Thread: Team Fusion 3.0 install problem

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.57 MB

Team Fusion 3.0 install problem

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but I got a problem installing TF Patch v3.00.

Here's what I encounter;

1- After installing CLOD from steam (steam cloud uncehecked etc.), I ran the 3.00 installer with "Run As Admin".
    2- Although I directed the installer to the correct install folder, after 1 second it says I have to back up the conf.ini file in the My Documents folder etc.
    3- I look into My Documents and also into the 1C folder but there is no IL2 Clod - Mod folder.
    4- And when I ran Launcher with "Run as Admin" CLOD opens up without modding.

My OS Win7 is on C:, my steam folder is on E:, I also tried copying IL2 CLOD folder to a different Drive and folder and no joy. I re downloaded TF patches and tried again and no joy...

I'm at my wits end... What may be the problem???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: Team Fusion 3.0 install problem

install all the patches in order and then try to launch the game, a mod folder should be created by then.

Since your installation is new there is no need to backup a conf.ini

Make sure you follow the procedures as shown in the vídeo as shown in this thread: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=5058&p=52711

PS Welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Hi Cashman...

Try not to get too frustrated, you are not on your own...many folks have installation issues...Although usually patch 4....And we got a high success rate here getting folk patched up and flying...

The good thing is STEAM has a 'back to vanilla' option called 'verify integrity of game cache'...Provided you have all the patches backed up the whole process from start to full installation can take 15 to 20 minutes...So to get your game back to vanilla (pre-patch)...then...:

Verify integrity of game cache

Open STEAM and Go to....STEAM > LIBRARY > All Games > IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover (right click) > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Now follow the video in the 'Beginners Guide'...

Keep us informed if you still have problems...

...Lew...

Welcome to the Community and Forums cashman...~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve too...

Beginners Guide

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...

TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little once you are on the server...You are quite welcome to just listen if you feel more comfortable with that....so you don't actually need a mic either...Try it and see!

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums you might want to bag for future reference...

Most Watched CLOD Videos

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact spotting is massively important in any flight sim...Seeing that enemy before he sees you is a race you don't want to be second in...Check this link to see if you can tweak your rig any better...

Contact Spotting Test

Don't forget to keep up with the latest on the TeamFusion new aircraft and patch news...You could well be AMAZED!

TeamFusion Facebook Updates

A must read for all CLOD enthusiasts is the recent news that has the whole community buzzing very heavily...

TeamFusion News

And finally...Please take the time to have a read of some of the stories of military family adventures by a few of the members of this forum...and maybe share yours with us...~S~

A Tribute to Those Who Served

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...

===================================

Any UK members please let us know where abouts in the UK you are...Just for reference...Its always good to know just incase there happen to be folks who can help you or you can help locally...buy a joystick from or even just a chat in a pub with someone who is likeminded...

UK Based Player Location thread

Thanks...~S~
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Mar-12-2017 at 20:31.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by cashman View Post
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but I got a problem installing TF Patch v3.00.

Here's what I encounter;

1- After installing CLOD from steam (steam cloud uncehecked etc.), I ran the 3.00 installer with "Run As Admin".
    2- Although I directed the installer to the correct install folder, after 1 second it says I have to back up the conf.ini file in the My Documents folder etc.
    3- I look into My Documents and also into the 1C folder but there is no IL2 Clod - Mod folder.
    4- And when I ran Launcher with "Run as Admin" CLOD opens up without modding.

My OS Win7 is on C:, my steam folder is on E:, I also tried copying IL2 CLOD folder to a different Drive and folder and no joy. I re downloaded TF patches and tried again and no joy...

I'm at my wits end... What may be the problem???
    If there is no folder created in "my documents"folder you probably didn't fly a quick mission after install of Clod vanilla version.This folder is created after the first succesfully startup of a quick mission.But don't worry, just do what Lewis says, integrity check to get vanilla Clod back, read the beginners guide and give it an other try.

sent from my Cat S50
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.57 MB

Thanks Lolsav, Lewis & Stormrider... Very glad to have your support.

Actually I have watched the video and have read all the threads about the installing procedure and used them while I'm installing.

What I'm getting is (on a vanilla CLOD install btw); when I click the "install" button on the TF 3.0 mod installer, the process bar which shows the installation progress shows up only 1 or 2 miliseconds (not like the one shown on the video like a staedy install progress which takes up 7 second (between 1:52 - 1:59 on the video)) and then the "Success!!" screen shows up etc.etc...

And after that I launch CLOD with "Run as admin" option but eventually I found that CLOD is not modded by the installer.

I downloaded TF3.0 mod 3 times, uninstalled and installed CLOD 2 times, installed again and again on vanilla CLOD but everytime I got the same result.

That's whay I'm at my wits end...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

What i meant on my post is for you to keep putting the patches in, even if you dont launch the game. Just go in and install them all and in the last one, hopefully you will be able to launch. It worked for Windows 10 users, might work for you also. It wont hurt if it fails, because you would had downloaded them all by then if we need to take another route.

7. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I don't run the game at all between patches...I only run right at the end when they are all installed...JFYI - I have windows 10...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

It is most likely your anti-virus which is blocking the install.

You may need to shut it down to install.

Quote Originally Posted by cashman View Post
    Thanks Lolsav, Lewis & Stormrider... Very glad to have your support.

Actually I have watched the video and have read all the threads about the installing procedure and used them while I'm installing.

What I'm getting is (on a vanilla CLOD install btw); when I click the "install" button on the TF 3.0 mod installer, the process bar which shows the installation progress shows up only 1 or 2 miliseconds (not like the one shown on the video like a staedy install progress which takes up 7 second (between 1:52 - 1:59 on the video)) and then the "Success!!" screen shows up etc.etc...

And after that I launch CLOD with "Run as admin" option but eventually I found that CLOD is not modded by the installer.

I downloaded TF3.0 mod 3 times, uninstalled and installed CLOD 2 times, installed again and again on vanilla CLOD but everytime I got the same result.

That's whay I'm at my wits end...

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.57 MB

@Lolsav & @Lewis,

Thanks for the feedback. I can not install 3.01 because when I click install for 3.01 (after running the install routine for 3.00) it gives back an error report saying that I do not have the necessary patch in the CLOD folder which means the IL2-CLOD folder was not patched with 3.00. So there is no way for me to patch up to 4.312 since I'm unable to install 3.00...

@Buzzsaw, thanks for the tip. I did not think about the antivirus option. I tried it but no joy unfortunately. What I did was; shutting down AV(as you suggested), also gave antivirus, autoprotect and firewall exclusions to CLOD folder, Launcher.exe and also for the TF mod exe files and folders. (I use Norton btw)

Very strange issue for me actually...
    Last edited by cashman; Mar-14-2017 at 12:14.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Have you tried right clicking your CLOD main install folder and unchecking the "read only" property.

Choose Properties from the pop up window.

Might and i say might, stop the update patches writing to your install.

Best regards,
    Mike.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.57 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Have you tried right clicking your CLOD main install folder and unchecking the "read only" property.

Choose Properties from the pop up window.

Might and i say might, stop the update patches writing to your install.

Best regards,
    Mike.
    Thanks Hurricane for the support. Also tried that before with no positive results...

13. Likes Hurricane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Cashman i think you are waiting on a "Instalation Complete" message, but there isnt one. The patch 3.0, as long as i can remember, it doesnt have one.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.57 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Cashman i think you are waiting on a "Instalation Complete" message, but there isnt one. The patch 3.0, as long as i can remember, it doesnt have one.
    Lolsav thanks.

I'm not waiting for an "install complete" message as you suggested.

What's happening is,

1) I click install,

2) Then to the left of the window, another window opens and closes. This open/close thing takes just 1 or 2 miliseconds. Actually that's the window I see on the installation video which shows the installation progress.(The bar slowly filling with green) But while on the video it takes 7 seconds to fill (which you know mean modded files are copied to the relevant folders) mine only lasts 1-2 miliseconds.

3) After this open /close thing another window appears with the heading "Success" and in the window there is the standard message of the Team Fusion installer. Reminding me that I have to "...copy my config.ini folder to the ......Dover - MOD folder in the My Documents" etc. etc.

Actually that's the basic routine of the installer, my problem is that somehow files ar not patched on step 2.

Best regards...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Are you right clicking the install exe and running as administrator, cashman ?

Best regards,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Hop in over ATAG teamspeak, the time you post i am usually there and i try to walk you through. Password is calais

EDIT: This is my personnal backup of TF files. Just in case you have 3.0 bugged see if it Works better

https://meocloud.pt/home/Team%20Fusi...e-24931b6e4552

3.0 is the one that says "Mod Installer.zip"
    Last edited by ATAG_Lolsav; Mar-15-2017 at 23:07.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.57 MB

@ Hurricane, Lolsav, Buzzsaw, Lewis & Stormrider thanks for your support along the way.
    At last my problem is solved....
    But the solution was not done by installing.
    A friend from Steam called Maru uploaded the whole CLOD folder patched up to 4.312 and I downloaded it. Then replaced the existing CLOD folder with the downloaded one. Fired it up and everything seems in order now...

Now it's time to do some reading to tweak it up with what Lewis sent and set up my X56...

Best regards...