Thread: G50 cockpit and Trackir

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

G50 cockpit and Trackir

Did some research..And couldn't find anything on this problem I'm having. The problem could just be my settings, but it's odd. There seems to be something associated with the G50 cockpit that affects my trackir. I run a trackir3 with the trackir 5 software. I don't have any problems in any other cockpit other that the G50. It doesn't matter if I'm in a completely dark room or just dimly lit. I use the reflective buttons mounted to my headset. I have a hard time believing it's a setting though because I can fly all day without a glitch or hiccup in any other aircraft. Then I can climb in a G50..And my trackir will freak out ( at the worst possible times it seems) like it's losing track of my head or something is reflecting back at me From the screen) and casing it to glitch. Anyone else have this problem with the G50?

Cheers
    Ribbs
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: G50 cockpit and Trackir

Does trackir 3 has 6DOF?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Do you wear glasses?
    I sometimes have issues with my glasses reflecting the sun making TIR jump all around. I guess they could reflect the screen too and something in the G50 could be aggravating it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

@Lolsav..Yes the trackir 3 has 6 Dof. @ Colander..No I don't wear glasses..But prob should..Haha. I'm almost convinced there is something in the G50 cockpit that is the culprit. Was hoping someone else was encountering the same issue. I even turned off shadows to see if it helped but it didn't. Stumped on this one. It's especially irretating.. Because the G50 is one of my most favorite planes to fly..Heh

You haven't experienced anything like this Lolsav? I know u fly the G50 often as well..

Cheers
    Ribbs
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

No i havent. I asked about 6DOF because i had something in mind. You do know that you can raise your head inside the G50 cockpit? Maybe its way too sensitive or gets out of range when you do that, even if its unintended?

I have my trackir profile shared in downloads section, but since you are using a version 3 i dont know if it will work for you. Might worth to try that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Yeah I do know that..And I know the Profiles are in different formats. I think yours might work because I have tried Kushvipers or Karayas. People's tastes and setups are so different, that their profiles didn't work for me at all. But I never thought of putting one in just to see if I still have problems with the G50. I'll give it a go tonight..I'll be on later.

Cheers
    Ribbs
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    Did some research..And couldn't find anything on this problem I'm having. The problem could just be my settings, but it's odd. There seems to be something associated with the G50 cockpit that affects my trackir. I run a trackir3 with the trackir 5 software. I don't have any problems in any other cockpit other that the G50. It doesn't matter if I'm in a completely dark room or just dimly lit. I use the reflective buttons mounted to my headset. I have a hard time believing it's a setting though because I can fly all day without a glitch or hiccup in any other aircraft. Then I can climb in a G50..And my trackir will freak out ( at the worst possible times it seems) like it's losing track of my head or something is reflecting back at me From the screen) and casing it to glitch. Anyone else have this problem with the G50?

Cheers
    Ribbs

I'm getting this problem, Ribbs. Just in the 50, too. Especially when I look around.

I updated the driver about 3-4 weeks ago. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    Last edited by DRock; Feb-22-2017 at 21:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    I'm getting this problem, Ribbs. Just in the 50, too. Especially when I look around.

I updated the driver about 3-4 weeks ago. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    What driver are you running now? I had to go through so much just to get the 368.81 drivers to work.. I'm hesitant to update..But if it fixed the problem then I might give it a shot since I fly the G50 the most on the blue side.

And are you having to run land shading on low with the new drivers?

It sucks that you're having issues..But it makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one having this problem. Only in the G50

Also do you run the reflective tabs (Track clip) or do u run the Led's

Cheers
    Ribbs
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Feb-23-2017 at 09:23.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    What driver are you running now? I had to go through so much just to get the 368.81 drivers to work.. I'm hesitant to update..But if it fixed the problem then I might give it a shot since I fly the G50 the most on the blue side.

And are you having to run land shading on low with the new drivers?

It sucks that you're having issues..But it makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one having this problem. Only in the G50

Also do you run the reflective tabs (Track clip) or do u run the Led's

Cheers
    Ribbs
    Hi Ribbs.

Now that I think about it, I actually searched for the new TrackIR driver, because I was getting studders in game. I was hoping it would fix the problem, but it didn't.

I'm using the TrackIR Pro clip (led)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

The problem is similar to when sunlight comes through the window, blinding the TrackIR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Hmmmmm im starting to think other option, much more logical.

Considering that i have trackir Pro Clip and TrackIr V5 and i dont suffer from the same problems i am tempted to suggest something ... quite normal.

Here it goes: How often you boys look around in the G50, specially to 6 oclock? Im going to bet you will do it much more often than you do in a 109 or even a Spit. If so, are the edges of Trackir properly configured? Meaning: Do you have your trackir camera so centered it almost gives 2 twists around when you move your head? What about looking up? What happens to trackir?

In resume: I think its you guys configuration of your trackir profile + camera positioning.

What profile are you 2 using?