Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Duxford 2017....The Jolly Boys Outing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Re: Duxford 2017....The Jolly Boys Outing!!

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knight View Post
    Finally managed to pull these pics from the hundreds taken at Duxford .

Attachment 29258 Attachment 29259

So much has been said already but it really was a rather special day. Certainly try to make it next year .
    Thanks for sharing these Knight.

A memorable day for sure. Hope we can all make it back next year, (Might be difficult for Nork to come over two years in a row though)

2. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Just curious, if it cost that much for food, how much did it cost to use the loo Lew?
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

4. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

'Jolly Boys' de-brief

So...Got to the campsite at midday Friday...Met Vamps at the gate...Looksharp had got their early in his new black Porsche (has to have a mention...nice car)...Setup and fellas were arriving in dribs and drabs...and Triumph Spitfires...(has to have a mention...another nice car)...

Marlow and Highseas arrived in Seas Spit..spectacular...Marlow, Vamps, Seas, Sharpy, Monkeynut, BOO, Franky, Valisk and me...So we all sat around in a circle on camp chairs while Sharpy heated up the curry (thanks to Sharpy for taking over there as I was bushed)...Then...a lone figure appeared in the field entrance...dressed in grey carrying a backpack...the conversation stopped and we all watched as the figure drew closer...Someone said 'That's Nork' and it was...Man, we were blewn away...all the way from Oz and from our perspective looked like he had walked it all the way too...Highlight of the weekend, no competition!...After Nork had settled in a chair and we had calmed down from his arrival we relaxed for some chat...He had just slipped into the group like he had been part of us for years...Its really great that world is getting smaller...

Seas spent most of the time laughing with his really huge tankard!

Then as Nork and I were chatting he says 'I got you something'... and he gets a little paper bag out from his bag that he has brought all the way from Oz...When I open it it is apparently clear that it was a bottle opener made of a kangaroos testicles...Hahaha...I was cracked up for 20 minutes...First time I ever got a pressie at a 'Jolly Boys meet' and what an excellent one too...I felt very honoured and also very pleased with my testicles...Thanks Nork...lol...It cracked Mrs Lewis up too when I showed her them at home...although I have to say it did give me a bit of a chill watching her hold my testicles in her hand laughing...So for those of you wondering what they look like...Here's a photo of my testicles...

The endless 'would you like to see my testicles?' gags I will have with that in the future I all owe to Nork...Best gag of the weekend...Thanks buddy...~S~

So we ate curry...drank...talked CLOD...and planes for the afternoon...Looksharp had found it hilarious that Highseas had to emergency book his car into a Cambridge garage as his number plate had been growing since he arrived...

At about 7ish we started getting ready to go to the Eagle...

2 cabs later and we were at the pub...where we met MysticPuma...we drank and were merry...and sometimes were serious!

Then at midnight we waddled off to the expensive kebab hut for supper...where we all stewed over the expensive prices for 45 minutes...just before we enjoyed our 2 minute kebabs!

Cabs back to the campsite and for once we had an early night for the airshow the next day...

The airshow was great as usual...although one P51 down with out a canopy...Moose found us but we couldn't get in touch with Nork as the mobile (cell phone) number wasn't working...Later Vamps, Marlow and I wandered off on our own for a sortie...Outside of the US hangar a chap walks up to me and says 'Are you Lewis?'...It was Larry and he knew that we sometimes gather at the US hangar...Great that he looked and found us...Another top chap from a different country making the effort to find some like minded folk...We chatted and took some pics...Larry...~S~

We eventually found Laser and family and smiles all round to see him excited to have us join him...and then Knight found us...We were turning into a big group on the grass...

I went for a lone wolf sortie on my own and bumped into Nork...Haha...We found him!...So I dragged him back to the gang and he was united with Moose who had been especially keen to see him...

So...We had said our goodbyes to Nork and wished him well on his holiday...Cheerio'd to Laser ,Knight and Moosey...and headed back to the campsite for a takeaway curry, beers and chat...and a relax after such an exciting event...

Thanks to all the fellas that attended and camped with us...We got some quality time with many folks in the flesh....and a BIG thanks to Nork for not only making it all the way from OZ but for making the event extra special this year for us with his presence...It will take some beating!

And eventually...a big Cuban cigar to anyone who can mention their testicles more in any single post!!
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Jul-10-2017 at 17:39.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Excellent post Lew!

Thanks for sharing the fun and the photos.

Fantastic to hear that so many made it and a good time was had by all.

How is anyone going to top a kangaroo testicle bottle opener? That is a great one.....
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

These posts 'n pics are absolutely FANTASTIC!

It's great being able to put names to faces. What a good looking crew. I can just imagine the stories that got passed around, and I'm sure they got better with each ale consumed. Thanks for sharing this weekend with the rest of us, gents. I'm adding this adventure to my bucket list.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Thanks for the post and extra testicles, I mean pics Lewis.

Great to know that our Aussie Ambassador Sir Nork made such a great testicular impression.

It is also great to sea that our wallets over here have bottle opener extensions

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    90.2 KB

Yay I have internet again!
    Just to say what a fantastic journey. So great to catch up with all u lads. What a hoot. Much beer and sunburn and great airborne displays. Thanks Lew, your chicken stew is the best. Promise to post some more pics when I get back.

Regards

69th_Nork

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Yay I have internet again!
    Just to say what a fantastic journey. So great to catch up with all u lads. What a hoot. Much beer and sunburn and great airborne displays. Thanks Lew, your chicken stew is the best. Promise to post some more pics when I get back.

Regards

69th_Nork
    Enjoy the rest of your Tour mate !

'Seas

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

So glad you made it to our little get together Nork...Really great!

Have a great holiday...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

12. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Laser, Nork liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Pleasure to meet up with you Nork. Always good to have our friends from 'Oz' visit and have an enjoyable time.

Have a super holiday and a safe return to Australia.

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

14. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Laser, ATAG_Knight, Nork liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

We are doing it again next year though right?

right guys!?

guys?

hey.. hey... Nork?

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

16. Likes Nork, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    90.2 KB

Well Seas, l sure would like to. But it may take a few years to recharge the travel fund.
    What an awesome event tho. It was a first for me to see those old warbirds given a good workout.
    When we first arrived, I thought some of the older aircraft were just on static display but all of them flew!
    Amazing.
    Great to catch up with all you lads too.
    Nork, signing off before the internet drops out again. : )

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789