Total Downloaded
    7.88 MB

Re: The strongest spit ever made

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    This is record from track?

The hit effects is too overdone:

image sharing sites

A .50 hit looks like a... FLAK shell.
    Yep is from track, but appear ever like it. Exist a mode to change it?

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB

Nice vid Porco!
    You know better than me that those MG are pretty lunatic. They have a fire-ratio that is almost rubbish. Even thought if in the hands of an experienced G.50 pilot like you they can do a lot of damage, especially if the spit pilot isn't very experienced (like the one in the video that only do turn thinking he can outturn a g.50).
    In my experience the vital point in the spit is primary the pilot. You're not very well protected from the 12mm guns. Others vital points are the rads and the fuel tank that is in front of the pilot (not behind like in the 109). And if you set it on fire it's hard to bailout before being toasted.

6. Likes PorcoRosso86 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Nice vid Porco!
    You know better than me that those MG are pretty lunatic. They have a fire-ratio that is almost rubbish. Even thought if in the hands of an experienced G.50 pilot like you they can do a lot of damage, especially if the spit pilot isn't very experienced (like the one in the video that only do turn thinking he can outturn a g.50).
    In my experience the vital point in the spit is primary the pilot. You're not very well protected from the 12mm guns. Others vital points are the rads and the fuel tank that is in front of the pilot (not behind like in the 109). And if you set it on fire it's hard to bailout before being toasted.
    Yep I know barone, Breada SAFAT was really worst; only us can doing .50 with less powder to save money But is the first time that I saw a spit so hard and strong. No radiators leak, or tiny leaks, he was very luck

tF3R8B9.jpg

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by PorcoRosso86 View Post
    Yep I know barone, Breada SAFAT was really worst; only us can doing .50 with less powder to save money
    tF3R8B9.jpg
    Ahaha yeah history of our country.

Inviato dal mio Moto G (4) utilizzando Tapatalk

9. Likes PorcoRosso86 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by PorcoRosso86 View Post
    ...or maybe need a better weapons

Despite having the best damage effects of all simulators I know, the CLOD, still has bugs that annoy, IT IS AT TIME TO BE CORRECTED !! FAST !!
    9./JG54 GERMANWOLF

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Well, I say: hats off to the Spitty pilot.
    Being chased by a G.50 and a 109 did not leave him many options, one is faster, the other one turns better.
    Still he could avoid being killed and manage a crash landing.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Well, I say: hats off to the Spitty pilot.
    Being chased by a G.50 and a 109 did not leave him many options, one is faster, the other one turns better.
    Still he could avoid being killed and manage a crash landing.
    I'm not saying that he was an idiot. He certainly was in a bad situation since he was on the deck (and that's the first big error).
    But I see a lot of people online that say "well I'm in a spit I can outturn eveythings" that's a bad statement.
    Keeping in mind that I think that you should use every aircraft in energy, it's simply impossible to outturn a g50. You'll lose all you energy and you will die. That's a fact!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Keeping in mind that I think that you should use every aircraft in energy, it's simply impossible to outturn a g50. You'll lose all you energy and you will die. That's a fact!
    Parachute beats fact 9 times out of 10 !!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

14. Likes PorcoRosso86 liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Parachute beats fact 9 times out of 10 !!

If you need the parachute means that you were shot down so theory confirmed.

16. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

YIPPEEEE !!!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

18. Likes PorcoRosso86 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Remember the Italian 12.7mm is not the same as the US 12.7mm/.50 cal.

Italian has muzzle velocity of 760 m/s compared to 890 m/s for the US weapon.

Italian 12.7mm is actually copied from British Vickers .50 cal... same weakness.

Italians tried to improve the by adding HE rounds... but the amount of explosive was very small so it wasn't very effective.

The other problem is the weapon fires through the prop... good for convergence, but means the gun has to be syncronized, which reduces the already slow rate of fire.

Still, an Italian 12.7mm AP round will go through the British backseat pilot armour a lot more often than a 7.92mm or a .303. Obviously not as good as a US .50 API or a 20mm AP round. (remember a Minengeschoss round will tend to explode in the tail section before it reaches the armour)

Best place for a G50 pilot to aim at is the enemy pilot, or the enemy aircraft's engine. Putting bullets through the wings won't do that much... not enough of them and not enough explosive charge to cause major damage. Aiming at the radiator is hit and miss... not enough volume of fire to guarantee a hit... But a 12.7 round in the engine will serious damage it, and obviously a enemy pilot can be killed instantly with a single 12.7mm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Remember the Italian 12.7mm is not the same as the US 12.7mm/.50 cal.

Italian has muzzle velocity of 760 m/s compared to 890 m/s for the US weapon.

Italian 12.7mm is actually copied from British Vickers .50 cal... same weakness.

Italians tried to improve the by adding HE rounds... but the amount of explosive was very small so it wasn't very effective.

The other problem is the weapon fires through the prop... good for convergence, but means the gun has to be syncronized, which reduces the already slow rate of fire.

Still, an Italian 12.7mm AP round will go through the British backseat pilot armour a lot more often than a 7.92mm or a .303. Obviously not as good as a US .50 API or a 20mm AP round. (remember a Minengeschoss round will tend to explode in the tail section before it reaches the armour)

Best place for a G50 pilot to aim at is the enemy pilot, or the enemy aircraft's engine. Putting bullets through the wings won't do that much... not enough of them and not enough explosive charge to cause major damage. Aiming at the radiator is hit and miss... not enough volume of fire to guarantee a hit... But a 12.7 round in the engine will serious damage it, and obviously a enemy pilot can be killed instantly with a single 12.7mm.
    Wait, I know as well the "effectiveness" of the Breada 12.7, because I got a "bit" hours on CloD's g.50, and for my personal interest about ww2 weapons
    I don't made the video to criticize the breda in cliff of dover, but to see the funny moments that sometimes appear in cliff
    Anyway thanks to the informations, that maybe the g.50 pilots on the server (and actually, fortunately, are many) didn't know!
    S!

21. Likes ATAG_Lolsav liked this post