Thread: Team Fusion, COD and Desastersoft

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Team Fusion, COD and Desastersoft

Hello All,

I'm running Cliffs of Dover with the latest version of Team Fusion and with three Desastersoft campaigns (Wick v's Dundas, Adolf Galland and Channel Battles).

On an external view I am seeing two sets of markings on my plane, slightly offset from one another. One is the default skin with grey squadron marking (on Spitfire), and on top of that is the Desastersoft, with white squadron marking.

I can stop the Desastersoft skin being used by renaming the skins folder that contains it. However, I would prefer to keep the Desastersoft skin and remove the default skin on my aircraft (not the AI...). Is this possible? I already tried to turn off the markings via the plane menu once in the Desastersoft campaign mission, but it can't be changed once in the mission.

Thanks

Jon

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Team Fusion, COD and Desastersoft

Have I posted this in the wrong forum/subject?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Majick View Post
    Have I posted this in the wrong forum/subject?
    Hi Majick,

Not critical, but I've moved your thread to the Single Players Forum on the off chance that other Disastersoft owners here may have the answer.

Good luck!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That's great, thanks very much ATAG_Snapper!

5. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

OK well could someone at least confirm that they have Desastersoft installed and they aren't getting duplicated markings?

If so I will have to check my install again

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Try in Options > Plane un-tick the Marks option, for the plane that you are flying in that campaign.

Probable this campaign use custom skins with marks (number, etc) already included in skin.

8. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi 1lokos,

From the main menu I'm able to Options > Plane un-tick the Marks option.

But this does not address the issue once in the Desastersoft mission, duplicates are still there.

When I use Options > Plane from within the mission the marks option is checked and can not be changed.

I'm surprised no one else is saying they are using Desastersoft and encountering this issue. But also no-one is saying they use Desastersoft and not encountering the issue. Is no-one using Desastersoft? Is there something better I should be using for single player camapigns?

Cheers

Jon

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Looks that are no much users of this Desastersoft Campaigns, that are a bit expensive, specially for a "broken" and officially unsupported game.

Try look in one mission file in FMB - is need copy for Single Mission folder - and see if marks are ticked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Looks that are no much users of this Desastersoft Campaigns, that are a bit expensive, specially for a "broken" and officially unsupported game.

Try look in one mission file in FMB - is need copy for Single Mission folder - and see if marks are ticked.
    Re: Desastersoft campaign's I had three or four CTD's and so have stopped playing them!

Ben
    "What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over... the Battle of Britain is about to begin!"
    (Winston S. Churchill.)

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.81 GB

I installed Channel Battles months ago and tried to fly my favorite, the Bf 110. It started rotating circles as I advanced the throttle. most frustrating. I tired again yesterday, same frustrating problem. I have tried the brakes, the rudders, the trim tabs and end up using language I try to avoid. My dog understands as he raises his boxer dog head with great compassion it looks to me but I think he mutters under his breath.."You Assh....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by zahnartz62 View Post
    I installed Channel Battles months ago and tried to fly my favorite, the Bf 110. It started rotating circles as I advanced the throttle. most frustrating. I tired again yesterday, same frustrating problem. I have tried the brakes, the rudders, the trim tabs and end up using language I try to avoid. My dog understands as he raises his boxer dog head with great compassion it looks to me but I think he mutters under his breath.."You Assh....
    Just a question but are you only controlling one engine at this time? I had these problems until I mapped a key to control both engines at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Your throttle is only controlling one of the engines... you need to set up "All engines" button.

Quote Originally Posted by zahnartz62 View Post