Thread: Suggest stick settings

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Suggest stick settings

Hi BOS fliers. I'm mainly a Cliffs of Dover flier but I thought I would give BOS another try while waiting for the patch. Could any of you suggest where to set the stick adjustments to fix the weightless feeling of the aeroplanes. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Suggest stick settings

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    Hi BOS fliers. I'm mainly a Cliffs of Dover flier but I thought I would give BOS another try while waiting for the patch. Could any of you suggest where to set the stick adjustments to fix the weightless feeling of the aeroplanes. Thanks
    you mean the plane actually flys?

the 109s have a weight feeling to me, but I had to put a 15 curve on them because of the bouncy front end..

the rudder is a 5 curve.

try that..

https://youtu.be/A6f7c2Z807s
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    " He who never changes his mind, never changes anything,"
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

I'll take a look Mastiff but before I do I'd like to say that ever since I started flying BOS to me it feels like the aeroplanes are filled all with a bunch of helium sacks. Beautiful looking sim but I just cant figure the Flight Model and I'm not bashing it.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Rich

I found that putting quite big curves in helped me for little loss in the fine control. I guess its stick dependent. I have a responsive but stable 109 that doesnt feel "odd" at all.

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    you mean the plane actually flys?

the 109s have a weight feeling to me, but I had to put a 15 curve on them because of the bouncy front end..

the rudder is a 5 curve.

try that..

https://youtu.be/A6f7c2Z807s

It helped Mastiff thanks very much

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Mindle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    911.26 MB

Suggest stick settings

I have pitch and roll at 42 and rudder 70. Warthog and cross winds. DZ of 4 on rudder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 9./JG52 Mindle; Jan-02-2017 at 17:50.

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.4 GHz Processor; 16.0 GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; TM Warthog HOTAS; MFG Crosswinds; Track IR5

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I use 15 on pitch and roll and 30 on rudder - that's for a X-55 and combat rudder pedals. Think I also use a small deadzone on the rudder. FMs feel good to me overall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'll take a look Mastiff but before I do I'd like to say that ever since I started flying BOS to me it feels like the aeroplanes are filled all with a bunch of helium sacks. Beautiful looking sim but I just cant figure the Flight Model and I'm not bashing it.
    not at all, I know what you mean..

to me the DCS World and the BOS FM's seem closer to me, than CLODS.. But now that they have the tools, I hope to see this change.

A Good indication they have the FM's at least correct with in 3% tolerance, is take a plane and set it up for take of configuration, while rolling down the airfield don't touch the flight stick, do use the throttle and rudder to keep straight and the plane should lift all by itself.

also landing configuration, your really only supposed to use the throttle for landing not the flight stick, set it up for landing and control the plane with the throttle and you will see what I mean.
    Last edited by Mastiff; Jan-02-2017 at 22:35.
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Try out the russian planes, LAGG, IL 2 and PE 2 got weight to it. I had the same feeling in the start flying Luftwaffe, this made me not fly them. And I almost never do because of this. But I think that has changed a lot since then. The FW is the one I flown most, since it is the most controversial AC we got. And it do not feel like a helium balloon. I suggest you try it again. I find I have problem with COD FM after getting used to BOS environment. It got a different feel, I do not think any of these got realistic atmospheric and environmental simulation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by LuseKofte View Post
    Try out the russian planes, LAGG, IL 2 and PE 2 got weight to it. I had the same feeling in the start flying Luftwaffe, this made me not fly them. And I almost never do because of this. But I think that has changed a lot since then. The FW is the one I flown most, since it is the most controversial AC we got. And it do not feel like a helium balloon. I suggest you try it again. I find I have problem with COD FM after getting used to BOS environment. It got a different feel, I do not think any of these got realistic atmospheric and environmental simulation.
    it would be nice to have this, and feel the air bumpiness, but then that's more CPU cycles they probably don't want to take away from visuals.

The turbulence is in BOS; but it was turned of for MP because of CPU cycles, I do believe its in SP.

but I couldn't feel it or sense..
    32 Samsung|||