Thread: Hi

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    140.72 MB

Hi

Just joined,

Ive been playing flight sims a long time - Since a ZX81 (It was called flight simulator by Psion) I recieved my Glider Wings when I was a lad in the Air Training Corps in 1987 at RAF Newton. I'm mostly a offline kind of fella, but occasionally go online. I love Il2 Stalingrad, WoFF, and Il2 1946 (currently using BAT).

Thank you for having me!

Seb Toombs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Re: Hi

Welcome to the forum. I also use 1946 with BAT, but i don't like the graphics in the older sim.

cheers,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Hi there. We must be the same age. That was my first Simulator also I even posted a vídeo about it,

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SebToombs View Post
    Just joined,

Ive been playing flight sims a long time - Since a ZX81 (It was called flight simulator by Psion) I recieved my Glider Wings when I was a lad in the Air Training Corps in 1987 at RAF Newton. I'm mostly a offline kind of fella, but occasionally go online. I love Il2 Stalingrad, WoFF, and Il2 1946 (currently using BAT).

Thank you for having me!

Seb Toombs
    Hi Seb...and a big welcome to the ATAG forum and Servers. I flew most of the Il 2 sims for years and always single player and off line. I wouldn't have dreamed of going on line.....that was for kids, wasn't it?

Then I found CLoD and flew it single player for a year learning my stuff. One day I noticed that the 109's we're not really defending themselves against me. it was all getting a bit easy and predictable. At the same time I came across lots of amazing vids on You Tube showing CLoD in multiplayer and I began to realise that this was taking the experience to almost the ultimate level of realism...flying against real pilots.

Eventually, I took the plunge and went on line. I took off in a Spit 1a 100 from Lympne. I noticed that the server seems more realistic in detail and colour. Gear up...prop pitch back to 85%, RAD's fully open I stooged towards Dover. Two minutes later I was dangling from a brolly over Dover Harbour having been shot down by a 109! And I never saw him coming! But I was hooked!

Since then I've improved hugely but it's taken a long time and many, many challenges remain but that's the beauty of this sim. There is always more to learn and if you are fascinated by flight but can't afford a Spitfire...what's not to like?

My advice is down load Team Speak (it's free!) and get on line. Flying with other like minded people is the way to go to maximise the immersion and fun.......and you won't find a better or warmer welcome than here! Hope to meet you in the virtual skies very soon! Salute!

5. Likes TWC_Brett, ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome to the community and forums SebToombs ...~S~

and...GET ONLINE!!!

lol...

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...

TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little once you are on the server...You are quite welcome to just listen if you feel more comfortable with that....so you don't actually need a mic either...Try it and see!...

How to set up Teamspeak

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact Spotting Test

and....Don't forget to keep up with the latest on the TeamFusion new aircraft and patch news...You could well be AMAZED!

TeamFusion Facebook Updates

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Top class signature block there Lew.

I can see that it was done by a real artist.............if I don't wear my spectacles that is!

~S~
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA