Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing gunsights/blurry terrain

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Re: Missing gunsights/blurry terrain

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    run setting on High, I had a 580 its not going to run this very well. 680 or higher.

you can keep it in NVIDIA color settings if you want, its the new drivers if you have them that cant cope with the game colors.

Mastiff, thanks, what should I run in high? Even the nvidia drivers from last spring caused that windows color error. Should I run land detail AND land shadows on high? Right now land detail is high,land shadows low,

,,also IMPORTANT question, you see my pc specs above, do you think my CPU could handle a nvidia Titan 6 gig, and do you think that card would handle the colors/performance better? I realize my card is getting dated and. 99 percent sure I will get the Titan card next month, for other games too, seems like a great card as long as my CPU ( AMD 1100T 6 core at 3.8 ) can handle and make use of all the info the high end card generates, thanks.
    Last edited by priller26; Oct-20-2013 at 02:10.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Re missing gunsight graphics in the Me109, very strange, but flew 5 seperate missions, single player quick mission, bomber intercept over calais, it seems this happens (and some graphic stutters upon shooting up a Blenheim) only when Im playing an later 109E with 17 mm mgs, and 20mm cannons, when I play an early me109 with only the 17mgs and no 20mm cannones, the graphics seem fine, no stutters and no missing recticle. In any event, the missing gunsight only happens once, but will freeze one to two seconds, reappear, and then is solved... just an observation. I did turn most every graphic setting to high, left textures to high not original, grass road etc on, land detail high, shadows high, and wierd but the game seems to play better graphically then when turning things down. Amount of buildings is high, not very high, building detail set to high as well, or very high, have to check.
    Last edited by priller26; Oct-20-2013 at 05:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by priller26 View Post
    Re missing gunsight graphics in the Me109, very strange, but flew 5 seperate missions, single player quick mission, bomber intercept over calais, it seems this happens (and some graphic stutters upon shooting up a Blenheim) only when Im playing an later 109E with 17 mm mgs, and 20mm cannons, when I play an early me109 with only the 17mgs and no 20mm cannones, the graphics seem fine, no stutters and no missing recticle. In any event, the missing gunsight only happens once, but will freeze one to two seconds, reappear, and then is solved... just an observation. I did turn most every graphic setting to high, left textures to high not original, grass road etc on, land detail high, shadows high, and wierd but the game seems to play better graphically then when turning things down. Amount of buildings is high, not very high, building detail set to high as well, or very high, have to check.

This is a strange bug indeed and I remember getting it sometimes even back in the vanilla/stock Clod days.

Most of the optimizations we made have been with high settings in mind, so even though I agree it's a bit weird selecting a higher setting actually do increase FPS on some systems

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The new patch hasn't changed anything about this unfortunately..

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Well, I'm sure it will be dealt with in the future. Overall, I think the new patch is outstanding. It has certainly brought me back into the game and I've been playing it at least 4 to 5 hours a day since it's release. All but two settings are set to the highest possible, buildings are not got unlimited and are at high, and textures are at high not original. I am getting outstanding frame rates bolstering dogfights and flying low over land, much much better than before.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    138.5 KB

Question Re: Missing gunsights/blurry terrain

I have an MSI GT70 0NE. Has ANYONE Found an answer to this problem yet?????

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Red face Re: Missing gunsights/blurry terrain

Quote Originally Posted by Leandro View Post
    I re-downloaded, but I doubt that corruption is the issue, or I wouldn't see other people withe the same issue, in similar conditions.

They started showing up in the 600-series cards (NVidia, no idea about ATI). SLI laptops from what I gather are incredibly finicky, wouldn't go near one with a ten foot pole.

Done it, twice, with and without the mod.

In any case I seem to have found at least a partial fix by switching the renderer from Direct3D 10.0 to 10.1 or 11.0. Doing so gave me a few visual artifacts and a frame rate drop (probably because now LOD-appropriate models and textures are being loaded) but at least the game's playable. I can live with it for the most part, but the nights look really weird, oversaturated, overbloomed. Applying the patch seems to aggravate it:

Attachment 3902
    I had exactly the same problem with the target reticle and low resolution, which seemed to only be fixable by your fix of changing the renderer to Direct3D 10.1 in Conf.ini in the Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD folder. But this was unstable for me, as after a few missions, the game started crashing to desktop during the loading screen at the start of a mission. I disabled Vsync and so far so good... otherwise the only way to recover was to delete the Conf.ini file... which required setting up the joystick again.

Thankyou Leandro, after many hours of trying to fix this annoying problem, yours was the only one that led in the right direction.

Not sure if every thing is good yet but so far so good

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

This happens almost only with people who have laptops with integrated videocards. It seems connected to the Mseries of videocards... God knows why! :/
    I have seen it over and over again. 99% of the time that is the issue.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    This happens almost only with people who have laptops with integrated videocards. It seems connected to the Mseries of videocards... God knows why! :/
    I have seen it over and over again. 99% of the time that is the issue.
    Yep, you,re right, I have a laptop with a Nvidea videocard, and to those of us who have them, I think I may have stumbled on a solution to this problem.

I wish to report that I've been paying quite a few missions today with no crashes to desktop, and my frame rate seems to be much improved with very good resolution. Changing the Renderer to Direct3d 10.1 fixed the blurries and disabling the Vsync has stabilized the system and improved performance.... There is very little info out there about this problem.

I'm still getting a strange graphical line when over the ocean. It appears in the simulation more than 10 miles away and looks like a big pier in the distance, and appears to maintain that distance in a circle around the plane. If that's the worst graphics glitch, I can live with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    141.17 MB

"I'm still getting a strange graphical line when over the ocean. It appears in the simulation more than 10 miles away and looks like a big pier in the distance, and appears to maintain that distance in a circle around the plane. If that's the worst graphics glitch, I can live with that."

I thought that was just an AMD problem but apparently not ! No it's a known issue I managed to improve mine with a driver update.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 MB

Hello Everyone !

Im new here, stumbled across this topic, I HAVE a fix.

I fixed this problem by entering the BIOS of my laptop,you can look up how to do this on Windows 8 anywhere on the internet.

In This BIOS you have to change the RAM used by your integrated graphics, mine went from 64mb to 512mb (maximum).
    Warning : DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT SURE OF !

After that, a reboot, and Clod worked a treat.
    Hope this works for you all,

Salute,
    SammZ

12. Likes ATAG_Bliss, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SammZ View Post
    Hello Everyone !

I fixed this problem by entering the BIOS of my laptop,you can look up how to do this on Windows 8 anywhere on the internet.

In This BIOS you have to change the RAM used by your integrated graphics, mine went from 64mb to 512mb (maximum).

Salute,
    SammZ
    Thanks for posting this, SammZ. And welcome to the forum!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

14. Likes SammZ liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Thanks for posting this, SammZ. And welcome to the forum!

My Pleasure, thanks for the welcome.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SammZ View Post
    Hello Everyone !

Salute,
    SammZ
    Can someone confirm that this works? I have the same problem, blurry crosshair. I have a laptop with windows 7 but I have no idea how to do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

@ Rowns,
    if your laptop has a graphiccard which used shared memory this could maybe help.But if your laptop has a seperate graphiccard is has his own ram and cannot be changed.What type of laptop is it what you have?
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 MB

"@ Rowns,
    if your laptop has a graphiccard which used shared memory this could maybe help.But if your laptop has a seperate graphiccard is has his own ram and cannot be changed.What type of laptop is it what you have?"

I have mac book pro with windows 7 on it. I have a intel HD 4000 graphic card. But just because I have a mac I can't get in the bios of windows 7. So I can't fix this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Does post number 16 in the following thread help?

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/...ndows.1434745/
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 MB

Sad enough it doesn't I also found that, but it didn't work.

Edit: Maybe the last post of that link you gave can help me, I think I have older driver versions on my pc.
    Last edited by rowns; Sep-08-2015 at 12:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Worth a try. Please keep us informed
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Worth a try. Please keep us informed
    I will

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 MB

Quote Originally Posted by rowns View Post
    I will
    Sad enought it didn't work, so I can't fly the BF109's or spits or fly att all.
    Last edited by rowns; Sep-09-2015 at 11:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    188.33 MB

Sorry for bringing out older thread but...

I thought it was just my graphics with playing on laptop, I learned to live with smudged/blurry gun sight reticle/crosshairs.

Last night however I ventured onto another empty server to try flying other planes... Jumped in a G50, gunsight illumination was crisp and clear. Then jumped in a Stuka, same again, crisp and clear. So I jumped back into Spitty then Hurricane and those two I had blurry/smudged gunsight reticle.

This is annoying me now as I learnt to live with it but if it works ok on some planes why doesn't it work ok on all of them for me.

Can't be graphics issue because it would be the same on all of them.

I would appreciate it if someone would share a definite solution for this as it must be common.

I did all the installations as prescribed and didn't mess about with any config files. I cleared cache, that does not fix it. Thanks.
    "Repeat Please"

Arma 3: If in doubt, call in CAS. (I'm up there with my JDAMs boys)

CLOD: contact just off my right wing low, diving... nevermind its just a bit of fluff on my screen.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 MB

Quote Originally Posted by M_Klimek View Post
    Sorry for bringing out older thread but...

I thought it was just my graphics with playing on laptop, I learned to live with smudged/blurry gun sight reticle/crosshairs.

Last night however I ventured onto another empty server to try flying other planes... Jumped in a G50, gunsight illumination was crisp and clear. Then jumped in a Stuka, same again, crisp and clear. So I jumped back into Spitty then Hurricane and those two I had blurry/smudged gunsight reticle.

This is annoying me now as I learnt to live with it but if it works ok on some planes why doesn't it work ok on all of them for me.

Can't be graphics issue because it would be the same on all of them.

I would appreciate it if someone would share a definite solution for this as it must be common.

I did all the installations as prescribed and didn't mess about with any config files. I cleared cache, that does not fix it. Thanks.
    I have to try that, if that really works, then the they can maybe fix this problem.

Edit: I did try it and he has right. The gunsight of the G50 works.

Edit2: Also I just found out(it took me only 1 month or so) that I did press primary illumination instead of gun illumination So instead of not having a crosshair I have a blurry gunsight.
    Last edited by rowns; Sep-29-2015 at 12:02.

Supporting Member DoubleStandards's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    282.89 MB

Quote Originally Posted by rowns View Post

Edit2: Also I just found out(it took me only 1 month or so) that I did press primary illumination instead of gun illumination So instead of not having a crosshair I have a blurry gunsight.
    Whoever was helping you out should put his joystick away.

DS

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    138.5 KB

Nobody seems to get to the point & discover why the mobile chipsets like the 680m cause this issue???? Is there a fix???

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    188.33 MB

So, I've been trying various things and my gunsight is still blurry in Spits and Hurricanes...

I tried to adjust Renderer in config.ini but I put "D3D10_1" as suggested above in this thread and my game would not launch at all.

at the moment Renderer is set as standard as "D3D10_0"...

Seems this is a common issue with some people and yet no one knows a definite fix
    "Repeat Please"

CLOD: contact just off my right wing low, diving... nevermind its just a bit of fluff on my screen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    188.33 MB

Since no one has been replying to this with any viable solutions I've been checking this further...

So on various servers the intensity of the blur is different... weird.

For example on big campaign servers the blur is far more noticeable then on smaller ones, eg. Dogfighting small map server. My gunsight reticle was perfect when training last night in one on one dogfights on private lobby with couple 306 chaps.

Still non the wiser why this is, my only explanation, I don't have the technical knowledge, problem with available memory? I have 16gb RAM though.
    "Repeat Please"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by M_Klimek View Post
    problem with available memory? I have 16gb RAM though.
    Chances are that it is.
    16GB is the CPU ram, you would need 1.5GB in the video card (GPU) ram.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

The problem is more that people run the game on laptops that are not meant to be running games that require a heavy graphic load.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    188.33 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    The problem is more that people run the game on laptops that are not meant to be running games that require a heavy graphic load.
    I respect your view... I do run it on a laptop... However, the quality of the gun sight reticle is inconsistent across the servers and across the airplane models. If laptop vs desktop was the only reason, would it not be consistently bad quality?

If someone with the technical know how can explain how it works it would be cool... I'm not asking for an essay
    "Repeat Please"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast