Thread: Is it safe to go online with Steam after August wrecking spree with its update ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Is it safe to go online with Steam after August wrecking spree with its update ?

Hi, I have been running Steam in offline mode ever since Steam decided to apply an update and wrecked MOD'ed CoD installs in August 2016.
    I need to make steam online to install another game, but what needs doing to avoid it making any updates as I had escaped its clutches at the time, after first experiencing it updating despite turning off some setting, and had to reinstall CoD, and I have 5 variations I run so 5 x the installs. I made it offline so it couldnt try again.

Has it truly abandoned that update now as being told it had, running steam saw it do an update ?

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: Is it safe to go online with Steam after August wrecking spree with its update ?

The update from STEAM now is optional. Also, when TFS delivers the MOD to STEAM will be optional to download.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Re: Is it safe to go online with Steam after August wrecking spree with its update ?

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    The update from STEAM now is optional. Also, when TFS delivers the MOD to STEAM will be optional to download.
    Hi, thanks but...Where is the setting for this option, where I can say don't update ?

why is CoD so much a struggle to run., thank you Steam,...need a degree in pc evasion, and streetwiseness.

I see nothing at all to do so, except drop down list that hasnt options but says keep game up to date.

I am hating Steam to the souls of its boots, terrible dictatorial thing.

Give me back the days of just running an exe, not having something overiding my wishes. Its not neccesary at all, it will wreck and not care, has no customer service centre that replies.

Steve
    Last edited by BOBC; Feb-03-2017 at 04:39.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

For now, all you really need to know is: STEAM instalation will not give you the troublesome update. Team Fusion has not sent any content to STEAM either, so there is no problem with that. When the time comes proper instructions will be provided.