Thread: New player

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

New player

Boozhoo, Luis Torres ndishnikaaz.
    Hello everyone my name is Luis Torres and im Anishinaabe from the Nagaajiwanaang reservation which is called Fond du Lac. I have spent most of my live being outside in the northern parts of Minnesota and enjoy camping and being out in nature more then anything in the world and have the biased opinion that Minnesota and the area around the great lakes is the best place on this planet =), after all this land is sacred. I have been united in marriage with my wife Anna for almost 2 years now and am currently a UPS driver. I enjoy playing pc games since age of empires. I am a fanatic of the Chinese game GO and have been playing the Native American Flute and the hand drum since I have been 9.

I have developed a strong desire to play flight sims since I have been exposed to War Thunder. A member of you'rs posted you welcome all and mentioned you don't mind having people come aboard and showing them the ropes. He also explained how your mod and IL2 is many times more enjoyable so id like to see for myself! I have purchased the ch fighterstick, ch pro throttle, and ch pro pedals already but the game seems to be very confusing and has a steep learning curve.

Giminadan gagiginonshiwan,
    baamaapii Luis T.
    Last edited by MiskoWaagosh; Feb-22-2017 at 22:47.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: New player

Welcome MiskoWaggosh

Have you seen Lewis's thread for Beginners?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=5058&p=52711

Recommend you read through that and see if it provides solutions to some of your problems.

That controller you have... does it have a rudder control? Do you either have a stick with a twist grip rudder control or rudder pedals?

You will find it tough to take off or land unless you have rudder control.

Have a look at the various videos on youtube re. learning to take off and land... they can be very helpful.

Cheers and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I will take a look at the guide, and yes I do have rudder control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Welcome aboard then! And prepare to have fun.

Along with Lewis welcoming post i would like to point you to the "Flight School" sub forum in here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...play.php?f=128

There you might find many answers about the diffrent planes. Remember this is a simulation, so the learning curve is step. But in time, with passion, you will get your first airborne, the first kill, so on, so on.

You seem to have the hardware covered, now its just a question of getting used to it and learn the ropes.

You are also welcome to join TeamSpeak and ask for some guidance. Most of the ATAG members will be glad to assist, but any other member of the community is usually quite helpfull. So, hop in, the water is fine

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Cool Re: New player

MiskoWaagosh

Just a quick hello and welcome, from someone who is really pleased he found this forum.

Great place to be for help and advice.

Best wishes,
    Mike.
    Last edited by Hurricane; Feb-23-2017 at 06:24. Reason: error

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MiskoWaagosh View Post
    Boozhoo, Luis Torres ndishnikaaz.
    Hello everyone my name is Luis Torres and im Anishinaabe from the Nagaajiwanaang reservation which is called Fond du Lac. I have spent most of my live being outside in the northern parts of Minnesota and enjoy camping and being out in nature more then anything in the world and have the biased opinion that Minnesota and the area around the great lakes is the best place on this planet =), after all this land is sacred. I have been united in marriage with my wife Anna for almost 2 years now and am currently a UPS driver. I enjoy playing pc games since age of empires. I am a fanatic of the Chinese game GO and have been playing the Native American Flute and the hand drum since I have been 9.

I have developed a strong desire to play flight sims since I have been exposed to War Thunder. A member of you'rs posted you welcome all and mentioned you don't mind having people come aboard and showing them the ropes. He also explained how your mod and IL2 is many times more enjoyable so id like to see for myself! I have purchased the ch fighterstick, ch pro throttle, and ch pro pedals already but the game seems to be very confusing and has a steep learning curve.

Giminadan gagiginonshiwan,
    baamaapii Luis T.
    Hello Luis and welcome to the ATAG Forum and servers. It's great to have you here. One of the fascinating facts about CLoD is that it brings like minded people together from all over the world and that fact alone is a reminder that we all have far more in common than we perhaps realise. CLoD and ATAG are unifying forces and to my mind that's great!
    I've never been to Minnesota but it must be a beautiful place. I live in England and like you enjoy the outdoors. My wife and I particularly enjoy long distance walks and we have completed most of the longest including The Pennine Way, The Coast to Coast, The Dales Way and The Great Glen Way. We find walking is a very natural way to travel. It gives you time to think.
    CLiffs of Dover is probably the best flight sim of its kind and I love it. It took nearly a year to get used to engine management and I am still working on the dog fighting but the steep learning curve is part of the attraction. Each little success brings it's own sense of satisfaction.
    I am in Fuerteventura at the moment but will be back flying next week. Everybody is very friendly on the ATAG server so go online...have fun.... And say hello. I hope to 'wing up' with you very soon. Salute.

7. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, farley liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    410.5 KB

Hello @ all here,
    My name is Mike and I`m from Germany.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
    Hello @ all here,
    Hi Mike, welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Aaniin Lewis. Yes I should have mentioned that I have have occulis rift and track ir so that part is taken care of. I have some time coming up here and plan on joining you all on TeamSpeak and chatting. I like to take a dive right in approach =).

11. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MiskoWaagosh View Post
    I like to take a dive right in approach =).
    That could well be the best way....especially as you already have experience...

Speak soon buddy...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Cool Re: New player

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
    Hello @ all here,
    Hi Mike, i am also Mike.

Welcome to the forum buddy.

Great place to be.

regards,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Love to read first posts like this...Thanks for sharing some of your history..

Spent a little time with some Navajo many years ago in Arizona in 2005 when travelling...Fascinating to talk to...and good folk...very welcoming...I also use to fly with a Cherokee in IL-2 1946 but have not seen him for many years and I forget his name...As far as I know you are the first 'native american' amongst our CLOD community and we welcome you...

As far as coming from War Thunder you will have a head start on many who join here...War Thunder is a great start and you will already have the feel for a WW2 flight sim...Skills like gunnery and speed management during dogfights are skills many of the fellas that come from War Thunder already have mastered...

If you do find the engine management side of this sim daunting then make sure to check out my Easy Allied CEM for New Players...This will allow you to forget about complex Engine management (CEM) and simply go looking for the fight...It is a conservative but competitive setup for allied fighters and I still use this setup today to this day...

Your hardware is top notch....although you did not mention any headtracking device...so make sure if you do invest in one that you have done your homework in these forums first and asked plenty of questions...A head tracker is not a necessity but it is excellent for immersion in this sim....

Welcome to the community and forums MiskoWaagosh ...~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...

TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little once you are on the server...You are quite welcome to just listen if you feel more comfortable with that....so you don't actually need a mic either...Try it and see!...

How to set up Teamspeak

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact Spotting Test

and....Don't forget to keep up with the latest on the TeamFusion new aircraft and patch news...You could well be AMAZED!

TeamFusion Facebook Updates

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Feb-23-2017 at 14:20.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB

If you need help don't esitate connect to TS.

Inviato dal mio Moto G (4) utilizzando Tapatalk