Thread: Terrain rendering issue with GTX1070 (Win7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Terrain rendering issue with GTX1070 (Win7)

Hello there, Gentlemen.

Today I picked up my brand spankin' new GTX1070, replacing the good old 780 and have been doing first, short test runs in various sims. My system is Win7 x64, while new 381.89 drivers replaced trusty 368.81. Running the CloD on pretty much stock NV cpl settings for now (+ adaptive V-Sync, high performance mode and highest quality texture filtering), I noticed the gfx glitch as seen on the attachment below. The plane and all objects (buildings, grass, trees etc., as seen in the background) is being rendered on the invisible plane, levitating a couple of meters above terrain texture layer itself (with water and all shadows).

Before I start tedious task of shuffling various gfx settings and loading the game over and over again to check the effect, I'd like to ask, has anyone experienced similar symptoms before? Especially GTX10xx users still on Win7? I suppose it might be the old, infamous case of all post-368.81 drivers causing various CloD issues with 10xx cards and Win7/8 systems (not a problem for me to revert back to 368.81 IF this is the case), but I prefer to ask more experienced players, 'cause this is the first new gen card I've been using.

Cheers

Art
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Re: Terrain rendering issue with GTX1070 (Win7)

Try 378.78 and set 'land shading' to low in the in-game graphics advanced settings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Tried the "low" shading with current driver - texture levels go back to correct vertical position indeed, but looks like this setting drops the texture detail as well, which is unacceptable. I've spent 3/4 of my monthly salary on the card to bump the detail up rather than crank it down .

Will test some alternative driver settings and if it doesn't help, revert back to older version, though still don't know which one.

Edit - some time later - uh, trying out various settings didn't seem to help, so DDU-ed the new drivers and got back to 368.81. Result in CloD - problem solved immediately.
    Last edited by Art-J; Apr-26-2017 at 13:39.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

I'm having this problem too. although, I just picked up the GTX1060.

It keeps telling me that 368.81 is not compatible with my hardware, and won't let me install.

Last edited by DRock; Apr-27-2017 at 19:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Wonder how many graphics cards TFS needs to buy in order to test every GPU/driver combination.
    No wonder some game titles cost millions to produce!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    143.16 MB

I just tested on my old tracks, didn't see any anomaly or problem.

Win7x64, 381.89, 1080.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    I'm having this problem too. although, I just picked up the GTX1060.

It keeps telling me that 368.81 is not compatible with my hardware, and won't let me install.

Search around the forum. I recall three days ago I stumbled upon a thread somewhere here, about exactly the same problem - 1060 vs 368.81, apparently this combo would work OK after manually adding the info about 1060 to driver's ini file. Don't remember the details, though, as it was different issue than mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Art-J View Post
    Search around the forum. I recall three days ago I stumbled upon a thread somewhere here, about exactly the same problem - 1060 vs 368.81, apparently this combo would work OK after manually adding the info about 1060 to driver's ini file. Don't remember the details, though, as it was different issue than mine.
    Thanks for the help, Guys.

Freya's idea worked. 378.78 with ground shading on low.

Cheers