Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Fusion Simulations Update - In-game footage of the Gladiator MK.II

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Team Fusion Simulations Update - In-game footage of the Gladiator MK.II

Well now the news that we have signed the deal has gone public, get ready for the all-in-one patch to go live!

Initially our patches from v3.00 to v4.312 will be made into a single download patch and available via Steam. This should be available in the next few-days and do away with the need to download multiple patches. Just head to Steam and download the single patch (although if you already have our patches installed there is no-need as it's the same version).

One thing you will need to do is to go into 'Beta' downloads on in Steam as this is what the official v4.312 patch is listed under. Here's a picture to show how to do it. Make sure to select the teamfusionmod:

THE UPDATE IS NOT LIVE YET!

How to install the beta via Steam.jpg

Now that we're moving forward at a much faster pace, here's a short video showing just one of the many aircraft we intend to bring to the Simulator this-year.

The research that went into modelling the Gladiator MK.II cockpit has spanned hundreds of hours from gathering the smallest details (like writing on fuse-boxes) to how the canopy and handles operate. Please note this is a Work in Progress but close to ready

I took the aircraft for a ride and had a look around the cockpit, also some external shots showing the exhaust flames matching throttle control and finally a little dogfighting, which, you'll see that if you are an enemy against me, you are quite safe in the skies! I couldn't hit a barn door with a baseball at 2-feet

Anyway, here's the video, hope you like it, cheers, Mysticpuma/Team Fusion Simulations

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook for more news and updates:

https://www.facebook.com/teamfusionmod
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Mar-25-2017 at 19:54.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Re: Team Fusion Simulations Update - In-game footage of the Gladiator MK.II

Things just keep on getting better!!!

Really enjoyed the video, thanks for taking the time and sharing MP.

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

3. Likes ATAG_Deacon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Fantastic stuff. You shoot better than I do MP

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.13 GB

You guys are just bloody amazing!
    Thank you so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Awesome work! All the people that worked on it did a fantastic job! Loved the video thanks for sharing it! That thing is going to be a handful in a turn fight..With anyone that dares to try. Haha Great stuff TFS!
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

I'm curious on what version are we getting, and what armorment? I see versions with one 12.7/ and a 7.2. I also see a version with 2 12.7s. and a version with bomb racks that can carry 2 50 or 100lb bombs. If you believe wicky. That's what I'm going off of.

So don't kill me if it's not correct..Haha the video sounded like 303's
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Mar-24-2017 at 13:59.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Amazing, outstanding, superb!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Absolutely love it !!!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    173.64 MB

[QUOTE=Mysticpuma;260362]Well now the news that we have signed the deal has gone public, get ready for the all-in-one patch to go live!

Initially our patches from v3.00 to v4.312 will be made into a single download patch and available via Steam. This should be available in the next few-days and do away with the need to download multiple patches. Just head to Steam and download the single patch (although if you already have our patches installed there is no-need as it's the same version).

One thing you will need to do is turn 'Beta' downloads on in Steam as that is what the official v4.312 patch is listed under. Here's a picture to show how to do it:

Attachment 27289

Now that we're moving forward at a much faster pace, here's a short video showing just one of the many aircraft we intend to bring to the Simulator this-year.

The research that went into modelling the Gladiator MK.II cockpit has spanned hundreds of hours from gathering the smallest details (like writing on fuse-boxes) to how the canopy and handles operate. Please note this is a Work in Progress but close to ready

Boy did I goof. I just updated steam, COD was running just fine. I read this post and decided to go to Steam Library and get ready for the upcoming updates, and a down load started so I just let go. I now cannot launch COD in any way, my old short cut, in folder icon or any other way. When I go to task manager it shows that the launcher is working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

OMG, totally amazing. I am always a sucker for something different.

Great work guys.

Best regards,
    Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@Taxman: As the new TF beta patch is not released yet you probably installed the old (non TF) beta patch from end of last year. This one did not work with the TF patches and afaik only produced problems.

I would assume that you have to reinstall the TF patches separately the good old way. Or you trust in MP's "next few days"-statement and wait until TF beta patch is released.
    If you have not done so already, better copy all the config-files in your Mod-folder. To assure that you can recover your settings in case something goes wrong with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

In the light of taxman's (understandable) mistake:

Would there be someone now with the power and ability to remove this catastrophic last years non-TFS 'update' from steam?
    Just to avoid that other people do the same mistake.

Otherwise:
    Wonderful update! I already fell in love with the Gladiator

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB

Good to see the first step out. Now looking forward for dx11 patch.
    S!

Inviato dal mio Moto G (4) utilizzando Tapatalk

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    173.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DUI View Post
    @Taxman: As the new TF beta patch is not released yet you probably installed the old (non TF) beta patch from end of last year. This one did not work with the TF patches and afaik only produced problems.

I would assume that you have to reinstall the TF patches separately the good old way. Or you trust in MP's "next few days"-statement and wait until TF beta patch is released.
    If you have not done so already, better copy all the config-files in your Mod-folder. To assure that you can recover your settings in case something goes wrong with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    In the light of taxman's (understandable) mistake:

Would there be someone now with the power and ability to remove this catastrophic last years non-TFS 'update' from steam?
    Just to avoid that other people do the same mistake.

Otherwise:
    Wonderful update! I already fell in love with the Gladiator
    Thanks guys, I will wait for MP's "next few days" TF beta patch release, even though I do have all the patch's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Thanks for sharing this update with us MP.

Gotta say I can't wait to try out the Gladiator after seeing this, it looks awesome

Thank you to all at TFS for your hard work, and attention to detail to continually improve this great sim for us all, and the official signing of the agreement is great news too.

Onwards and upwards

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

17. Likes Hurricane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello Fellas

Please understand, the Gladiator will not be available in the soon to be released 'Beta' patch... that is just TF 4.312, the same as it is now.

After TF 4.312, we will release TF 4.5... which will replace it. TF 4.5 will be updated to DX11 and will have a few extras, including some new flyables and improvements. (not the Gladiator)

After that, we will release TF 5.0... which will include the Gladiator and Fiat CR-42 among other new flyables.

Thanks
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Mar-24-2017 at 16:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    109.82 MB

Very nice footage, MP, and very good work, TF!. Thumbs up! And don't worry about your shooting skills, MP, many of us wouldn't hit the rainbow, if we tried....

One question about the cockpit: what a weird position the tachometer has, there on the right side of the panel, and so tilted, isn't?

Sorry for my English, not my native language.

BR
    FAE_Cazador
    "E etan, e epitan"

www.escuadrilla-fae.com

20. Likes Hurricane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

It's accurate though

Regarding updating CloD. Just wait a few days at most, v4.312 will arrive and kill off the last patch that caused issues
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Hello Fellas

Please understand, the Gladiator will not be available in the soon to be released 'Beta' patch... that is just TF 4.312, the same as it is now.

After TF 4.312, we will release TF 4.5... which will replace it. TF 4.5 will be updated to DX11 and will have a few extras, including some new flyables and improvements. (not the Gladiator)

After that, we will release TF 5.0... which will include the Gladiator and Fiat CR-42 among other new flyables.

Thanks
    Understood Buzz,

I had actually assumed that we would have to wait until patch 5.0 for the Gladiator, but it's good to know that we will be getting some interim extra's in patch 4.5.

Would you be able to say if patch 4.5 will be released soon?, not that I am being impatient or anything, these things take as long as they take, and I really appreciate all the hard work that TFS have done, and continue to do for us.

You guys rock

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

23. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    173.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    It's accurate though

Regarding updating CloD. Just wait a few days at most, v4.312 will arrive and kill off the last patch that caused issues
    Great, thanks for the confirmation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Laser View Post
    Would you be able to say if patch 4.5 will be released soon?
    We are hoping to release TF 4.5 in a number of months... not soon.

We have not yet received the Source Code... the transfer is still in process.

Once we get it, everyone must understand it will need some time for our coders to look at it and familiarize themselves... it is a very complex piece of software.

Then all of our current mods... which are work arounds and less than optimal have to be written to the SC properly.

We then have to enable DX11, we have to add a number of other elements... not simple.

We have to be systematic about this, not rush or botch the job... we are now expected to provide a professional level product.

So it will be some time.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Blah blah fishpaste.

Leave the gin, stop chasing the old ladies in their zimmers round the bowling green, and in about '2 weeks' I reckon it's done and dusted.

No problems here, moving along

EDIT: re-reading, Bugger, hope that was seen as all a bit of tongue in cheek. Just having a laugh, not at TF's expense, just he old il2 2 week thing.
    Last edited by Vlerkies; Mar-24-2017 at 19:32.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Thanks MP and Buzz and TFS. Of all the new 'stuff' coming i think im most excited by the Gladiator so thanks for the video. Its pretty much the end of the develomental line of British fighters that started with the Sopwith Pup in WW1 and it will be interesting to see how well people can fly it against the monoplane fighters it came up against. Looking fwd to the challenge and Looking fwd to a nice 3 Sqn RAAF skin in the future hopefully.

Thanks again.

Ezzie

28. Likes ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Nice but, as an old mechanic, seeing yellow flame makes me cringe. I want to pry the pilot's hands off and get the bird into the shop before it's too late. Basically, blue is good and yellow is bad--with lots of permutations in between as an engine "catches up" to a new power setting (Air Ministry Air Diagram 2490 of Jan 43 depicts the basics nicely). I mention it because it shows up on several sims these days. Yellow must have a cool factor.

Oh, the other slice in the sandwich: love the work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by buster_dee View Post
    Nice but, as an old mechanic, seeing yellow flame makes me cringe. I want to pry the pilot's hands off and get the bird into the shop before it's too late. Basically, blue is good and yellow is bad--with lots of permutations in between as an engine "catches up" to a new power setting (Air Ministry Air Diagram 2490 of Jan 43 depicts the basics nicely). I mention it because it shows up on several sims these days. Yellow must have a cool factor.

Oh, the other slice in the sandwich: love the work.
    The yellow in fact is a indicator the engine is not running correctly.... you will notice when the throttle is backed off it appears... when the engine is running at normal throttle and at normal rpms and boost, you will see blue flame... when the engine is running too hot at too high rpms, the flame will start to go red or yellow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Ezzie View Post
    Thanks MP and Buzz and TFS. Of all the new 'stuff' coming i think im most excited by the Gladiator so thanks for the video. Its pretty much the end of the develomental line of British fighters that started with the Sopwith Pup in WW1 and it will be interesting to see how well people can fly it against the monoplane fighters it came up against. Looking fwd to the challenge and Looking fwd to a nice 3 Sqn RAAF skin in the future hopefully.

Thanks again.

Ezzie
    Actually if the mission setup is done correctly, the Gladiator will never be matched up against modern German types.

In the Desert and Greece, where the Glads saw most of their service, they were matched against Fiat CR-42's and a few Fiat G-50's. By the time the 109E's arrived in the Desert, the British had converted their front line aircraft to Hurricanes.

On Malta, where actually despite the legends, very few Glads saw service, (total of 7 planes) they were matched against Fiat CR-42's, Macchi C-200's and at the very end of their service as front line combat aircraft, against Bf-110's.

So the main opposition for the Glads with be Fiat CR-42's... which I believe will be a good one... and a lot of fun.

On the other hand, the Fiat CR-42 saw service against Hurricanes, P-40's, Martlet's and Sea Hurricanes on Carriers, even Spits.... as it was used as a Fighter-bomber by the Italians right up to 1942. After that, it was primarily used as a Nightfighter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Ezzie View Post

Thanks again.

Ezzie
    RELUCTANT SALE:

1 Messershmitt BF110 - One carefull owner. Only flown at weekends and never below 17,000 feet. Full service history. Hardly any bullet holes....

S!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Did you have to change anything on the exterior model of the Gladiator or was the quality of the original developers on such a high level to just keep it as was?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post
    RELUCTANT SALE:

1 Messershmitt BF110 - One carefull owner. Only flown at weekends and never below 17,000 feet. Full service history. Hardly any bullet holes....

S!
    Ha ha - very nice Dave.

I might have to drop the price a bit as i cant remove all the blood stains in the rear seat though.

Ezzie

35. Likes ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Actually if the mission setup is done correctly, the Gladiator will never be matched up against modern German types.

In the Desert and Greece, where the Glads saw most of their service, they were matched against Fiat CR-42's and a few Fiat G-50's. By the time the 109E's arrived in the Desert, the British had converted their front line aircraft to Hurricanes.

On Malta, where actually despite the legends, very few Glads saw service, (total of 7 planes) they were matched against Fiat CR-42's, Macchi C-200's and at the very end of their service as front line combat aircraft, against Bf-110's.

So the main opposition for the Glads with be Fiat CR-42's... which I believe will be a good one... and a lot of fun.

On the other hand, the Fiat CR-42 saw service against Hurricanes, P-40's, Martlet's and Sea Hurricanes on Carriers, even Spits.... as it was used as a Fighter-bomber by the Italians right up to 1942. After that, it was primarily used as a Nightfighter.

Thanks Buzz.

You raise a good point about mission balance. I wonder how a 1940 western desert map mission (ie before the Luftwaffe turned up) would be received by the community when there would be no Spits and 109s to fly?

Do you think most would enjoy flying something other than a 109/spit or would they prefer to not fly at all if they arent available?

I'd like to think players would welcome the chance to fly something new but i know when i made London Ruft a fair chunk of people found it too different and stopped playing when it came on in the rotation. So its hard to know what people like sometimes. I guess we'll find out if we do make one.

Ezzie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast