Thread: Creating In Game Windows

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Creating In Game Windows

I have been trying for quite a while to get my head around creating a new window to display in game info.

Read the instructions in the Wiki more than a few times.

But cannot get anything to show up in game apart from THTL

What i would like to do is replace the info in the standard sliders bottom left with a digital window and get rid of the sliders.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Best regards,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: Creating In Game Windows

You have read this...right?

Windows Management Guide
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Yes boss it is the same guide that is on the Wiki, which is where i read it Lew.

Best wishes,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

and still no good..?

I'll checkout what ATAG_Septic did on that thread....He included a piece of script that I can do too...If you are happy with the last pics in that tutorial then I can give you mine and all the windows will be in exactly the same place....Why I didn't do that when I wrote the tutorial I don't know...Give me a few hours on it dog, I'll try to figure it out......~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

No Lew all i get for engine info is the THTL (throttle).

Don't go doing unnecessary work buddy, it is more than likely me.

I will go in game and have another go.

Your reply and help, much appreciated.

Best regards,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Sometimes you go ingame and its only the throttle that registers...Once you hit the rads or prop pitch then all the others should render in that box for you...Try it..let me know..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Cool Re: Creating In Game Windows

Damn i thought i was going to do my first successful landing. Bunny hopped into the IOW terra firma

No i tried again Lew, still only THTL when flying, also accidentally deleted the window with the sliders info.

I told you boys it was a bad idea to encourage me to play this sim.

Off out in a bit, will take another look later buddy, thank you.

Best wishes,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

All working now Lew, read in the 71st Squadron Pilot Handbook pdf.

That you have to adjust the prop pitch, before all 4 settings show up.

So all is good in regards window creation.

Best regards,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Once you hit the rads or prop pitch then all the others should render in that box for you...
    Yep...that's what I said there Dog...haha

Let me know if you want the same window formation as I have and I'll post you the script to paste into your file...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Yep...that's what I said there Dog...haha

Let me know if you want the same window formation as I have and I'll post you the script to paste into your file...
    Oops sorry Lew memory like a bag of mushy peas.

I will stick with the one window for now thank you. I have enough to cope with now, flying, trying to find out where i am etc etc.

Need to move the chat window, because the TAB key + 4 etc info comes up in the same place and it is hard to read.

EDIT: Done that now, deleted old chat window and created new on right side of screen.

Thanks for all your help again buddy.

Best regards,
    Mike.
    Last edited by Hurricane; Mar-07-2017 at 07:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    Oops sorry Lew memory like a bag of mushy peas.

I will stick with the one window for now thank you. I have enough to cope with now, flying, trying to find out where i am etc etc.

Need to move the chat window, because the TAB key + 4 etc info comes up in the same place and it is hard to read.

EDIT: Done that now, deleted old chat window and created new on right side of screen.

Thanks for all your help again buddy.

Best regards,
    Mike.
    The best reason I have for two (or more) windows is the "Time Out" feature. I only want chat to appear for a certain time , while I want "landing gear extended" or "Flaps retracted" to show for a different period. This is, of course, all personal preference that having different windows will allow.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

12. Likes Hurricane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Yes makes sense Baffin, i do need more info.

Not sure what is possible though.

A window showing, flaps position, aileron and rudder trim would be good.

In the last 30 mins on the server. i discovered the joys of aileron trim and not having to keep pushing "nose down" all the time in level flight

It's all coming together slowly Baffin. I couldn't even taxi in a straight line just over 2 weeks ago.

Thanks very much for replying buddy.

Best wishes,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    Yes makes sense Baffin, i do need more info.

Not sure what is possible though.

A window showing, flaps position, aileron and rudder trim would be good.

In the last 30 mins on the server. i discovered the joys of aileron trim and not having to keep pushing "nose down" all the time in level flight

It's all coming together slowly Baffin. I couldn't even taxi in a straight line just over 2 weeks ago.

Thanks very much for replying buddy.

Best wishes,
    Mike.
    I do not advocate keeping text on the screen for continuous display of controls. It's much better to get used to looking in the cockpit for your gear, flaps, trim, etc. positions. The only reason I have a brief display of these controls is so that I know when and if the button press was received by the computer. With experience, you will develop a feel for gear and flaps, so that even these texts can be eliminated.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Talking Re: Creating In Game Windows

Yup but at the moment Baffin, i look down and when i look up i am either rolling over or spinning to earth, buddy.

Best regards,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

I have looked at that vid thank you Vlerkies

I deleted the default sliders for throttle etc, now i have a new window with digital read outs.

Also deleted Window Info1 and created a new one on the right of the screen.

As the TAB menu for commands was almost unreadable, over layed on it.

Cannot seem to be able to create a third window for flaps etc, buddy.

I think Lew said it needs a script.

Many thanks for the heads up in regards the vid tutorial.

Best wishes,
    Mike.