Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First TF-Mod and Desastersoft

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

First TF-Mod and Desastersoft

Hi Guys

I would like to report from a german Community-Member that in order to use the Desastersoft-Add-ons, All Desastersoft-Folders have to be copied into the Mod-Folder.
    With that, The Add-ons should work properly.

Have Fun!

Edit: This is probably the wrong section, sorry!

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Re: First TF-Mod and Desastersoft

Quote Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
    Hi Guys

I would like to report from a german Community-Member that in order to use the Desastersoft-Add-ons, All Desastersoft-Folders have to be copied into the Mod-Folder.
    With that, The Add-ons should work properly.

Have Fun!

Edit: This is probably the wrong section, sorry!
    Useful info for those using the Add-on, , thanks Continu0.

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

...Sorry wrong thread.....
    Last edited by Skoshi_Tiger; Mar-18-2013 at 09:42.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

so i have to reinstall them and point the mod folder..
    is that correct

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Try to just copy them with ctrl +c, ctrl + v first....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yes, just copy the files from the "Mission"-folder of IL2 CloD to the same folder of IL2 CloD MOD. It`s working, I tried it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Great info, thank you!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    773.02 MB

Tried this out, and the campaign started just fine, but when I finished the mission, my kills and mission status wasn't saved. I was continuing from the second mission in the Galland campaign, and after mission completion it did let me go on to the next mission, but nothing was recorded (2 kills, and mission accomplished). Is it possible that it's still saving to the original folder? Not sure which file is the one campaign progress is saved in.

*Edit* Okay, so I tried copying the Desastersoft Campaign folder back over to the Mod folder, and sure enough my progress was recorded in the original file, but now, unfortunalely, it reverted me back to the same mission. My kills, awards, etc from completing the mission are recorded, but it thinks I'm still on the 2nd mission of the campaign.
    Last edited by Brizzly; Mar-18-2013 at 14:54.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Personally I think the best way is to copy everything over from your My documents folder to the MOD my documents folder. This way you bring everything you have from the STOCK install to your MOD install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    773.02 MB

That's what I'm talking about. All file movements were in the My Documents folder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
    Tried this out, and the campaign started just fine, but when I finished the mission, my kills and mission status wasn't saved. I was continuing from the second mission in the Galland campaign, and after mission completion it did let me go on to the next mission, but nothing was recorded (2 kills, and mission accomplished). Is it possible that it's still saving to the original folder? Not sure which file is the one campaign progress is saved in.

*Edit* Okay, so I tried copying the Desastersoft Campaign folder back over to the Mod folder, and sure enough my progress was recorded in the original file, but now, unfortunately, it reverted me back to the same mission. My kills, awards, etc from completing the mission are recorded, but it thinks I'm still on the 2nd mission of the campaign.
    Without owning the original Desastersoft Campaigns, it's hard to tell. I think it sounds feasible that the campaign can be loaded, but when finished it saves it back to the original install folder. So the next time you launch the modded version, it loads the file inside the modded folder, which hasn't recorded your results?

The only thing I can suggest at the moment is waiting for some of the owners of the campaigns who know which file is altered and seeing if that works by copying it over?

Secondly, you could try completing a mission in the campaign (after launching it in the modded game) and then after quitting, copy the contents of your (C:\Users\your username here\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission) folder into your mod install as-well? The Campaigns are stored in that folder, so if there have been any changes to your campaign saved to the original folder, by copying them into your modded version, this may let you progress?

I say again though, I do not have the campaigns from Desastersoft, but I would expect the information of your progress to be stored in that folder?

I'll wait for experts to come along and help you out, that's just my thoughts on it though. Hope it helps, cheers, MP

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

thanks guys

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Thanks, copied it over, will try it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

thanks for the advice,but I have a question or two:
    Before this mod patch my desastersoft campaigns ( I have both Wick vs Dundas & Galland campaigns)installed into Steam /steamapps/common/il-2 sturmovik CloD/desastersoft...at least that's where they appear to be now.What I am trying to figure out is where to put these campaigns so that they will work? From what I see here I can copy them & then drop them in the 1csoftclub/ Il-2 sturmovik Clod-mods/mission ( or missions) folder & they should work..is this correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    773.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Without owning the original Desastersoft Campaigns, it's hard to tell. I think it sounds feasible that the campaign can be loaded, but when finished it saves it back to the original install folder. So the next time you launch the modded version, it loads the file inside the modded folder, which hasn't recorded your results?

The only thing I can suggest at the moment is waiting for some of the owners of the campaigns who know which file is altered and seeing if that works by copying it over?

Secondly, you could try completing a mission in the campaign (after launching it in the modded game) and then after quitting, copy the contents of your (C:\Users\your username here\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission) folder into your mod install as-well? The Campaigns are stored in that folder, so if there have been any changes to your campaign saved to the original folder, by copying them into your modded version, this may let you progress?

I say again though, I do not have the campaigns from Desastersoft, but I would expect the information of your progress to be stored in that folder?

I'll wait for experts to come along and help you out, that's just my thoughts on it though. Hope it helps, cheers, MP

That's exactly the logic I was thinking, but the file that records your pilot's achievments, and the file that records what mission you're on in the campaign seems to be different. When I copied the files from the original "C:\Users\your username here\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission" folder to the MOD one after completing the mission, my achievments showed up, but it reverted to the same mission that I was on before modding. The funny thing is, although the MOD version didn't show my new statistics before I tried copying, it actually progressed to the next mission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    443.81 MB

All 3 Desastersoft addons do not work proper with the patch. Actually I cannot proceed throug the campaigns because the missions are counted as lost and the campaign is over.

I was farting around with this problem and I come to this conclusion:

The interface where the game communicates with the Desastersoft Addon is the cache folder. The Files responsible for the pilot stats are located in ..\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\desastersoft.
    After each mission 2 files from the main folder are triggering the debriefing by pointing to the folder above.
    Because the Mod changed the root of this folder the cache is empty => No stats => mission lost even if you were winning. Caution: The mission-won-screen is no indicator for winning/loosing a mission. I had this happen too: You won the mission but Refly or Quit.

The Pointers to the folders are hardcoded in the desastersoft files. So copiing the files around is no solution.

I have no idea what to do. As offline player this realy throws me into a depression. I licked blood with the TF patch and i want more but i want to play my campaigns too.
    Last edited by DennydD; Mar-19-2013 at 11:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    773.02 MB

Hopefully someone over at Desastersoft likes the patch...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    443.81 MB

Quote Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
    Hopefully someone over at Desastersoft likes the patch...
    I just got an answer from Desastersoft and they will NOT change their Software to run with the patch. Therefor my only hope is that TF can help here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Can you use a symbolic link or junction to point from the original Desastersoft cache location to the MOD cache location (or vice versa)? That way the original "hardcoded" pointer in the campaign stays the same but it pushes the info to the new location as well. Both the original and the new both see access.

If I had the campaigns - I'm an online driver - I would try it for you. I have used this to push data to different drives where some older programs insisted on residing in a specific location and it worked. My data was going one way, and this may be different here.

One of the smart coder guys will quickly see if this is worth trying, or just won't work.
    Last edited by Alice; Mar-19-2013 at 16:37.
    So, this is France.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

This is what I don't understand....
    If it saves to one path, why does it try to load from a different path?

I mean, if is saving to the non "MOD" folder, why can't it read it from there too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DennydD View Post
    I just got an answer from Desastersoft and they will NOT change their Software to run with the patch. Therefor my only hope is that TF can help here.
    Then they may find they are creating campaigns which no one will buy, since everyone will be flying with our patches...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I would love to take a look and find a solution but I do not have their campaigns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    443.81 MB

@Buzzsaw: Desastersoft is a small company. They depend on 1c to create their content. They might stop producing addons for CloD if you are right but they do not collaborate due obivous reasons. This is a company and 1c can easily put them into trouble. Anyways it would be a shame if they decided to stop working for CloD because they work on a Sealion Addon atm.

@MadMacs: I tried to synchronise the folders. I think if it could be possible to move the relevant data in time to the old ...\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\ folder it might work. Unfortunately sync Programms are too slow because they are not moving data immediately. A workaround with your idea might be possible and I thought about it but lacked the tools.

@Colander: I found the filepaths in the *.dll files and they point toward ...\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\. Thats an indicator that everything related to the Addon is soley processed in the old folder instead of the new "MOD" folder. the only thing this old folder lacks is, as far as I know, the cache files that are soley written to the new folder.
    Last edited by DennydD; Mar-19-2013 at 19:45.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I tried to install the demo wont work. doesnt let you point to the mod..
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    " He who never changes his mind, never changes anything,"
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Disclaimer: I dont have the Desastersoft campaign. Cant try myself what i am about to suggest.

"If the Profet doesnt go to the mountain, take the mountain to him"

Why not try this: Disable the updates on steam for CLOD (it wont be any other anyways) and rename the official to MOd, and the Mod to official, so you get the path to software as intended by Desastersoft.

Cant be that hard to try this, can it be?

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DennydD View Post
    @Buzzsaw: Desastersoft is a small company. They depend on 1c to create their content. They might stop producing addons for CloD if you are right but they do not collaborate due obivous reasons. This is a company and 1c can easily put them into trouble. Anyways it would be a shame if they decided to stop working for CloD because they work on a Sealion Addon atm.
    Pardon me if I sounded Cavalier, but...

I really think this is a case of Desastersoft only needing to change a few lines somewhere to point the 'Mod' folder. Would seem to me to be a very easy fix.

However, a solution from Desastersoft's end aside, TF is looking at fixes for this, we are interested in people having the opportunity to enjoy ALL of the addons for the game.

And I would add: Any further additions to the game are going to come from us, not 1C, so the potential for Desastersoft to see revenues from new aircraft/campaigns/enviroments using the CoD engine is dependent on the TF group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I still don't understand where the issue lies.

Even if the folder where it saves the files is different, it should read the saved files from the same folder it wrote them too.
    If an application saves to "c:\my documents\somefolder" and then reads from "c:\my documents\somefolder" it should work fine even though a new folder is created somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Copied & transfered Mission,Missions & records from 1CSoftclub/il-2 CloD to 1CSoftclub/_Mods folder ( the new folder,)& now everythig works...all smiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    443.81 MB

@Blitzen: Realy? i replaced the data too and the Addon works...but the statistics are not recorded. Yes I can fly the missions but this Addon has a GUI that also includes an award system, a promotion system and a summary of your archievements. As far as I am concerned this does not work as it should. It is more a problem of the motivation to fly a campaign.

@Colander: I think it gathers the information soley from the old cache folder. The addon points towards the old folder and triggers the *.dll there (in the old folder) to gather the information for the debrief. My guess is that the lacking cache files in the old folder lead to the missing statistic. I can only guess because I have to look at encripted *.dll there.

1st step: Mission end => a file is created to hand over the mission outcome in the cache folder
    2nd step: The main files of the addon are triggering the file in the old folder to gather, save and hand over the info to the GUI and to record the progress.
    3rd step: The file in the old folder "looks" into the folder where the mission outcome is stored from the main game but nothing is there. => nothing is handed over to the GUI=> No stats no record no outcome.

This is how I think it is done. As i said I also think they communicate both ways. I figured this from the fact that the GUI is not running without the transfere to the new folder.

@Buzzsaw: I agree with you. I just tried to point out that it is not possible for this small comany to follow us on this path.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

From what I've seen...
    It saves data to "My documents" and reads from the path the game returns. That's where the discrepancy is.
    If it would obtain the save and load paths the same way, it would not have this issue.

This is a simple one line fix for disastersoft that would make it work perfectly in both modded and vanilla.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast