Thread: Documents - Empty Aircraft Folders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Documents - Empty Aircraft Folders.

In my Documents folder where the CLOD game info is stored.

I have quite a few aircraft folders in the Paintschemes\Skins sub folders, that are all empty.

Could someone shed some light on their purpose please ?

Best wishes,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: Documents - Empty Aircraft Folders.

I believe (this is worth what is worth) the game will use the default skin if nothing inside is there. But if you wanted to add costumized skins those folders should be where they had to go to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Thanks very much, ATAG_Lolsav.

Makes sense buddy, are there any skins available for Cliffs aircraft do you know ?

Appreciate the reply thank you.

Best wishes,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Check the download section of the forum

5. Likes Hurricane liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Mike

You may also find that some subtypes (I think for instance the hurri 100NF and/ 100oct) might need to have their folders added manually to the paint schemes folder in "my documents" - its nothing fancy, you just need to look at the naming convention and follow suit in terms of where the _ is and especially watch the way you do the 100oct bit in terms of capitals and lower case.

I uploaded a load of "possible" Capt Farrell skins mainly for 109s (I can only say "possibly" to many because some jerk somewhere down the line had removed his credit but they do match exactly the ones that MysticPuma kindly made available (and I also uploaded) and could only have been done with the original Farrell template given how the weathering is integrated into the overall image)

If you look around the ATAG skinning forums you will also find a lot of links to Checkmysix (keefyboy) skins - these are fabulous and there are some lovely spit and hurri skins in there as well as wellingtons and ansons and all sorts or RAF kit - keefyboy has also made some great templates for many of the clod mainstays should you wish to dabble and UWE recently added links to some wireframes (used to help match up panels) made from "stuff" provided by Spiritus Mortem (I think)

Sadly many of the links that reference " misson for today" are now dead because the site has rationalised but they did package the skins in a single download if you look at their site.

There is another skinner whos work is sublime but his name escapes me - once ive fininshed typing this ill search him out and edit the post...

EDIT - The skinner is called SHADO - - and I also forgot DETCORD whos work is also very very good!

And finally - there is Major Setback - now obviously he's going to be a bit busy right now but, again, have a look around the forum as there are a few skins that he has updated to reflect the lighting in TF4 (Stukas, one of two spits and a 111 at least) - I believe a lot of the packaged mod skins are his work.

In downloads you'll also find a few of my own daubs as well as those by a few others (mainly using Keefyboy's template without crediting it)

And finally - there is Acred's asbiz website to ponder over as well as the aforementioned M4T.com archive.

Kind Regards

BOO
    Last edited by BOO; Mar-01-2017 at 14:05. Reason: old age - forgot names
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

7. Likes Hurricane, SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Cool Re: Documents - Empty Aircraft Folders.

Thank you Lolsav,

i should think before i type sorry buddy.

Nice Boosterdog, some excellent info thank you very much.

Why i asked about the folders was, i spotted Defiant, Sunderland, Walrus & Gladiator folders in the list amongst others.

Which i didn't think were included in CLOD ?

I really appreciate you taking the time to post all the info.

Plenty there for me to be getting on with, thanks buddy.

Best wishes,
    Mike.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

They are there just not flyable (Ie AI)

And watch out for skins done by Australians - I have it on good authority that all the crosses and roundels are upside down!!
    Last edited by BOO; Mar-01-2017 at 14:27.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

10. Likes ATAG_Lolsav, Hurricane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Talking Re: Documents - Empty Aircraft Folders.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post
    They are there just not flyable (Ie AI)

And watch out for skins done by Australians - I have it on good authority that all the crosses and roundels are upside down!!
    Oh i see, it would be beyond my pay grade to take off in a Sunderland anyway.

Hahahahahahahahaha, very good buddy.

Thanks again for all your help.

Best regards,
    Mike.