So, regarding the thread, how to get more people to play Clod...

The first that comes to mind is that people need to reliably find combat. I just had my first little sojourn on the ATAG server in a couple months and despite there being 30 players, it was a real snoozefest. In the past I have found combat here and there, but today it was bad. I never fired my guns, and wasn't even shot at until I was parked on the ground trying to remember how not to "abandon" my aircraft when I was vulched. I had forgotten how people are so starved for action on the ATAG server they circle around runways at low altitude waiting for something to shoot at. Lesson learned.

Fortunately, people were in one of the dogfight servers, and that was good fun. But the ATAG server is the only reliably populated server for Clod, so that's where people are going to end up frequently. I like the big-sandbox concept you guys have, but please, please consider some adjustments that might make it more exciting when there are so few people online. Here are some things I can think of:

1. The contact positions that name a geographical location instead of a map coordinate are bewildering. Algebraic coordinates are more user friendly.

2. The AI bomber streams could be sent down a predictable pipeline to concentrate combat. At the moment they seem to spread out the action by 30-40 miles North to South along the channel.

3. Until TF releases the LOD fix, seriously consider some kind of minimalistic icon for the range/fov where aircraft disappear. Even if it's only black with no range information, it would help. I am spoiled by RoF and Falcon BMS where aircraft are still readily visible in a no-icon environment. In Clod they are not, and there have to be others who have equally cursed and moaned when a dot they saw a moment ago suddenly turned invisible.

Well, those are some of my suggestions for improving attendance. A lot of the suggestions focus on people who are new to the game and haven't experienced much of what you have to offer. But there are many who have experienced it and just didn't see much reason to come back, and some of the above suggestions might change that.

Thanks!