Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Operation Dynamo?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Operation Dynamo?

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    It's historical and enhances the vicarious thrill of participating in the Dunkerque operation. The transit time alone is a significant RAF constraint.
    I'm pretty sure the distance from Hawkinge or Ramsgate to Calais is similar to that of Tramecourt to Calais. We bring slower aircraft a very similar distance so don't tell us about time to target flights.....puhleez

And BUZZSAW, I know about the inadequacies of the Messerschmidt auto pitch controllers in the Bf109 variants. And for those not knowing or understanding it there was a problem with the hydraulic controlled unit being slow to respond. This is why the German aircraft all had a manual (electrically controlled) prop pitch adjuster as well as the automated (hydraulically controlled). Team fusion actually modeled this correctly, although I'm not really sure where they placed the over-ride switch, which I though was installed where the early model adjustment toggles were placed. The hand switch for the manual adjustment was placed on the throttle handle, where it is in the game. The automated was turned on after the aircraft were at altitude and "cruising". Once in combat the controller was extremely slow to respond to back pressure applied to the propeller screw.

>S<

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    143.16 MB

Actually, "Iron Dome" is a great idea. Nobody flies blue (the short matchstick owners may be an exception), and the problem solved.

Or, we can put the planes to the mission as mentioned as in historical ratio and type/model. I think we can handle the "P9374" also.

Or, we can reduce occurrence of the mission with an equitable and more agreeable way.

Or, we can encourage people to build up their own fun, fantasy even fetish server.

Or, we do nothing...

... try to enjoy from a beautiful spring we are in...

this is something...

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper, BOO liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.0 KB

I'm with Baffin on Oye. Make it tougher please.

I groan and winge at guys in Teamspeak when they go to bomb it first. Blue guys know this they've heard me go ohhh noooo don't take it out first. Take it last or it wrecks the fun. It will be all Spits and they take forever to get here.

I think this thread has turned out to be productive. Thanks everyone for contributing to the discussion.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    143.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER View Post

I think this thread has turned out to be productive. Thanks everyone for contributing to the discussion.
    Thank you for your moderation.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Just to let you know:

E-4's with auto prop pitch control were not introduced till late September and October of 1940... they were not present during the main part of the BoB. Even when introduced, it was in very small numbers. Most E-4's at the time of the BoB... including E-4N's did not have auto prop pitch control. And the Auto pitch versions of the E-4 ran poorly... the engineering was seriously bugged, in the game auto pitch is slightly worse than manual, but in reality, it was MUCH worse.

The large scale use of the E-4 with auto pitch is actually not historical... we include it because many new players are unable to fly with only manual control.
    Wrong on all accounts. So much so that its basically fantasy.

Automatic propeller pitch control was already introduced by December 1939, that is, before the E-4 production. As was pilot armor BTW.

Thing is, the E-1 and E-3 were produced since late 1938 and the first models did not have the automatic propeller pitch system, nor armor. These were introduced only in late 1939 to later batches, and probably a number were retrofitted later on, while some remained with the early manual system.

Armor seems to be retrofitted to all earlier models. As a matter of fact, the ONLY difference between the E-1, E-3 and E-4 is the weapons they mount into the same Emil airframe, since AFAIK the Emil wing was a "universal" one. It could mount either the MG FF or MG 17s, though naturally the later batches like the E-4 would already include the latest "update" packs that were introduced into service in the meantime from the time of their production.
    Last edited by VO101_Kurfurst; Jul-11-2017 at 18:05.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

"So much so that its basically fantasy."

Let's please keep it civil.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

8. Likes PanTast liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.13 MB

Alright so I've been skimming through this thread a little bit so if anyone's suggested this already then I apologize for the redundancy.

What if we had the ability to vote for maps for the server?

I feel like that would help a little bit with the rotation so when there's a map that a lot of people just aren't feeling in the mood for, some people can vote either in-game or on the site. I dunno if this would work with how the game is working currently (i'm definitely no tech wizard of any sort) but if this could be something in the long run people could think about bringing in that would be pretty nice and I'm sure a lot less people would complain.

Plus for the map vote they could always bring in the option of voting for a random map if no one really knows what to vote for exactly and there could be a voting timer/cool-down. for instance, you can only vote for a different map if the game has been running for like 30 minutes or an hour and maybe has to have a certain amount of people on or off the server or other team etc.

I apologize again if this wasn't a great explanation, but thank you for reading my large wall of text.

- JG51_FreshGiant

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I think voting for maps is a no go for a number of reasons. Imagine you are 45 mins into your bombing mission on a light server when 7 gung ho fighter jocks decide they want a map that puts the action on their doorstep because they get bored flying (in a flight sim)?

Or a situation where a large group of likeminded players will always gather to pick the same map that suits them regardless of other players?

Then there is the procrastination. You could spend an hour on chat deciding what to do and persuading or canvassing other players. Meanwhile all those who are flying longer missions will be unsure what to do. An what if the next map isn't what people want. As a largely bomber player I could sit there for hours waiting for people to pick the ultimate airquake map.

There is also the question of "slapping the face" of the mission builder. These things are not easy to create. If they were more people would do them. The more people decry maps the less incentive there is to work on more. There is a VERY small core of mission builders currently active. All of who have many other things in game and in RL to do too I guess. .

Finally - I think more people here just get on and enjoy what they are given (sometimes we might ask for small changes). Its a minority who don't. I think the OP was more aggrieved with the fact that the random rotation was throwing up one mission during his playtime too much...not the map itself.

S!

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123