Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G50 cockpit and Trackir

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: G50 cockpit and Trackir

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    I think the problem is related to the open door.
    So its not a problem, its a feature to prevent G50 pilots of flying with open door (security reasons im sure).

Again i never had this problem with a perfect functioning trackir. But i dont fly with open doors also

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

So I flew last night... Seem to fly fine with out jumping around with the doors close. When I would open them up it would jump around..Even if I was flying erratic. So then I Jettisoned them completely off. Flew around and it didn't jump around either. Very wierd..Give that a shot DRock and see if the same happens for you.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    So I flew last night... Seem to fly fine with out jumping around with the doors close. When I would open them up it would jump around..Even if I was flying erratic. So then I Jettisoned them completely off. Flew around and it didn't jump around either. Very wierd..Give that a shot DRock and see if the same happens for you.
    Does this cause drag?

Good idea if it doesn't, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

I didn't notice any drag.. track Ir works great for me when the doors are jetisoned or closed. I'm sure what little protection they provided is lost. One bad thing is if you do Jettison them off, then you won't be able to rr.. if that was even possible in the G50 to begin with. If the slight jerkyness in the view is caused by the fluttering doors then it shouldn't be like that..And it should be in the bug tracker.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Nice detective work, guys! I've followed this with pleasure. Do you have the same symptoms with an open door on the ground and while taxiing? Or only while flying?

I am still not sure if that is a bug: Open door "room of free movement" is different from closed door "room of free movement" and if the game adjusts to that, it's not a bug. Other question, I've never flown a G50: The Spit has a distinctive "jerk" in the view when open/closing the canopy (the animation). Could that be the case, too, when the G50 door 'flutters' open/close?

Apart from that, the drag of an open/jettisoned door should be at least noticeable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

There were two issues.

1st Issue: Track IR Windows 10? related, wich got fixed by an Windows update according to DRock.

2nd Issue: Planes with open doors got more freedom, like every plane, if you close doors or hatch on any plane, view jerks around 1 time. This happens to all planes when you close the hatch/canopy/doors due to different freedom.
    Due to G.50 doors can jump around, clod calculates the open/closed doors even when they seem to be open.

My opinion on the 2nd issue is, it is a bug, view shouldn't jerk around if you close doors while being sitting straight and looking towards the center. It happens at any view when closing canopies = Bug
    2nd G.50 should have anyway a high freedom, since it's an open canopy on the top side where you can atleast lean your head out.
    3rd With a jettisoned G.50 canopy, it still has got the same freedom like with closed doors, when it should have atleast the freedom like open doors. This may be occuring to all planes, we might have to find out later.

Offtopic: G.50 Pilots hear sounds more quite with closed doors than with open doors. I should create a new ticket for it.

Theres many stuff causing drag, but also lots causing no drag and weierd stuff causing drag, like after a blennie dropped its bombs, its slower than before. It would require a complete look at all planes anyway.
    That little drag from open those small doors of an already open top canopy like G.50 wouldn't make much higher drag, maybe it's noticeable with few less kph at topspeed, but don't think it's an big issue to it.

Tibsun
    Last edited by Tibsun; Mar-20-2017 at 05:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

There are enormous amounts of drag generated by open doors and cockpits... that is why the more modern aircraft went to closed cockpits.

Something like the G-50's door hanging out in the airstream adds hugely to the drag and causes buffeting.

On an open cockpit aircraft like the G-50, the design of the windscreen and aircraft skin is intended to deflect air away from the cockpit and pilot... if you add an unplanned/unfaired object into the equation, you get all kinds of random buffeting and air currents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    There are enormous amounts of drag generated by open doors and cockpits... that is why the more modern aircraft went to closed cockpits.

Something like the G-50's door hanging out in the airstream adds hugely to the drag and causes buffeting.

On an open cockpit aircraft like the G-50, the design of the windscreen and aircraft skin is intended to deflect air away from the cockpit and pilot... if you add an unplanned/unfaired object into the equation, you get all kinds of random buffeting and air currents.
    Sorry I must be wrong, you got it right, theres lots of drag. Wind resistance gets quadroubled the higher the speed gets. I'm not able to think about how much turbulence and aircurrents affecting it.
    Last edited by Tibsun; Mar-20-2017 at 08:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

To me the jerkyness is happening in pretty much level to semi level flight or slow turns. I don't know how high the door has to flutter up to generate the jerkiness..But it doesn't seem like it takes much at all. I still seem to get it when the doors are closed as well. I just recently got a trackir5 with the pro clip.. I can confirm that with the doors completely jettisoned off I get no jerking in the Trackir whatsoever..No matter the situation.

Edit; Ok just flew the G50 and concentrated on making the trackir jump and its definitely the left door flopping up and down. It only has to close about half way before it make it Jerk around. Im sure they didnt fly around with them open so I guess maybe its not a big priority,but it is annoying. I do notice that in my profile my virtual head doesnt turn directly at a 90 deg angle when i move my head to the left and right. I kind of swivels left and back a little. This coupled with the fact that the head in the cockpit moves the opposite way of the induced roll to make the window flop, might put it out of the parameters of the allowed cockpit view. meaning the game is correcting the view..not the trackir. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Mar-20-2017 at 23:25.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12