Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover

Hi all. Here's an overlay that works great for IL2COD. I run Win7 x64 and it works flawlessly for me. It's nice thing to have with only one monitor. That way you can always know who's talking and who's in your channel while in game.

Download from here: http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/SetupTSNotifierV1.4.7.msi

Choose the top one (installer) and let it install. Next start the program and enable it (tsnotifyer). Now go into the game once and exit (it will not work initially). Now go into the gamesettings.ini (in tsnotifier there's an option for "edit gamesettings.ini) - Once inside it will look something similar to this:

[WoW.exe]
    game.enabled=1
    [Gw.exe]
    game.enabled=1
    [lotroclient.exe]
    game.enabled=1
    [TSNotifier.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [TSNotifier_x64.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [firefox.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [Steam.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [Explorer.EXE]
    game.enabled=0
    [DllHost.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [dxwsetup.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [hyperlobby.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [plugin-container.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [rogame.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [Dwm.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [conhost.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [Launcher.exe]
    game.enabled=1

[GameOverlayUI.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [NOTEPAD.EXE]
    game.enabled=0
    [nvcplui.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [taskhost.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [TrackIR5.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [taskmgr.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [ts3client_win64.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [InstallHook.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    [mspaint.exe]
    game.enabled=0
    Once you find Launcher.exe (this is why you have to start the game once to make this work) change it from "0" to "1" to enable it for IL2COD. Now restart TS3 / TSnotifier again and hop into IL2COD. You should have an overlay!
    Here's what it looks like on my screen with both of our mic's keyed up. When noone is talking it's virtually invisible. Very cool! Enjoy!

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover

Great stuff, will give it a whirl when I get back to town.

Cheers
    Craig

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Is it Steam Anti-Cheat friendly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by [Wiking]Staf.Keller View Post
    Is it Steam Anti-Cheat friendly?
    Yes sir! Use away without worry.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Very Handy Bliss. Nice Find.

Spinfx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    Hi all. Here's an overlay that works great for IL2COD. I run Win7 x64 and it works flawlessly for me. It's nice thing to have with only one monitor. That way you can always know who's talking and who's in your channel while in game.

Download from here: http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/SetupTSNotifierV1.4.7.msi

Choose the top one (installer) and let it install. Next start the program and enable it (tsnotifyer). Now go into the game once and exit (it will not work initially). Now go into the gamesettings.ini (in tsnotifier there's an option for "edit gamesettings.ini) - Once inside it will look something similar to this:

Once you find Launcher.exe (this is why you have to start the game once to make this work) change it from "0" to "1" to enable it for IL2COD. Now restart TS3 / TSnotifier again and hop into IL2COD. You should have an overlay!
    Here's what it looks like on my screen with both of our mic's keyed up. When noone is talking it's virtually invisible. Very cool! Enjoy!

My version of TS3 API is 13 and the tsnotifier version is 14, not compatable. How do I get a version of TS that's has API ver.14, I'm currently running TS3 ver.301. Also will there be issues with anyone running API ver.13 if I'm running ver.14? Thanks TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Strange. Do you have a screen shot of the error? Do you have the latest version of TS3 installed.

My steps were essentially: Shut off TS3, download notifier, install notifier, turn on TS3, go to settings/setting wizard and enable TS3 overlay. Start IL2/close IL2, go to config for notifier and change the launcher to 1. Shut down TS3 and notifier. Start TS3, then start notifier, fire up game, and it works.

I've never checked anything to do with plugins with regards to TS3. The notifier automatically installed, and once I found out you had to enable TS3 overlay through setting wizard, it's worked perfectly ever since.

Could you put up a screen shot of the error you're having?

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I get the same message, and TSNotifier won't show anything when online, although it does run the overlay enabled message across the screen. Post a s/s later, doing some research on it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Strange. Do you have a screen shot of the error? Do you have the latest version of TS3 installed.

My steps were essentially: Shut off TS3, download notifier, install notifier, turn on TS3, go to settings/setting wizard and enable TS3 overlay. Start IL2/close IL2, go to config for notifier and change the launcher to 1. Shut down TS3 and notifier. Start TS3, then start notifier, fire up game, and it works.

I've never checked anything to do with plugins with regards to TS3. The notifier automatically installed, and once I found out you had to enable TS3 overlay through setting wizard, it's worked perfectly ever since.

Could you put up a screen shot of the error you're having?
    I finally got it to work, needed to reboot my system after the second restart of the game for the launch.exe to show up in the gamesetting.ini, once I did that everything worked fine, Now there is one little problem, Fraps doesn't work in the game with the tsnotifier running, (launch.exe has stopped working) however I can use the ingame fps counter, you may want to look into the incompatability with Fraps. Thanks for the help and the program. TC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks, works like a champ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by too-cool View Post
    however I can use the ingame fps counter TC
    My question is how do we bring up the FPS Counter in game?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Well, there's 2 out of 3 got it working! Any luck with yours Rudelmann?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefRedCloud View Post
    My question is how do we bring up the FPS Counter in game?
    Open up the dev console. I believe it's either TAB or the tilda key by default.

Type: fps START SHOW (yes caps and spacing make a difference).

The in-game tool works really well.

Edit: Don't try to do this while flying as opening the console will make your controls unusable until it's closed again. :

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Negative, I've gotten the guys at TSNotifier advising, but some reason my API still can't get high enough to work. Here's a screen of my post asking for help as well as the error I'm getting.

TSNotifier Error.jpg
    Last edited by 5./JG27Rudelmann; Nov-08-2011 at 01:12.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 5./JG27Rudelmann View Post
    Negative, I've gotten the guys at TSNotifier advising, but some reason my API still can't get high enough to work. Here's a screen of my post asking for help as well as the error I'm getting.

TSNotifier Error.jpg
    You need the beta version of TS3, ver.3.0.2 to get it to work. look in you TS3 dir. and find the file label update.ini or it may say update configuration setting.ini, open it in word/note pad and change the beta= to beta=true or if you updat file already says true then change to false, save and then check the help section in TS for updates, that should allow you to download the updated beta ver.3.0.2. If after opening the update file there is nothing in it then add the following lines as you see them below. TC

[channel]
    beta=true
    Last edited by too-cool; Nov-08-2011 at 02:31.
    Shooting Me Down Is Child Abuse And That's Against The Law

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

omg.. That did it.

I know I know..should've gone to ts-site my self..

THX so much Bliss & too-cool !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

The FPS counter was an error on my part. namely I did not have the "Open Console" identified with a key. So IT could not work. Works fine now. Thanks all ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Well, there's 2 out of 3 got it working! Any luck with yours Rudelmann?

Open up the dev console. I believe it's either TAB or the tilda key by default.

Type: fps START SHOW (yes caps and spacing make a difference).

The in-game tool works really well.

Edit: Don't try to do this while flying as opening the console will make your controls unusable until it's closed again. :
    Hi Bliss
    I have TSnotifier working in COD, my question is how to get Fraps working with the TSnotifier, it I start Fraps and TSnotifier the game crashes and I have to Ctrl Alt Del to desktop were the error msg says that Launcher.exe has stopped working. If I disable Fraps then everything is OK but with Fraps and TSnotifier both game crashes everytime. Any Idea's, I also tried to change the 0 to 1 in gamesetting.ini under both Fraps.exe and Fraps.dat. no luck. Thanks TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by too-cool View Post
    Hi Bliss
    I have TSnotifier working in COD, my question is how to get Fraps working with the TSnotifier, it I start Fraps and TSnotifier the game crashes and I have to Ctrl Alt Del to desktop were the error msg says that Launcher.exe has stopped working. If I disable Fraps then everything is OK but with Fraps and TSnotifier both game crashes everytime. Any Idea's, I also tried to change the 0 to 1 in gamesetting.ini under both Fraps.exe and Fraps.dat. no luck. Thanks TC
    I wouldn't know how to get Fraps working with it. Heck, I've yet to get FRAPS working in-game since it's release lol. I do have the paid version as well

I guess the 2 programs conflict with each other.. That sux!

Perhaps when we finally get the revised graphics engine, TS3's built in overlay will start working and we won't need the notifiyer anymore?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

I wouldn't know how to get Fraps working with it. Heck, I've yet to get FRAPS working in-game since it's release lol. I do have the paid version as well

I guess the 2 programs conflict with each other.. That sux!

Perhaps when we finally get the revised graphics engine, TS3's built in overlay will start working and we won't need the notifiyer anymore?
    OK thanks for the reply. TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Yes sir! Use away without worry.
    Bliss I saw a post today on the steam forum under VAC that TS3 Overlays were consider cheats and would get you banned, were did you get the information that TSnotifier Overlay would not earn you a VAC Ban? TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Hmm,

Can you link me to the posting? I've been using overlays for ventrilo for as long as I can remember, and now for TS3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Hmm,

Can you link me to the posting? I've been using overlays for ventrilo for as long as I can remember, and now for TS3.
    It's located under VAC Discussions. TC

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...splay.php?f=35

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

If it's under "banned for using ts3 plugin?, I wouldn't worry. As mentioned further down in the post fraps uses a similar hook dll and falls under the same definition.

ATAG_WatchMan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_WatchMan View Post
    If it's under "banned for using ts3 plugin?, I wouldn't worry. As mentioned further down in the post fraps uses a similar hook dll and falls under the same definition.

ATAG_WatchMan.
    I hope you're right, but I'll stop using it for a while and monitor that forum for any post on the subject. Thanks TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

Cool Re: Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover

Wow that works a charm,I know a lot of the guys now without needing it but it's fantastic when someone I do not know starts talking.A great way make people feel comfortable when you can reply to them using their name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_WatchMan View Post

ATAG_WatchMan.
    Also a couple of the posts further down in that thread have a link to a forum where the OP is banned from a server for using an aimbot. I think if the started handing out VAC bans for such things then Steam would go rapidly downhill.
    I also read in the VAC forums that you will know if the server is VAC protected because it will display a message when you log on to the server telling you so. If this is the case then we can assume that currently CLoD is not subject to the VAC system as yet.
    The VAC forums also state that not all servers are VAC protected, so my logic says that it will be a server side decision whether to turn it on or not when it is rolled out for CLoD.
    Does anyone else know how this works and what will get you banned? I'm currently using the FXAA mod and the TS3 overlay plus Freetrack, that must hook in to the game as well. Is there a whitelist or a blacklist? Has that dammed RED Spy from TF2 been a VAC agent all along, disguised as my girlfriend standing behind me with a knife drawn ready to p.........................
    Last edited by Bokonon; Nov-16-2011 at 15:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7849-RADZ-6869

The VAC system reliably detects cheats using their cheat signatures. Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban. This includes modifications to a game's core executable files and dynamic link libraries.
    The following will not trigger a VAC ban:

Using chat programs like X-Fire
    System hardware configurations
    Updated system drivers, such as video card drivers
    I think the key here is "cheat signatures". According to that, if the program/plugin has not been reported as a cheat, it will not be included on the "cheat signatures" VAC looks for.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I was using TS Notifier until the FRAPS conflict started to annoy me. The native TS3 Overlay plugin now works for CoD if you make the following edit in the plugin's config_user.ini:

[LAUNCHER.EXE]
    dll.force_loading=true

See their forum here for more details.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Can't seem to get TS overlay to work, so do I include this entry in the TS folder or do I need to do something in the COD folder, and will it now work with Fraps and not crash the game? Thanks TC

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yes, the Overlay plugin works fine with FRAPS. You need to enable the plugin in TS3 as here:

The .ini file is in the C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\ts3overlay folder (or similar). Maybe there is a config_default.ini file instead of config_user.ini but I can't remember.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast