Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air combat training proposal

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Air combat training proposal

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    Hurricane you are more than welcome to fly on our wing. If you enjoy it, you can look to sign up or take what you learn from us and apply it elsewhere with another squadron. We and others often use our own TS when we are in large number to save clogging up ATAG's TS but we are also commonly found on there also, if not using it, then listening in to gain intel on situation reports.

We can teach you ACM for single flight, Section sized flight and Squadron sized flight and introduce you to the many ancilliary tools, the TWC and other Squadrons utilise in company with the game.

Many squadrons will do the same, both red and blue. Theres no pressure, either ingame or out. Its try before you buy without risk. For us, we aid the community in building its pilot base and every now and again, snaffle a new member into the bargain and for you, its a no risk, all gain situation where if nothing else, you have met a new group of online friends in game. Pop by the forum, twcclan.com and say hello in the general area. The boys will look out for you on TS and all you have to do is say hello and they will invite you into the wing. If I am on, Ill say G'day on text.

It is much easier to learn on TS and obviously assists with the passage of info and help. We will encourage you to use it. But its not mandatory. You'll know when it is, with 4 109's on your 6 and your fingers skittering across the keyboard in the dark typing ...

You: "HJLp 32 109sa on my tt!!!"

Us: "Where are you?"

You: "calighte hhak"

Will look out for you. We are currently training a couple of new guys right now and have a dedicated training server to assist in that process, so you wont be alone.

Offer extends to any new pilot out there. Drop us a line, let us know your interested in assistance and like the ATAG boys or many of the others on both sides of the pond, the TWC will accept you into the temporary ranks until you know what it is you want to do.

Thanks Boo
    TWC is a great squad and one of my top picks for an RAF squad, if anyone is looking to fly the 109, JG51 is in the business of training new pilots so don't be shy.

JG51_BlackC5 CO
    JG51_BlackC5

2. Likes Hurricane, SIA_Sp00k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blackc5 View Post
    Perfesser, I fully understand the not wanting to take a test part, but it is even less fun for a new pilot to try to line up for a takeoff with others and ground-loop on Takeoff taking out 3 other pilots, while the rest of the flight has to circle waiting for everyone to get in the air, or to takeoff and try to catch up the the flight, or try to find anything if he is separated from the flight.

this is a realistic Sim game and a certain amount of basic skills is best practiced in 1 on 1 setting before being thrown into the mix.

JG51_BlackC5 CO
    And that is exactly what I'm offering. 1 on 1 advice/training on just about any aspect of CloD short of Axis specific planes. (Other folks are much better choices if you want the finer points of only Axis planes)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

I think what I should do is get my first post edited to show all meaningful of everyone who has either offered to help train or generally buddy up with new players. Either that or start it as a new thread... I'm not sure what would be best, really.

Again, many thanks to all of you that have offered your services. In the next few days I'll drop some PMs to everyone who has offered their services to correlate offers of training with time zones.

Perfesser, you may not have had any takers yet, but the important thing is that your willingness to tutor is known should somebody need or wish for some help, whether that be tomorrow, next week, next month...

Spook, I 'd be interested in taking up the TWC offer myself. Although I tend to favour flying blue I do enjoy the occasional sortie in a Spit. Who knows? I might get to like it so much that you persuade me to change my allegiance!
    Last edited by Pans; Mar-20-2017 at 19:45.

5. Likes SIA_Sp00k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

More than welcome to try the other side of the pond on our wing mate.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Hi Sp00k,

i would like to give it a go thank you. On the condition that if i am totally useless or being a pain, you guys tell me.

Mike.
    I think you will see a big difference over a little time in everything - flying along with a little "crew" formally or informally will let you pick up lots of tips without even realising. For example - just follow Sp00k's line for landing......then do ANYTHING but that

Good opportunities for 1 to 1s too when you get more comfortable with "da Boyz" - and I cant think of one you wouldn't instantly feel comfortable with. FATAL can be cranky if you don't listen but you really have to go some way up the idiot path to get anything other than encouragement from him (so listen) but, trust me, he has a heart bigger than the state he lives in and wears it on his sleeve (and he has to put up with Sp00k). Sure he wont mind me saying that.

I hope you settle well into TWC - I think you will

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

8. Likes Hurricane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Talking Re: Air combat training proposal

Hi Booster, only seems like the other day i was careering down the runway on my left wing.

Now i can take off pretty much every time, although it can still be a bit side to side.

Still cannot get the hang of landing, did one with Marlow guiding me down and all the rest have been epic fails, hahahahahahahahaha.

Surprised i am still here actually, i tend to give up on things a lot sooner if i am no good at it (gaming i mean).

All the best,
    Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Surprised i am still here actually, i tend to give up on things a lot sooner if i am no good at it (gaming i mean).

All the best,
    Mike.

As per my tag line...my favorite quote from my favorite actor!
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hi Booster, only seems like the other day i was careering down the runway on my left wing.

Now i can take off pretty much every time, although it can still be a bit side to side.

Still cannot get the hang of landing, did one with Marlow guiding me down and all the rest have been epic fails, hahahahahahahahaha.

All the best,
    Mike.
    That's because this sim is so special and the people in the community are even more special.

Stick with it Hurricane and you will have the landings sorted!

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

12. Likes Hurricane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Kendy, that's exactly what i do, avoid failure at all costs. (who is your fave actor)

Vampire, you got that right buddy 120%

Best wishes,
    Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Still cannot get the hang of landing
    Keep plugging away! Take offs will improve as you get better at judging your rudder inputs. Although you've not said how you struggle on landing, I can almost guarantee that your glide slope is too steep. When I next see you on the server I'd be more than happy to fly some circuits with you

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Red face Re: Air combat training proposal

Hi Panser, very kind of you buddy.

Usually i am slow enough and low enough on approach, prop pitch 100, flaps down, undercart down, speed about 90mph.

But usually think i am higher than i really am, so i slam into the deck instead of gliding across the top of it.

One thing i do find hard is when going around to line up, always find i am way off the runway end.

Then i try to tighten up on the turn next go and usually plough the wing into the ground.

So you see Panser, you wouldn't want to be me, hehehehehehee.

Best regards,
    Mike.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Kendy, that's exactly what i do, avoid failure at all costs. (who is your fave actor)

Vampire, you got that right buddy 120%

Best wishes,
    Mike.
    Why, Alf, of course.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

You will have to give me more than "Alf" buddy.

Best regards,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

OK so I was a little longer getting back to this than a couple of days "cough"

Here's an "at a glance" list of who can offer what to help teach new or inexperienced players on Cliffs of Dover.
    If I have made any errors or omissions that you feel need to be rectified, please don't hesitate to PM the appropriate details.

The same goes for any additional members or squadrons wanting to be included on this list, but please bear in mind that this is not a squadron directory but only a list of those individuals or groups that are explicitly willing to offer training and assistance to new pilots.

Allied training:
    Forum name Time zone Specialty
    ATAG_Pattle AU/NZ Unspecified
    TWC_Sp00k AU/NZ Spitfire, Hurricane
    ATAG_Marlow UK/EU Unspecified
    TWC_Pans UK/EU Spitfire, Hurricane
    Perfesser CA(East) Unspecified

Allied squadrons offering training:
    The Wrecking Crew, AU/NZ, UK/EU, US/CA http://twcclan.com

Axis training
    Forum name Time zone Specialty
    ATAG_Invictus Unspecified Bf 109
    TWC_Pans UK/EU Bf 109 basic operation
    Blackc5 US/CA Bf 109

Axis squadrons offering training:
    JG51 "Molders", Mostly US/CA, http://www.jg51molders.com/Newforum/index.php
    Last edited by Pans; May-08-2017 at 19:08.

19. Likes SIA_Sp00k, BOO, DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

My timezone is US/ET. During the week I'm usually pretty busy but can usually fly after 9PM my time. I also have Fridays off so I can and do get on during the day on Fridays and Saturdays.
    Vae Victis!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." - Sun Tzu

Come watch the fun!

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

I'm up to do some training, UTC +3, weekends, most likely time frame between 12 and 18 pm my time (before the prime time, so to speak)
    Basic flight up to advanced combat.
    Hurricanes, Spitfires, 109s only.

Some caveats though:
    Be warned I do have a very specific flight style (survival comes first, kills come second), so if it is down on the deck constant action you are looking for some of my advice will not apply. Also, I suck at theory and don't actually know that many by the book maneuvers by name, that might (or might not) cause some issues.
    My experience is 85% 109s so if you want to know your Red plane really in depth, like REALLY in depth - I won't be able to help you there.

PM me and we'll set smth up.
    Last edited by 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox; May-10-2017 at 18:56. Reason: Orthography

22. Likes 9./JG52_Meyer, BOO, 9./JG52 Sturm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

You will have to give me more than "Alf" buddy.

Best regards,
    Mike.
    Alf the furry alien mate. Probably retired as a bathrobe now.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    Alf the furry alien mate. Probably retired as a bathrobe now.
    ...from the planet Melmak. Likes to snack on cats.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.55 MB

Hey everyone! I know this thread is quite old, but just wanted to say that I love this idea as I am incredibly new here and don't have a lot of experience with flight sims. I have gotten on the TS server flying for the RAF a few times and while everyone has been very patient with me, I feel bad asking stupid questions. I am trying to do my own research as much as I can, but with so much to learn I would love to fly someone's wing in a private TS channel where I'm not hogging up time on the radio. So... that's a long way to say, is there any time set aside for training noobs during the month?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Creep View Post
    Hey everyone! I know this thread is quite old, but just wanted to say that I love this idea as I am incredibly new here and don't have a lot of experience with flight sims. I have gotten on the TS server flying for the RAF a few times and while everyone has been very patient with me, I feel bad asking stupid questions. I am trying to do my own research as much as I can, but with so much to learn I would love to fly someone's wing in a private TS channel where I'm not hogging up time on the radio. So... that's a long way to say, is there any time set aside for training noobs during the month?
    You are taking EXACTLY the right approach. Doing your own research really shows in the questions that you do ask so its very likely that you are not actually ever going to be in danger of asking "stupid questions" - no such thing anyhow.

There are a good number of players on the Red team, flying all hours, who will happily spend time privately with you even without a formal arrangement - just ask. Better still if you have something specific in mind so that it may be a 20 min commitment for both parties. THat said I'm sure someone here will be along to offer. If you want to do something UK evening time with a second rate instructor- PM me

This server (and Clodders in general) have (IMHO) a mature and solid sense of duty to new players (caveat - who want to learn). They understand the importance of new players to the genre and value them. So don't look at yourself as some noob pestering - we don't and you are not. You are a future asset. You're as important to the future of Clod as TFS.

S!

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./jg52 kettarian_fox View Post
    i'm up to do some training, utc +3, weekends, most likely time frame between 12 and 18 pm my time (before the prime time, so to speak)
    basic flight up to advanced combat.
    Hurricanes, spitfires, 109s only.

Some caveats though:
    Be warned i do have a very specific flight style (survival comes first, kills come second), so if it is down on the deck constant action you are looking for some of my advice will not apply. Also, i suck at theory and don't actually know that many by the book maneuvers by name, that might (or might not) cause some issues.
    My experience is 85% 109s so if you want to know your red plane really in depth, like really in depth - i won't be able to help you there.

Pm me and we'll set smth up.
    this is a bloody good offer folks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Hi Creep and welcome,
    As Boo has said there are quite a number of pilots who will be more than happy to give u some 1 on 1 time. ATAG RAF flyers or the TWC guys are all very approachable if u see them on. I fly both red and blue but if u see me on jump into whatever TS channel I'm in and say hi.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

I will likely be up for tomorrow in the timeframe from original post, PM me if you want a go at it.

30. Likes 9./JG52_Meyer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.55 MB

Big thanks to everyone that responded and offered to help me out! I flew on Boosterdog's wing for awhile today, learned a lot, and had fun in the process.

32. Likes 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12