Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Control Panel Settings

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Nvidia Control Panel Settings

Lots of discussion in other threads...Not sure if there is a thread for this...(Please direct me if there is)....

Here are Mastiffs control settings from a few months back which I used....Hope Mastiff doesn't mind me putting these settings here....

This is not meant as a best setup but as a starting point...

Please Discuss and lets see if there's an overall consensus we can adhere to....

IMPORTANT - As with any changes you make to this or any other aspect of any game you have...back up your own settings....so Before Changing your own settings to this or any other setting make sure you make a note (or screenshot) of your settings as they are before...This goes for ANY changes to files, graphics, folders, deletions etc..

and

'conf' ...[CORE] section

Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Aug-14-2017 at 09:20.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: Nvidia Control Panel Settings

You should post the [core] section of conf.ini also, and post specs for wich card it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Done...!
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.90 GB

Just tried the settings and [core] listed above......going very smooth now.......thank you........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

See? Alredy a happy costumer

TF: Give Lewis a raise!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

2 happy customers!

My jaggies are almost completely gone and even got an fps boost

Double thanks Lewis and Mastiffs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Top Bananas!!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

When I select launcher in the Nvidia 3D Control Panel settings, is this setting for CL OD only, or is this a global launcher for all games? Do I select steam launcher? I just want to make sure I'm setting up settings for this game. Thanks much I'm going to try this tonight.
    Last edited by priller26; Oct-24-2013 at 21:41.

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

The launcher should be specific to Cliffs Of Dover. If Cliffs is the only game on your computer I guess using Global settings should be the best option. I have two launchers listed in my custom profile, one is just the "Roundel" Launcher and the other is the same but with Exe and the location of the game on the C/drive added onto it. I think this was suggested back in the early days as the best way to assign a launcher to Cliffs Of Dover, remember WRC 2010 was suggested as a profile at one stage. I'm also seeing other people with different Launcher icons than the "roundel" one. My head is starting to hurt from all this......
    Also why do we only alter the conf settings in the 1C Softclub folder and not the conf file in Steam Apps/Common/etc?
    I seem to spend all my time playing with the Nvidea Control Panel and hardly any time spent actually flying!
    I'll try the settings suggested above and keep my fingers crossed, there has to be a solution to this whole Control Panel issue.
    I'd love to see an "official" ATAG Guide for setting up the Control Panel.
    Last edited by Screamadelica; Oct-24-2013 at 22:37.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

@ Priller....As far as I know 'Global settings' means if you change it there it will affect all of your games...In 'Program Settings' it simply gives you the option to over ride the Global settings for that particular game.....For sake of argument I would click 'restore' in Global settings and then change the settings in 'Program settings' as the screenshots...I hope that makes sense

The program will be named 'Launcher' but the icon may be different than the screen shot in the first post..

...lew....

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    @ Priller....As far as I know 'Global settings' means if you change it there it will affect all of your games...In 'Program Settings' it simply gives you the option to over ride the Global settings for that particular game.....For sake of argument I would click 'restore' in Global settings and then change the settings in 'Program settings' as the screenshots...I hope that makes sense

The program will be named 'Launcher' but the icon may be different than the screen shot in the first post..

...lew....
    @ Lewis ...thanks, it sounds like I should point the launcher not to the steam apps launcher but to the actual CLO D game launcher, does this make sense? Thanks

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Screamadelica View Post
    The launcher should be specific to Cliffs Of Dover. If Cliffs is the only game on your computer I guess using Global settings should be the best option. I have two launchers listed in my custom profile, one is just the "Roundel" Launcher and the other is the same but with Exe and the location of the game on the C/drive added onto it. I think this was suggested back in the early days as the best way to assign a launcher to Cliffs Of Dover, remember WRC 2010 was suggested as a profile at one stage. I'm also seeing other people with different Launcher icons than the "roundel" one. My head is starting to hurt from all this......
    Also why do we only alter the conf settings in the 1C Softclub folder and not the conf file in Steam Apps/Common/etc?
    I seem to spend all my time playing with the Nvidea Control Panel and hardly any time spent actually flying!
    I'll try the settings suggested above and keep my fingers crossed, there has to be a solution to this whole Control Panel issue.
    I'd love to see an "official" ATAG Guide for setting up the Control Panel.

thanks so much for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Many thanks for this simple and clear settings post...I got a big improvement in the interior shadow definition...really happy about same!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    'conf' ...[CORE] section
    I'll try these setting, admittedly in the past the Nvidia CP seems to have piss all effect upon AA in CloD, but alway willing to try again!

Lewis 1 question: In your CORE section you have VisibilityDistance=5, mine was set to 3 with all settings maxed.. is this a custom tweak? Can you explain what this setting effects and its range, doe sit have any effect etc etc.

Cheers mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

@ MT.....Sorry MT..I have no idea about the VisibilityDistance.....I can't remember tweaking it but if I did it would have been a long time ago....My advice is to try it....If its not noticeable then turn it back just in case it inadvertently affects other things...Apparently on my PC it has no detrimental affects....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cheers Lewis.. i tried the setting above exactly.. and i gotta says its looking better. Slight fps hit but better smoothing all round. Thanks mate!

Regarding the vis distance setting, I've tried 5.. cant say i've noticed any difference yet..in any way.. but needs further looking at. No problems with it. Ta.

con3para

Thank will try this i have a GTX670

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Mastiff has posted some new Nvidia settings for the new 331.58 drivers over in the Pilots Lounge. Seem to work pretty well.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=6591
    Last edited by Screamadelica; Oct-26-2013 at 07:15.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I think people need to better understand what those settings does.

Let's talk about the NVIDIA's ones.

Anisotropic filtering: It greatly increase textures detail on surface that are highly angled from your point of view (if off, more the angle less the details) it's not heavy on today's hardware, could introduce texture noise but it's unlikely to happen on NVIDIA's hardware, I strongly recommend to set it at max, you will note a hell of a difference (look at the plane from outside view)

FXAA: It reduce the jaggies at a very low performance cost but it introduce some blur and that's why some don't like it (like me)

Antialiasing - Mode: probably it's better to set it to Override application settings if you want to force antialiasing from the control panel

Antialiasing - Transparency: If works reduce jaggies on texture with transparency like trees foliage, antenna wire, grass, etc..

CUDA GPU's: It does not affect Clod

Maximum pre-rendered frames: Increasing this COULD help to improve smoothness but adds lag! I strongly recommend to not increase this value.

Multy-display/mixed-GPU acceleration: Leave to default, it does not affect single GPU systems

Power management mode: Keep default

Triple buffering: Recommended if vertical sync is enabled as it help improve smoothness, if V-Sync is off then it will probably just add lag

Vertical sync: Removes screen tearing artifacts at the cost of possible performance degradation and less smoothness (the just announced NVIDIA's G-sync completely solve those drawbacks), I recommend to set to "adaptive" (it enable v-sync just while frame rate are above 60 fps)

I've tried to be as simple as possible, If you need further help feel free to ask
    Last edited by Stefem; Oct-26-2013 at 12:06.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Lewis, what is your AA in the game's GUI?

Thanks,
    Sabrefly.
    Last edited by Sabrefly; Oct-26-2013 at 19:18.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrefly View Post
    Lewis, what is your AA in the game's GUI?

Thanks,
    Sabrefly.
    Ok, from the 'core' section it should be x2 ingame. Why would you leave it on using the external AA tools? I read they may fight each other resulting in some FPS drop.

Sabrefly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Stefem, could you please post your Control Panel settings. Thanks for all your help.
    Cheers, Scream.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I used Lewis's settings and wish I had not because now I am finding that I am not seeing contacts until waaay later than others. As an example, yesterday I had to launch later than the squadron I was flying with and they were just out of sight, ie I knew where they were but they had just stopped being visible ahead, but they could see me behind despite me being several thousand feet lower so probably against the ground!

I have a very marginal spec machine but when I installed the new patch it was noticeable how much clearer contacts were in the distance, now it is like being back pre-patch. Unfortunately I did not make a note of what my settings were before I changed them. Has anyone got any idea which settings would most affect dot visibility? I was probably set for max performance on most settings before changing them but it could be that some of the settings need to be set more towards max quality to help see dots while others might blur the dots while making the rest look pretty.

I wont bother telling you about my settings for buildings & textures etc. as they don't relate to dots but AA, Epilepsy, Vsynch & SSAO are all OFF
    56sqn US@R - Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com/

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) > AMD Athlon II X4 605e @ 2300MHz
    16Gb RAM > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrefly View Post
    Ok, from the 'core' section it should be x2 ingame. Why would you leave it on using the external AA tools? I read they may fight each other resulting in some FPS drop.

Sabrefly.
    I tested the above on my system this morning.
    In Nvidia Inspector, I am running 16X CSAA for anti aliasing, and set to override application settings.
    I have AA in game, set to 2X. The easiest place I notice the jaggies, is the canopy frame from within the cockpit.

I changed the in game AA setting from 2X to none, and the jaggies were more predominant in that canopy frame. I changed back to 2X and it was better - I did this 4-5 times just to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me. And having it in game set to 2X did not really cause much of a performance hit for me on my system, maybe 1-2 FPS , and it definitely looks better for me with it set to 2X.

Lewis - many thanks for sharing this information, it has made my Cliffs install even better looking than it was!
    Last edited by dburne; Oct-27-2013 at 09:13.
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by d.burnette View Post
    I tested the above on my system this morning.
    In Nvidia Inspector, I am running 16X CSAA for anti aliasing, and set to override application settings.
    I have AA in game, set to 2X. The easiest place I notice the jaggies, is the canopy frame from within the cockpit.

I changed the in game AA setting from 2X to none, and the jaggies were more predominant in that canopy frame. I changed back to 2X and it was better - I did this 4-5 times just to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me. And having it in game set to 2X did not really cause much of a performance hit for me on my system, maybe 1-2 FPS , and it definitely looks better for me with it set to 2X.
    Good report, thanks.

Sabrefly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

@ Roblex...As with any changes you make to this or any other aspect of any game you have...back up your own settings....so Before Changing your own settings to this or any other setting make sure you make a note (or screenshot) of your settings as they are before...This goes for ANY changes to files, graphics, folders, deletions etc..

I have added this to the initial post at the beginning so no one else makes this mistake...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Best result so far.....JSGME mod and settings details in the thread below.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=6348

Hope this helps. Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions regarding this.
    Last edited by Screamadelica; Oct-29-2013 at 04:36.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

this needed a bump..
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    " He who never changes his mind, never changes anything,"
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    this needed a bump..
    Nice bump!
    Mine was close to that, I just turned FXAA on, and changed my AA from override to enhance and set 2X aa in the sim, made a really nice difference - really smoothed out the edges better for me.

Thanks!
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Hey Burnette, how did that affect dots and visibility? I mean, currently I can see some very far faint dots if I look hard, but I am afraid if I turn AA up it will affect that in a negative way. I currently have 2x in game and Nvidia in use application setting.
    But at the same time am beginning to wish less jagged lines.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast