Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Fusion tutorial - How to install Patch v3.00/3.01 and then Patch v4.00 - video

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Team Fusion tutorial - How to install Patch v3.00/3.01 and then Patch v4.00 - video

---------------------------------
    ATAG_Colander edit:
    Please see this thread for more up to date information: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=5058&p=52711
    ---------------------------------

Eine Video-Anleitung zur Installation des Patches für unsere deutschsprachigen Community-Mitglieder wurde nun hinzugefügt. Es befindet sich ganz unten auf der Seite. Danke an Continu0 für seine Arbeit

Translation of above (sort of):

Now added an install Video for our German speaking CloD players at the bottom of this page, thanks to Continu0 for this work

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't already updated your game you need to follow these instructions to get your version to TF v3.00, wonderfully explained by Philstyle, but before you do please do the following.
    Inside your C:\Users\(your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD folder you will find two files, one called conf.ini, the other called confuser.ini

Copy these to.a.safe location (i.e your desktop or a folder you wont forget) BEFORE you install the patch.
    These two files contain all your control.settings, graphics settings, in-fact all the options you have saved for your current install.

Once you complete the patch install, copy them.back to :\Users\(your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD folder.

Now you have safely saved those two files, here's the patch install video:

Then just install patch v3.01 to the same location you created for v3.00

Patch v4.00 can't be installed over the original game, it has to be Team Fusion's Patch install, version 3.01

There will be a torrent version and a a .zip file version as options for you to download the patch.

The .zip files will be called:

"Team Fusion 4.0 MOD Installer.zip.001"

and

"Team Fusion 4.0 MOD Installer.zip.002"

While extracting the .zip file version you may come up with an error and this has happened with a couple of the testers. Don't give up hope though! It probably isn't corrupted, it's just your .zip extractor can't read it properly (I use Winrar and it said it was corrupt).

If you haven't used 7-zip, download it here:

http://www.7-zip.org/

So-far 7-zip (and they aren't sponsoring us!) is the only one we have found that extracts the file with no issues.

An important note. Once you have installed Patch v4.00, before you run it, go to your; C:\Users\(your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

open it and find the 'cache folder' and select all the contents and then delete them. These files are used by the older version v3.01 and could cause graphical issues if not removed before you run v4.00

Cheers, TF

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Continu0 for sharing this German version of how to install the Patch, video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJCxxbJvuAQ
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Nov-13-2015 at 13:23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: Team Fusion tutorial - How to install Patch v3.00/3.01 and then Patch v4.00 - vid

That was plain evilness. "Lets have a look on Cliffs of Dovveeeeer" - He waits screen to load and .... you B$#"$"#$"#$ dont even reach the main screen!

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Team Fusion tutorial - How to install Patch v3.00/3.01 and then Patch v4.00 - vid

Now now... one thing U have to post original conf files.
    I have reinstalled cliffs of dover with my new mashine and i have never ever run vanilla CloD which leads to this it didnt create original Clod folder in 'My documents"

Scrub that I'll just do Clod Integrity check with steam Im just tired of pressing F5 all day long
    Last edited by trooph; Oct-17-2013 at 16:35.

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    That was plain evilness. "Lets have a look on Cliffs of Dovveeeeer" - He waits screen to load and .... you B$#"$"#$"#$ dont even reach the main screen!
    this was very, very deliberate... just for you Lolsav....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Yeah, made me smile when I saw that too.
    Fair play to Phil as he only put the video together today after realising his offer to do so had been accepted but he never saw the request!

Cheers, MP

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Great tutorial! This is a link that I'll be keeping very handy in the days to come!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.19 MB

~S~ Thanks Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

For those that use the bit torrent, you will get a "4.0 Final" folder - inside are two files 'Mod 4.0 Installer.exe' and 'Mod-v40.zip'. Simply run the 'Mod 4.0 Installer.exe' and point it to your directory. ie. the default is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover"

"My idea of flying is to have a group take off together, stick together, fight together, try to accomplish the mission together and hopefully all land together" - AKA_Recon

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Chasing Fear's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post

Lastly inside your C:\Users\(your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD folder you will find two files, one called conf.ini, the other called confuser.ini

Copy these to.a.safe location (i.e your desktop or a folder you wont forget) BEFORE you install the patch.

These two files contain all your control.settings, graphics settings, in-fact all the options you have saved for your current install.

Once you complete the patch install, copy them.back to :\Users\(your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD folder.

Cheers, TF
    MP,

You might want to remind everyone to back these files ups before they begin patching. I'll bet that a lot of folks will begin to carefully follow the directions you've given, only to be disappointed if they realize they should have done this first!

-Fear

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Agreed, and changed
    Cheers, MP

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    32.74 MB

hi

do you need to disable the "EnableHistoricalMarkings.exe (is this compatible with new patch.

regards

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Well ok then here is the first screenpatch40.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by NLS61 View Post
    Well ok then here is the first screenpatch40.jpg
    I knew someone was going to pause it and take a screenie!

lol.... !

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

If you haven't already updated your game you need to follow these instructions to get your version to TF v3.00, wonderfully explained by Philstyle, but before you do please do the following.
    Inside your C:\Users\(your username here)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD folder you will find two files, one called conf.ini, the other called confuser.ini
    There is also user.ini file, there are ammo belts and convergence settings saved !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by vranac View Post
    There is also user.ini file, there are ammo belts and convergence settings saved !
    As far as I can tell, the patch does not overwrite any config files. Mine all remained just as they were.

But it pays to back them up, just in case.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.39 MB

Quote Originally Posted by vranac View Post

For some strange reason my user.ini is is utterly blank, i.e. there is nothing in the file?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Stig1207 View Post
    For some strange reason my user.ini is is utterly blank, i.e. there is nothing in the file?!
    it might be the steam synchronization. if your game is getting user information from the cloud, rather than your HDD

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Now you have safely saved those two files, here's the patch install video:

http://youtu.be/uu3SrdqlB64
    Hey there!,
    Small comment: When you say "run the mod Installer" in the youtube vid maybe it would be good to add (perhaps with an annotation) that people should "Run as Administrator". I couldn't make it work until I did that, because my computer didn't let me change files in the C-drive...
    Cheers, Oersted

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks so much for the vid - that worked a treat

...now to try out 'Cliffs of Doveeeeerrrr'

FS~Valisk 'Val' FY-V COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS
    Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Excellent job on the tutorial , thank you very much!!
    My installation went flawlessly!!
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Please make this tread Sticky.

Cheers
    O

MODERATOR'S EDIT: Done! Will also incorporate the OP into the Beginners' Section.
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Oct-28-2013 at 09:10.

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Just a quick question about the install. I followed the video, had both mod folders on my desktop and opened the first as per the video and ran the exe. It seems to have installed smoothly and gave the "Install Successful" message at the end. I read in another thread that you had to have both folders in one folder when installing or does it just unpack the second file automatically?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Screamadelica View Post
    Just a quick question about the install. I followed the video, had both mod folders on my desktop and opened the first as per the video and ran the exe. It seems to have installed smoothly and gave the "Install Successful" message at the end. I read in another thread that you had to have both folders in one folder when installing or does it just unpack the second file automatically?

If the two .zip files are in the same folder after you download them, extract with 7-zip.

The line "make sure you have both files in the same folder" refers to the .zip files, or they wont extract correctly.

Installing is done once the above procedure has been carried out and the extraction puts both the installer files together, so there are no issues.

If you have the line "Install Successful", then you have carried out the instruction correctly

Cheers, MP

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Thanks Mystic, just wanted to be sure. Patch is working well, apart from the blurry terrain issue. Thanks again to the team for all their work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Now added German version too in the first post, thanks to Continu0 for his help with this, cheers, MP

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

MP - was chatting with Lolsav yesterday when TS decided to OD - finally got that solved - I will start by thanking you both for your efforts - I spoke with a team of computer experts concerning the problem with opening 4.0 and getting the can open as archive msg - they advised that the only thing they could think of was the file(s) were either corrupted of something occurred during the download which is causing the problem, I was advised to delete and retry the download now that I have the correct 7-zip (64 bit) installed - I did that and with approx. 1hr 50m to go on file 001 the download was interrupted, I clicked on resume and then got the msg that the download had failed - I think we have established my computer skills and you guys have spent enough spare time trying to reinvent the wheel, so until such time as an easier (4 me) version of 4.0 is developed I will have to stick with the campaign single player - tks again - if this issue is resolved I would like the opportunity to apply to your group for membership - K9

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you Team Fusion for your work from Ukrainian virtpilots!!!

Thank you Team Fusion for your work from Ukrainian virtpilots !!!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    885.76 MB

Well done all you guys. Followed the vid to the letter and it worked first time.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    146.51 MB

Hi I have followed the vid, downloaded new 7zip, got rid of winzip,
    Downloaded 2 files,
    open zip, add to mod 4.0, but then have a folder that shows the installer, but not an exe, just another zip file that will not open.
    Have downloaded the files about 6 times over the last 3 days, takes 3hours for the pair.

Sat PM
    Downloaded the files again. I noticed that my system had one of the files a zip2(1) so edited that out.
    Put them together in a folder, opened 7zip, open in Team Fusion 4.0 MOD Folder, it ran, I have the folder....but with the same zip file that I cannot open...I'm a patient person, will keep trying. But kinda stuck
    Any suggestions?

sorted - In the end I downloaded a torrent, my browser usually does not allow, so worth a try and it worked,
    Got the whole thing without the 7zip problem, Hope this helps someone else

Thank you
    Flyingscotsman
    Last edited by Flyingscotsman; Nov-23-2013 at 15:10.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast