Thread: Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover

Hi all. Here's an overlay that works great for IL2COD. I run Win7 x64 and it works flawlessly for me. It's nice thing to have with only one monitor. That way you can always know who's talking and who's in your channel while in game.

Download from here: http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/SetupTSNotifierV1.4.7.msi

Choose the top one (installer) and let it install. Next start the program and enable it (tsnotifyer). Now go into the game once and exit (it will not work initially). Now go into the gamesettings.ini (in tsnotifier there's an option for "edit gamesettings.ini) - Once inside it will look something similar to this:

[WoW.exe]
    game.enabled=1
    [Gw.exe]
    game.enabled=1
    [lotroclient.exe]
    game.enabled=1
    [TSNotifier.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [TSNotifier_x64.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [firefox.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [Steam.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [Explorer.EXE]
    game.enabled=0
    [DllHost.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [dxwsetup.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [hyperlobby.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [plugin-container.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [rogame.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [Dwm.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [conhost.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [Launcher.exe]
    game.enabled=1

[GameOverlayUI.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [NOTEPAD.EXE]
    game.enabled=0
    [nvcplui.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [taskhost.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [TrackIR5.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [taskmgr.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [ts3client_win64.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [InstallHook.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [mspaint.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    Once you find Launcher.exe (this is why you have to start the game once to make this work) change it from "0" to "1" to enable it for IL2COD. Now restart TS3 / TSnotifier again and hop into IL2COD. You should have an overlay!
    Here's what it looks like on my screen with both of our mic's keyed up. When noone is talking it's virtually invisible. Very cool! Enjoy!

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover

Great stuff, will give it a whirl when I get back to town.

Cheers
    Craig

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Is it Steam Anti-Cheat friendly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by [Wiking]Staf.Keller View Post
    Is it Steam Anti-Cheat friendly?
    Yes sir! Use away without worry.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Very Handy Bliss. Nice Find.

Spinfx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    Yes sir! Use away without worry.
    Bliss I saw a post today on the steam forum under VAC that TS3 Overlays were consider cheats and would get you banned, were did you get the information that TSnotifier Overlay would not earn you a VAC Ban? TC
    Shooting Me Down Is Child Abuse And That's Against The Law

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Hmm,

Can you link me to the posting? I've been using overlays for ventrilo for as long as I can remember, and now for TS3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Hi all. Here's an overlay that works great for IL2COD. I run Win7 x64 and it works flawlessly for me. It's nice thing to have with only one monitor. That way you can always know who's talking and who's in your channel while in game.

Choose the top one (installer) and let it install. Next start the program and enable it (tsnotifyer). Now go into the game once and exit (it will not work initially). Now go into the gamesettings.ini (in tsnotifier there's an option for "edit gamesettings.ini) - Once inside it will look something similar to this:

Once you find Launcher.exe (this is why you have to start the game once to make this work) change it from "0" to "1" to enable it for IL2COD. Now restart TS3 / TSnotifier again and hop into IL2COD. You should have an overlay!
    Here's what it looks like on my screen with both of our mic's keyed up. When noone is talking it's virtually invisible. Very cool! Enjoy!

My version of TS3 API is 13 and the tsnotifier version is 14, not compatable. How do I get a version of TS that's has API ver.14, I'm currently running TS3 ver.301. Also will there be issues with anyone running API ver.13 if I'm running ver.14? Thanks TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Strange. Do you have a screen shot of the error? Do you have the latest version of TS3 installed.

My steps were essentially: Shut off TS3, download notifier, install notifier, turn on TS3, go to settings/setting wizard and enable TS3 overlay. Start IL2/close IL2, go to config for notifier and change the launcher to 1. Shut down TS3 and notifier. Start TS3, then start notifier, fire up game, and it works.

I've never checked anything to do with plugins with regards to TS3. The notifier automatically installed, and once I found out you had to enable TS3 overlay through setting wizard, it's worked perfectly ever since.

Could you put up a screen shot of the error you're having?

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I get the same message, and TSNotifier won't show anything when online, although it does run the overlay enabled message across the screen. Post a s/s later, doing some research on it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Strange. Do you have a screen shot of the error? Do you have the latest version of TS3 installed.

My steps were essentially: Shut off TS3, download notifier, install notifier, turn on TS3, go to settings/setting wizard and enable TS3 overlay. Start IL2/close IL2, go to config for notifier and change the launcher to 1. Shut down TS3 and notifier. Start TS3, then start notifier, fire up game, and it works.

I've never checked anything to do with plugins with regards to TS3. The notifier automatically installed, and once I found out you had to enable TS3 overlay through setting wizard, it's worked perfectly ever since.

Could you put up a screen shot of the error you're having?
    I finally got it to work, needed to reboot my system after the second restart of the game for the launch.exe to show up in the gamesetting.ini, once I did that everything worked fine, Now there is one little problem, Fraps doesn't work in the game with the tsnotifier running, (launch.exe has stopped working) however I can use the ingame fps counter, you may want to look into the incompatability with Fraps. Thanks for the help and the program. TC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks, works like a champ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by too-cool View Post
    however I can use the ingame fps counter TC
    My question is how do we bring up the FPS Counter in game?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Well, there's 2 out of 3 got it working! Any luck with yours Rudelmann?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefRedCloud View Post
    My question is how do we bring up the FPS Counter in game?
    Open up the dev console. I believe it's either TAB or the tilda key by default.

Type: fps START SHOW (yes caps and spacing make a difference).

The in-game tool works really well.

Edit: Don't try to do this while flying as opening the console will make your controls unusable until it's closed again. :

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Post Re: Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover

I'm having some issues with running TS notifier. I tried to open it straight up and as admin, but I get the same issue even after I uninstalled and reinstalled it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    528.14 MB

Is there any 'procedure' how to make TSNotifier runing smothly?

I've got Win764. After I configured TSNotifier I was able to see who's talking and entering tschannel. But currently it is some tricky to get it working and game freezes sometimes (I added sweetfx recently - is it possible they confilict somehow? )

I thought that I should have CloD and TS3 running and than TSNotifier, but it freezes CloD or makes it unresponsive for a few minutes and no overlay.

Yesterday after some tries I tried following TS3 and TSNotifier and than CloD and it worked. However I do not know whether it will work today/tomorrow. I like this feature but 30 minutes for trying and trying sounds like time wasting.
    Is there golden rule to have it working all the times (lets say within 5 minutes)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

TS Overlay works now. At least it dose in HSFX1946, so it should work with Cliffs.