Thread: IL2 Getting VR Support In March

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

IL2 Getting VR Support In March

Is this mod likely to filter down into CloD anytime soon?
    Intel I9 9900K at 5.0 Ghz. Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra Motherboard. 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM. EVGA G3 PSU. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC. Thermaltake flo riing360 water cooler. 1TB Corsair M.2 NVMe boot drive. I TB Seagate hybrid mass storage drive. HP Reverb. TM Warthog HOTAS. MFG Crosswind pedals.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: IL2 Getting VR Support In March

Lol I was just coming here to post about the same question, when I saw that announcement for BOS I wondered if the technology they are implementing for it might help in a possible VR future for Cliffs...
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

"3. Within a number of months, TFS releases a new edition of the original game. This will have all the current TF 4.312 'mods', but this time these work-arounds and adaptions will be properly written to the Source Code, and the game will also be upgraded to DX11. In addition, we will provide a number of 'extras' over what is currently in TF 4.312. We can't say what these will be at this point, but we are sure the community will appreciate them. This 'new' game will replace the old one on Steam, and will be a free upgrade to those who already own CLIFFS."

Quote from the update on having an agreement in principle with 1C back in December. There is an important detail in that quote needed for VR. I know it doesn't really answer your question but we just ask for patience for now. It is on our list.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Sounds good to me, thanks!
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

No, there will not be VR support in March or for the release of TF 4.5... the DX11 version of TF 4.312.

For TF 5.0 we do hope to have VR enabled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    No, there will not be VR support in March or for the release of TF 4.5... the DX11 version of TF 4.312.

For TF 5.0 we do hope to have VR enabled.
    And there was me thinking I had all my peripherals sorted.

Dear Mr bank manager guy...

Hi.. it's me. I know !! Long time no talk huh?

erm.. how are the kids? and what not....

soooo... anyway... I was thinking...

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

As well as the VR stuff Seas you'll need a good "Beer Hat" - its the only way to guarantee not knocking your beverage over your PC when reaching out for something that actually isnt there....

And a lock for your door so your kids cant come and take pictures of you with rude signs held above your head or suspend a scream mask in front of you to scare the bejesus outta you when you remove the goggles...
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

9. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

Sounds like the voice of experience there

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

It's bad enough that I get told I look like a Martian..With the trackir clip on my headphones...I can only imagine...Ugh

Cheers
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

So I was playing a shooter game with my Rift and new Touch controllers a couple of days ago, standing and moving around. Unbeknownst to me at the time my wife captured a short video of it on her cell phone.

It was not pretty....
    LOL
    Don B

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by dburne View Post
    So I was playing a shooter game with my Rift and new Touch controllers a couple of days ago, standing and moving around. Unbeknownst to me at the time my wife captured a short video of it on her cell phone.

It was not pretty....
    LOL
    Lockable man caves all round !!

Preferably with working fire alarms throughout the house... just in case !

Being blind to ones surroundings while simultaneously being distracted to a near complete level isn't without its dangers !!

Personally I like a bit danger... but being completely oblivious to my surrounding? Not so much !!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by dburne View Post

It was not pretty....
    LOL

Hopefully she uploads it here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Hahaha!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

you see this is perhaps the one disadvantage with simming.

Whilst killing Zombies, sniping terrorist or building redstone killdeath squash traps in my pre simming days of PS3 i could reasonably fane an interest in my families activities. This generally kept the peace. Now i cant. I mean in any way, with headsets i cant even make the occasional "hmm" in the right place.

And itll get worse with VR.

And this will, undoubtedly, lead so some act of humiliation against me, no doubt involving my wifes 2300 twitter followers (im dreading THAT party...i tried twitter, got 11 followers and felt "owned" so i quit) ) and a phone cam.

VR needs to come with a mortice lock kit for sure
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

17. Likes ATAG_Highseas, DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Found this new thing online called a "Steam Cabin", never seen it before.

I assume you're supposed to set up your VR flight sim gear in this sort of enclosure if you are playing Steam VR games?

It could be an ideal solution for you fellows with shared living spaces!

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

19. Likes ATAG_Snapper, =FI=Murph, Sn8ke_iis liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Hopefully she uploads it here.
    LOL, she knows nothing about posting on forums so think I am safe there!
    Don B

21. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

One item to note re the Oculus Rift is that in order to install the required setup software you must have the dreaded KB2670838 Windows update installed as i discovered today to my dismay and surprise.

I know for windows 7 users like me that update can cause all sorts of problems running Clod http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3528

Not sure if windows 10 makes that issue redundant or not?

S!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I have OR and windows 10 and have no issues with Clod.

24. Likes ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post
    Not sure if windows 10 makes that issue redundant or not?

S!
    Yeah I think that issue is non existent with Windows 10.
    Don B

26. Likes ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    14.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post
    As well as the VR stuff Seas you'll need a good "Beer Hat" - its the only way to guarantee not knocking your beverage over your PC when reaching out for something that actually isnt there....

And a lock for your door so your kids cant come and take pictures of you with rude signs held above your head or suspend a scream mask in front of you to scare the bejesus outta you when you remove the goggles...
    Those sound like good kids.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Just a heads up for anyone considering getting a Rift ( I also posted in the Technical Corner) - Oculus reduced the price this week significantly on the Rift by 100.00 USD. On the Touch controllers as well by the same amount.
    Don B

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post

or just tap you on the shoulder...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    or just tap you on the shoulder...
    Oh yeah the wife did that to me the other day whilst I was standing and playing a shooter ( Dead & Buried) with the Touch controllers.
    I screamed LOL.
    Don B