Thread: Assistance Required Please

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    322.12 MB

Assistance Required Please

I should like to start some flying to practice basic handling and ccts and bumps offline, first in a Tiger Moth and secondly in a Hurricane, Rotol, 100 Octane. Can a forum member tell me how to start the game and appear on a non operational airfield where I can have my own private disasters prior to attempting to fly online?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Assistance Required Please

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
    I should like to start some flying to practice basic handling and ccts and bumps offline, first in a Tiger Moth and secondly in a Hurricane, Rotol, 100 Octane. Can a forum member tell me how to start the game and appear on a non operational airfield where I can have my own private disasters prior to attempting to fly online?
    The game already includes missions which will allow you to do what you are asking.

The "Training" section has a whole series of missions for the Tiger Moth.

And in 'Quick Missions', you can select "Cross Country", which will allow you to take off in any type of aircraft you choose.

3. Likes ATAG_Deacon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

I just add you have to make sure you have realism settings enabled, ie, complex engine management, overheat, etc. Under those just tick off the "cant switch" board and the antrophormofic control (no use in the game)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    The game already includes missions which will allow you to do what you are asking.
    The "Training" section has a whole series of missions for the Tiger Moth.
    Just as a heads up, when I tried it the in-game training was a bit broken... the AI seemed unable to pathfind correctly while taxiing on the perimeter track. YMMV of course.

If you want to try it online you could just fly from London on the ATAG bomber server or from any airfield on the TWC training server.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.45 MB

Assistance Required Please

I wouldn't spend much time in the Moth. It's kinda of pointless! I would jump in the Hurricane and just go for it. It has a fairly steep learning curve but you'll learn faster from screwing up. Just don't get frustrated and keep at it. It's a sim, full immersion is the fastest way you'll learn and the planes are free! You can also get on team speak and ask questions. With the correct help you'll be up and flying in no time! Another option is to create a mission with the built in mission builder and place a plane where ever you want, takeoff and fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Campbell; Mar-17-2017 at 11:08.
    Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5 CPU @ 3.4 GHz; 16.0GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; CH HOTAS + Pedals; Track IR5

7. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Enter the game using single player>quick mission>Cross-Country. Double click on the default airplane (Probably a Blenheim) to display all airplanes in the game. Double click the airplane of your choice>Fly>Fly again, THEN IMMEDIATELY press the ESCAPE key.

Click on OPTIONS>CONTROLS>KEYS>AIRCRAFT. Scroll down the list about 10% to [Full Wheel Brakes], and assign the key of your choice. (There's no toe brakes in RAF Fighters) Then scroll down the list 80-90% and find [Signal Ground Crew to Insert or Remove Chocks]. Assign the key of your choice.

After you return to the cockpit using APPLY>BACK>FLY, make sure the plane is stopped, then insert the wheel chocks. Next, apply and release the wheel brakes to release a secret parking brake that the CLoD program has set in all of these "Quick" missions. From now on, whether on line or offline, you may then use the [Signal Ground Crew to Insert or Remove Chocks] key as a parking brake. The "Parking Brake" event in the controls menu, for reasons unknown, does not work in our simulator. The chocks do.

Now you have the plane under control and you may jump back and forth to the controls menu to set things up the way you like them. I recommend you begin with [Axes] to make sure the houses get smaller when you pull back, etc.

Set the realism up how ever you like it, but be aware that the ATAG online server will be full realism regardless of your settings.

Basic Hurricane Course: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=22735
    Last edited by Baffin; Mar-17-2017 at 16:48.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

9. Likes Hurricane, pilgrim, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    I wouldn't spend much time in the Moth. It's kinda of pointless! .

Great little stunt plane though !

kinda...

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

A good place to start would be the ATAG bomber campaign server. The realism settings are the same as the main server (full real) and, although you might see someone else on flying blue, for the most part you can practice taking off / landing / flying in general / navigation on your own without the attention of the enemy.

The advantage of flying online is that if you are having trouble with a particular aspect of CLoD, (for example when I first started I just couldn't understand why I was crashing every time I attempted to take off in a Hurricane), then you can wing up with someone who can watch you and tell you where you are going wrong. In the example I gave, it turns out that I was trying to climb too steeply after take off and stalling out.

I often still use the Bomber campaign server myself, or Lead Farm for practice

Hope this helps, Laser

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

12. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Pilgrim...great to see you are still battling away learning the sim and making progress. Keep at it.....we've all found it's really worth it. I wanted to say.......I am more than happy to team up with you one day and have a fly together in the plane of your choice. We can stooge around....do circuits and bumps......discuss problems to your hearts content. I am semi retired and have the time, so it really is no problem. Just let me know when and where and I'll try and be there.
    As Laser suggests I would go for the bomber server at first.

I am away from Sunday, March 19th to Sunday, March 26th but from the Monday on I'll be 'up there.' Do feel free to drop me a post or private message and we can sort something out...but absolutely no pressure. By then you'll probably be an Ace, anyway! Ha ha!

Salute and Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.45 MB

I highly recommend winging up with ATAG_Marlow. Join in on team speak. Once you have the basic of flying, there is still many small details that you may not be aware of. Prime example; I was online yesterday and every time I climbed through 12,000 my engine would blow. I had no idea why? A quick question on team speak and presto, I learned that the particular plane I was flying didn't operate the way I thought it did. Lesson learned! I'm still new to the sim myself and these guys have been very welcoming and easy to work with. Don't hesitate to take them up on any invitations.

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5 CPU @ 3.4 GHz; 16.0GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; CH HOTAS + Pedals; Track IR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

I second that for Mr. Marlow. He is patient and gets a lot out of helping others.

We all have our skill sets to offer, Marlow's is most certainly helping others.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    322.12 MB

Today I managed after hours of trying over the past two days to program and bind my Logitech Pro joystick to CLod! Very pleased to find that I could fly through coloured training circles in the sky with a reasonable amount of control in the Tiger.

Next challenge is to bind my EdTracker to Clod. When that has been done I should like to join up with Marlow for some online instruction.

Trying to understand the 'training' function in Clod. I have repeated the very first segment of training several times but when I attempt to move onto the student Take Off segment I hear all that the instructor has to say but we just do not move forward onto the runway so that the instructor can hand back control to me to take off. Is that because one has to repeat the very first segment again and again to build up a certain total time on that exercise before Clod allows one to proceed to a dual take off.

Many thanks to all forum members who have assisted me so far.