Thread: DCS World: First kill flying BlueFlag in the Flanker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

DCS World: First kill flying BlueFlag in the Flanker

I think I'm finally figuring out all this radar and missile stuff! Wooowho!!!

Now if I could only just stop dying so much....I'd be set!

Vae Victis!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." - Sun Tzu

Come watch the fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Re: DCS World: First kill flying BlueFlag in the Flanker

Nicely done! DCS's jet combat, especially on the BlueFlag server, has really grown on me. I cannot however get used to the Russian radar on the MiG29 and Su27/33, it is too much "hit & miss" and will have contacts disappear at odd angles even at distances where you can spot the aircraft's dot. Same goes for the EO system which is hugely influenced by ambient conditions and target aspect. For that reason I've been limiting my flying on the red side on BlueFlag mostly to the Mirage2000C which is a little hotrod and immense fun to fly even with a few limitations regarding the number of missiles it can carry and their range. If you need help with learning how to fly and fight in the Mirage, you know where to find me!

3. Likes invictus84, 7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Agreed. BlueFlag also limits the Su-27 missile load-out choices, which further hampers its effectiveness.

Flying online in the Mirage and taking the MiG-15 out on one of the Korea servers are next on my To Do list. I'm in the process of reconfiguring my control setup for the Mirage and plan to start taking it out sometime late this week.
    Vae Victis!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." - Sun Tzu

Come watch the fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    Nicely done! DCS's jet combat, especially on the BlueFlag server, has really grown on me. I cannot however get used to the Russian radar on the MiG29 and Su27/33, it is too much "hit & miss" and will have contacts disappear at odd angles even at distances where you can spot the aircraft's dot. Same goes for the EO system which is hugely influenced by ambient conditions and target aspect. For that reason I've been limiting my flying on the red side on BlueFlag mostly to the Mirage2000C which is a little hotrod and immense fun to fly even with a few limitations regarding the number of missiles it can carry and their range. If you need help with learning how to fly and fight in the Mirage, you know where to find me!
    In the F15. And F16. We could set the radar seeking high mid and low... Als distance was set. So when we flew in a flight one did high one low and one middle surging.. We first send the AG fighters for destroying the AA missile instalations... So we can fly over the airia relatife save... Mebe you already know it but the sidewinder takes nearby targets and the 120 the far ones... Firing in to the sun or hot ground airias are not done...
    Greets. Peete

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D6603 met Tapatalk