Thread: Take-Off on the ME110 - Hurricane

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    153.16 MB

Take-Off on the ME110 - Hurricane

Hope this is the right place to post.

Seem to have a problem with taking off on the ME110 as well as the Hurricane.

ME110 - Full throttle no flaps and end up in a sad heap at the other side of the airfield, tried pulling back on the stick but the flying speed is to low, rear gunner has taken sick leave!

Hurricane - Again full throttle then the ASI seems reluctant to exceed 80kts, also the take-off run is very long, eventually get airborne with the help of a ridge at the end of the grass runway.

Brakes are fully off though only getting around 96% power, trying to get throttles to 100% but so far unsuccessful even on mapping the throttle levers through menu settings.

Once airborne with the Hurricane I'm getting sufficient power for combat, just need to know where I am going wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
    Nigel.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    153.16 MB

Re: Take-Off on the ME110 - Hurricane

Just found out what the problem was.......................me!!
    I have left and right brakes set on my throttle quadrant and both brakes set on the slider of the joystick which I had forgotten I'd done and therefore was trying to take-off with about 40% brakes applied!!

Regards
    Nigel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

In addition at the link below you can find an article that maybe could be of help about the Bf 110 settings to be used.

REF: http://stabi.jg51.forumfree.it/?t=72124906
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    153.16 MB

Many thanks for your reply and also the link. Should have remembered that I assigned the slider on my joystick for the main brakes, going to have to type out a list of all my assignments so that I can refer to each aircraft before I fly.

Again, many thanks.

Regards
    Nigel.

5. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelhj View Post
    I have left and right brakes set on my throttle quadrant and both brakes set on the slider of the joystick
    Brakes in axes without spring to return to zero is not good idea.

Better use in joystick button - Spit/Hurri/Blein brakes is not for press and hold, but for press and release, press and release and etc.

See there, look at pilot right hand - barely visible (similar video showing this Hurri brakes use better was remove from YT due copyrights):

https://youtu.be/h6m7z2HPW34?t=86
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-30-2017 at 08:59.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    153.16 MB

Hi 1lokos, sorry for not replying earlier, many thanks for the advice, will remap my joystick and use buttons instead as found the levers not altogether very good.

Regards
    Nigel.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

dont be afraid to cut the fuel down..as you know u can always transfer. also a few clicks of elevator trim is handy when rolling. full fuel and 2 bombs it lifts off very slowly.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    153.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Saipan View Post
    dont be afraid to cut the fuel down..as you know u can always transfer. also a few clicks of elevator trim is handy when rolling. full fuel and 2 bombs it lifts off very slowly.
    Very many thanks for the advice, that will come in very handy once I have got used to the handling of the 110 before I start with loading bombs!

Regards
    Nigel.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelhj View Post
    Very many thanks for the advice, that will come in very handy once I have got used to the handling of the 110 before I start with loading bombs!

Regards
    Nigel.
    Hi Nigel - if you are also interested in flying the 110 as a pure fighter then you might find this post useful

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ght=Persistant

Ezzie