Thread: Diving with Sea Lions

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Diving with Sea Lions

Sea Lions are very common aquatic creatures on the coast of British Columbia.

Divers enjoy interacting with them, although perhaps most don't get as close as this.

Note: Sea Lions are not attacking the divers when they open their mouths and feel things... divers were not hurt and clothing was not punctured.

Sea Lions are like dogs and explore things primarily with their mouths. Divers reported it felt like 'nibbling'.

Basically the same as if one was playing with a lot of very large exuberant puppies.

Also check out the following video of them feeding Wolf Eels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Diving with Sea Lions

That was amazing footage!

Do Great Whites make an appearance?

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I got close to this on our Galapagos and Peru holiday...We managed to snorkel with Sea lions in the Galapagos but there wasn't as many as these and we were told not to go near the ones with calves as they could be aggressive...The juveniles would play a kind 'we'll come and look at you but if you look at us we'll swim away' game...They were playful and you could touch them but they would dart away as soon as managed to...Great experience...

The finches that were there were quite amazing...They come and land at your table and eat out of your hand..no fear...only if you moved suddenly would they fly but come back very soon...They had evolved with no predators so the instinct to flit wasn't there...Same reason there are so many ground nesting birds there too...One pregnant hedgehog or rat could kill the whole ground bird colony!...It happened at other islands...The ground nesters would just waddle past you like you were a bush or something...They didn't give you the time of day...Totally ignored you..

AND HEY...what you doing looking at vids of sealions?....You ain't got time for that...GET BACK TO WORK!!...Hehe...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Mar-26-2017 at 23:43.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

4. Likes Nork liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    AND HEY...what you doing looking at vids of sealions?....You ain't got time for that...GET BACK TO WORK!!...Hehe...
    Just got the contract signed.... Just got the first release out... Just got the foundations of the team in place corporately... six months of bureaucratic slogging...

I go back to play the game in celebration, and get shot down 3 times in a row right off the bat because I am so out of practice...

And now Lewis is telling me I can't even have a laugh at some stupid sea lions...

Just kiddin'...

6. Likes ATAG_Lewis, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Just got the contract signed.... Just got the first release out... Just got the foundations of the team in place corporately... six months of bureaucratic slogging...

I go back to play the game in celebration, and get shot down 3 times in a row right off the bat because I am so out of practice...

You should join the 69th sometime on a Blenny run, great fun and not much practice needed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    And now Lewis is telling me I can't even have a laugh at some stupid sea lions...

Just kiddin'...
    Buzz...The amount you have done for the community I think you're entitled to go live with the sealions if you want!

Hehe...I could see some much needed light relief...but seriously...Don't work too hard...We're here for the long haul buddy...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

9. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post