel lifeless ..I want to see vehicles moving around..I want to see people walking around. I want to see colums rolling off to transfer troops or fuel colums headed to nearby airfields to refuel them. We all know that the road splines are broken..And that's the reason we don't see alot of that stuff...But what about animated crew members walking around and doing stuff? I feel this game deep down needs this sort of thing..And is it even possible? Can annimated people be added into the game? And if so..Do we have anybody that can do annimated? Like Lolsav said dreaming is free..Will eventually getting the source code help with any of this and if someone wanted to step up with the skills, is it something you guys are considering? Never know unless you ask right? Dare to dream? I think so ...

Cheer
    Ribbs

I feel this might be even more important with the upcoming theater as the desert environment is going to be even more baron..And empty feeling. I'm not bashing it by any means..I think it's going to be awesome! But that's alot of sand..Haha. I see alot of ground strafing and JABO missions..Would be great to see people running for their virtual lives.
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Jan-19-2017 at 13:14.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

The last few years have been amazing and you guys have done so very much and I appreciate this effort.I have been working on getting our server up as a campaign server and have convoys on roads that move and shoot and burn and blow up so as for life on the server it is possible.Currently we have 148 axis vehicles,and trains on every track, roaming all the highways and rails taking as much as 3 hours to reach a destination. They may move jerky and not so smooth as would be normal but they will scatter when attacked the shuffle down the road again in a few minutes when they think the coast is clear. Keep up the work boys this is going to be fantastic even more so than it is now. Dreaming of crowded skies. Fatal
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

17. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Lolsav liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Fatal_Error View Post
    The last few years have been amazing and you guys have done so very much and I appreciate this effort.I have been working on getting our server up as a campaign server and have convoys on roads that move and shoot and burn and blow up so as for life on the server it is possible.Currently we have 148 axis vehicles,and trains on every track, roaming all the highways and rails taking as much as 3 hours to reach a destination. They may move jerky and not so smooth as would be normal but they will scatter when attacked the shuffle down the road again in a few minutes when they think the coast is clear. Keep up the work boys this is going to be fantastic even more so than it is now. Dreaming of crowded skies. Fatal
    Fatal! That's awesome! To me that seems more realistic than them just blindly continuing down the road anyways. I would like to see more of this in mission building. Keep up the great work.

Im still intrigued about the crew animation possibilities. Hopefully someone can shed some light. S!

Cheers
    Ribbs
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Fatal_Error View Post

I remember vehicles circulating at the airport on your server too. Nice touch Fatal
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

I want to see the Ambulance and firetruck come scrambling to my side when I crash land. Hey if they crash oh well..( accidents happen) It would still be fun! GIVE US LIFE! Haha I want little guys fleeing strafffed vehicles! How cool.would that be! Just low Polly humans that disappear fairly quickly. The vehicles moving around the airfields is great..Love seeing things moving.

Cheers
    Ribbs
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    500.94 MB

i disagree lolsav, Cliffs of Dover is a early war Sim, there is so much to do before think to those kind of spaceship,

There is plenty of planes which are already in the source code but are not flyable or even present in the game.
    --> Avro Anson, Me 108, He 59, Walrus, dornier 17, gladiator, cr42... and i forgot the others. (+ GROUND VEHICLES OMG)

A dewoitine 520 is also being developped by TF, this open the way for a campaign of france battles. This theater is not represented by any Sim (except maybe il2 1946 mods), this can be an opportunity for TF. Indeed, to include this theater in the game, a great part of the work is already done.

In my mind, the Cliffs of Dover and TF way is to develop early war theaters. If they go to develop the same planes which are already present in others sims, it could be a mistake.

See you in the air.
    Last edited by Brennus54; Jan-21-2017 at 09:57.

22. Likes 1lokos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Brennus54 View Post

I hope you'll understand this opinion Lolsav

See you in the air.
    Of course i do. But althoug all you said is true and important to the game, the step foward to get a 190 is a milestone. I am aware that many old il2 1946 players prefer other games to Cliffs just because they cant fly a 190. And im not talking about 10 or 20, i mean a whole bunch. The 190 its not just a plane. Its not a strastopheric plane either, but it allows a whole new set of manouvers that the 109 cant. Its a pure boom and zoomer and it has a amazing roll rate. Its just a sheer speed plane. These guys who fly the 190 they dont care about Dewoitne or any contemporany plane like that. They want the 190. Thats all what they dream to have. And we are talking about Tobruk, where it makes sense to have a 190.

For instance the Martlet:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...7&d=1434989682

It gives the F4 lovers/Pacific fighters something to play with. The A3 would give those guys something also. Like i said before, its a milestone. It keeps the game alive and gives a reason for people to try it again. Once they discover what TF has done, they are hook

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Fw-190? O no!

Will start all that endless post about "the bar", "FM is porket, Fw 190 is a "win the war Uber plane", "superior to all Allieds can brings to the air", "I can't make 10 kill per flight like "Hartmans", the plane is borked", etc. etc.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-21-2017 at 09:31.

25. Likes Brennus54, DerDa, ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Actually, I think I would enourmously enjoy exactly these posts, 1lokos

The 190 might be the only thing that could lure me over to the blue side from time to time.
    But I also have to agree with Brennus: the Battle of France, with Dewoitines, Moranes, Hawks and all would be just great.
    And as far as I understood the TF(S) posts, well, it is okay to dream of all of this! Western Europe and North Africa from 39 to 45. That is truly a lot to dream about!

And if we are nice and patient and well behaved and keep on supporting TFS, then those dreams might come true.

S!

DerDa

(Still I am hiding away a little tear about my beloved Ki-43 in Team Fusion quality, but ... oh well)

27. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

This is a "Dare to dream thread"..Let's try and keep it that way.

Cheers
    Ribbs
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    And if we are nice and patient and well behaved and keep on supporting TFS, then those dreams might come true.

S!

DerDa
    Yep !!

and... if they don't i will be in my hurricane...
    fitting a new flux capacitor.

I love this sim ! It's brilliant !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Thanks for all your support Lolsav... much appreciated.

Unfortunately we cannot commit to producing the Focke-Wulf 190A for TF 5.0... but if that release is a success, then the 'Butcher Bird' will be the #1 priority for TF's next release.

Do you guys think you will be able to simulate the armoured glass refracting the image around the window frame and cowling? You're not supposed to see the window frame apparently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Oh no.

I can see "The Gunsight Bar" forum threads already!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    138.5 KB

Anyone considered what aircraft you would need to balance the FW190 with, the only real candidate is the Typhoon?