Thread: 8x57 PmK smoke trail

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    660.92 MB

8x57 PmK smoke trail

The Luftwaffe 8x57 PmK has a load of 0.5 g white phosphor which sorrounds the steel core as seen in the technical drawings below. Upon firing the round, a solder point which breaks through friction heating in the barrel is destroyed and a small hole is exposed through which the phosphorous smoke exits the projectile. The WP burns as soon as it comes in contact with oxygen and sets any flammable objects on fire which in may come in contact with. This leaves a trail of white phosphorous smoke up to 700m long, at which point the WP inside is pretty much burnt up and the inciendiary properties are lost.

Armor penetration values are 6,5 mm (90°), 5 mm (60°) at 100m for hardened steel (150 kg/mm^2).

In the following video at 0:15 and 1:13 you can see PmKs being shot. They describe it in the video as a B-Patrone, but someone ripped them off. The two I marked are definitely PmK.

At 4:45 you can see tons of PmK being shot.

I opened an issue on the bugtracker, it is #840. http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/840

Maybe this is known and the missing smoke is an engine limitation. I could guess that thousands of PmK in the air may cause a massive performance drop. But there are other inaccuracies with the other ammo as well, so it might just be a bug.
    Last edited by rel4y; Jan-16-2017 at 17:40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Re: 8x57 PmK smoke trail

1:16, turn around like that with a weapon on a range and expect to get knocked the hell out.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!