Thread: TS Notifier fix.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

TS Notifier fix.

Hi All, this fix is for people who have TS Notifier Overlay working everywhere except in cockpit.

This is just one of the ways to fix TSNo, so don't give up if this doesn't work.

Get yourself 'in cockpit' with TS Notifier overlay working everywhere else.

Hit Alt and Tab to esc to desktop from 'in cockpit'.

Left click mouse on windows icon in bottom left of screen.

Hold left mouse click on IL2 icon in tray, it will flash, let go.

It works.

This seems to help TS bypass my anti-spyware. I've been testing this for a week now it works great. Very minimal fps loss, but I have made substantial upgrades to my computer lately.

Good luck, and let me know if it worked for you or if you need assistance.

Cheers,
    DRock

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: TS Notifier fix.

Thats good info, have to try it later. But for some strange reason it resembles like witchcraft.

"Put your right hand over the left shoulder and turn to the left 90 degrees. Then with the left hand drag the mouse to the border of the mousepad, and stop with mouse at 180 degrees. After than do 3 turns around the house and grab the mouse to double click the windows icon - All has to be done under 30 seconds. if it fails its your fault, because the process is proven to work".

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

If your Notifier works everywhere but 'in cockpit', the conflict is between your Internet Security program and in-game play.
    This witchery I use is a bypass key to allow Notifier into the game.
    I'm running Norton I.S. on windows 7/64 bit . Changing your security level or security permissions may also fix this issue.

Please post your fix and I.S. program and help spread the word, since many are still without overlay.

DRock

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    31.4 KB

I found another way to resolve this problem. My TSNotifier was working everywhere except in cliffs of dover so:
    Right click on the TSNotifier icon in tray -> general -> hardware overlay -> click enable
    Now a window with speakers on TS shows even in a windows desktop when nothing is running at the moment. If there also grey background appears you can edit hw_overlay.ini in hardware overlay tab by setting overlay.backgroundcolor=-1

I hope this may help the others.

Best regards,
    Chaos
    Last edited by Chaos; Sep-15-2014 at 14:33.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    262.05 MB

S! All
    I have had a problem with the TSNotifier window not showing up in the cocckpit.
    I more or less followed DRock's suggestions and it works, i.e. the TSNotifier shows up when in cockpit.

What I did:
    Turned on hardware overlay by right clicking the TSNotifier icon in the taskbar next to the clock and going to General/hardware overlay.

When in the cockpit, exit to windows using the windows key, left click and hold on the CoD icon n the taskbar.
    It flashes, then release. The game window re-appears with the TSNotifier now visible.

Three points of interest:
    1. This seems to be related - If I start TSNotifier before I launch CoD, then CoD starts and runs for 5 secs and then crashes back to desktop.
    This issue has only reared its head in the last two weeks approx; before that I had no problems with TSNotifier.

2. I have no firewall/anti-virus or any othe security software running when I fly, so that is not the problem.

3. If I use DRock's solution I have to repeat it if I drop out the game back to the desktop for any reason i.e. left click and hold the CoD icon.

Steerpots

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I found another way to resolve this problem. My TSNotifier was working everywhere except in cliffs of dover so:
    Right click on the TSNotifier icon in tray -> general -> hardware overlay -> click enable
    Now a window with speakers on TS shows even in a windows desktop when nothing is running at the moment. If there also grey background appears you can edit hw_overlay.ini in hardware overlay tab by setting overlay.backgroundcolor=-1

I hope this may help the others.

Best regards,
    Chaos
    I found this to work, however it caused an enormous (50%) drop in framerates that I could not overcome while the speaker window was active...

It may have disabled one of my graphics card during Nvidia SLI operation. I had to uninstall Overwolf, Overlay and TS Notifier to restore normal computer performance.

So if I act like I don't know who you are on TS, it's because I don't know who you are! Use your callsign instead of "I" or "Me", to be identified until this problem is solved..

Additionally (11/23/2014) I tried another avenue by removing new and installing old Nvidia drivers 337.88. I was overjoyed when it worked... but after bragging about the "Wunderfix", the system once again reverted to huge reductions in frame rates. I Reinstalled the new drivers and gave up on these plugins.

[Added 01/12/2014] I installed newest versions of TS3 and TSN on a separate computer. Works a treat!
    Last edited by Baffin; Dec-01-2014 at 16:38.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.