Thread: GTX 1060 3 gig problem?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

GTX 1060 3 gig problem?

Ok ..So here's the deal. I have been running this card for atleast a couple of months on the 386.81 drivers and windows 7. When I first started using it I noticed in nvidia inspector, that usage during game was at 98-99%. My CPU and motherboard are older models. ASUS M4A79XTD EVO motherboard..And an AMD 550 black edition 2 core ..Unleashed to a 4 core. 3.1 MHz. ( Bottleneck I know). I feel something has changed with the card now..It says I'm only using 60-65% of my gpu( as before 98-99%) it seems like it's not using maximum performance anymore. My frames feel like they are down and seems like there is more studdering. My temps , with the fan running 100% are around 58 deg C. That's not bad. I've done all the direct x redist and Repairing my .NET. o normally run VSync on , but my frame rates only Hoover 35-45 on the server. Seems like I should be getting better than that. Occasionally they will shoot up 50-60..But not often. My question is what do I need to look for to see if my graphics card is performing..Is it GPU usage? Is it GPU power? I'm alittle confused and hope my card isn't jacked. Would a driver uninstall reinstall help? I had a hell of a time getting my card to recognize the 386.81 drivers to begin with. Don't want to do that again if I don't have to.
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Apr-20-2017 at 14:10.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

2. Likes No.119_Viper (VK-S) liked this post