Thread: Hi there ;o) a question about key binding the open/close radiators....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Hi there ;o) a question about key binding the open/close radiators....

Hi there ;o)

Well I've put a fair bit of time getting the game up and running as I suspect you all have but the first time I get on a practice server my radiator(s) don't seem to work and I don't seem to be able to bind keys to toggle radiator/oil radiator.....I have for the fuel and the brakes for example and in game I get a notification on screen but nothing for either radiator?

I have tried several different keys to make sure though there are some ready made like 'R' toggle and 5+6 on/off but nothing....any ideas....I had a good google for it and got something about manually changing the confuser file but I have saved my controls as per save so they are seperate and having looked at the confuser.ini (so aptly named for me atm) and 'R' is there for the water Rad and 5+6???....

...can't remember the oil rad but eh it's there and I don't know enough to say if the code is written incorrectly ie not recognized but it seems that your campaigns would be really short if everytime your engines would blow up after 5 mins so really it can't be that....any ideas....I have had a good look online....maybe there's a lot of sad people out there who could never get their radiators working and could never get up in the sky who no-one really knows about....

I mean it's in the script so why isn't it recognized....I know there are a few config files and a lot of radiator options but only one to toggle and only two for on/off but no cigar....

I think it must be a bug of some kind....hope it's not cholera....

Thanks in advance

Capa

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Hi there ;o) a question about key binding the open/close radiators....

Hello CapaUno

Welcome to the world of CLIFFS OF DOVER.

My first suggestion: Did you read the Beginner's Guide?

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=5058&p=52711

Most of the answers regarding how to get up and running well are there.

The issue with your Radiators is not a bug... it is quite easy to assign them to either a button, axis or a key on your keyboard.

Don't try to do this manually in the confUser file, do it within the game.

1) Start the game
    2) Click on Options
    3) Click on Controls
    4) If you are going to use an axes for the radiators, (ie. you are going to use something like the throttle control) then select the 'axes' tab on the upper right, click in the right column opposite 'Radiator', and move the axes you want to control the radiator... the game will register it.
    5) If you are going to use buttons for the Radiator, select the 'Keys' tab in the left upper right, then in 'Category' select 'Aircraft', and scroll down till you come to 'Open Radiator' and 'Close Radiator'. Click in the column to the right of the command and then press the button you want to use to either open or close the radiator.

Remember, 'Radiator' refers to either the control which opens the shutters to the water and/or glycol radiator, ie. to the liquid cooling system... or alternatively, it could refer to the metal shutters which open to allow air to circulate in an air cooled engine.

Don't forget the 'Oil Radiator' which refers to the oil cooling radiator, in some planes, (like the 109) you have to set this manually... in some others, (like the Merlin engined types) it is automatic. If you don't have this open in a manual type, then your engine will overheat.

Hope this has been helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Is for Single Player or Multiplayer?

For Single Player you need tick "Engine Temperature Effects" in Options > Realism to be able to control radiators, besides the "Complex Engine Management".

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/images/air_500a_011.jpg

For Multiplayer this depends on server difficult settings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Certainly not a bug, because it is working perfectly for hundreds of players.
    Maybe it is just a very simple thing.
    If you chose a key for a function, it is not enough to just click it, but down on the right side of the screen there is another button 'Apply' (or something like that). You also have to click on this, otherwise your changes are ignored.

The easiest thing to sort problems out is to get teamspeak and find someone to talk you through the set up step by step.
    There will be lots of guys willing to help you if you ask.