Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Fusion Friday Update - 22nd November 2013 - Bits and Bobs ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Team Fusion Friday Update - 22nd November 2013 - Bits and Bobs ;)

Hi everyone. Well two-weeks seems to race by! That means finding new information to share is a little tricky as we are still working out the roadmap and routes it will follow on the way to TF v5.00

Since v4.00 was released, we are pleased to see such a positive amount of feedback regarding the work that was released and also we do appreciate people taking the time to file bug reports.

Regarding bug reports, not all those reports are related to work we have produced but that doesn't mean that we aren't interested in them or that they wont be looked at...it just means that we have further (where possible) work to undertake and try and patch all the legacy issues while creating many new features.

With that in mind, this week testing is underway on v4.01 which will fix a few of the issues that have been reported with v4.00, especially the Ai aircraft 'lawn-darting'! This was down to the Ai not being able to cope with the new FM's, so although we lost quite a few Ai in testing, their sacrifice was necessary and much appreciated. Team Fusion v4.01 is (if testing goes well) expected out within the next two-weeks BUT ONLY if testing goes as well as it is currently doing.

Team Fusion has also adapted a Dynamic Campaign Generator to use with CloD. This will be with TF 4.01 although campaigns to go with it will need to be developed by the community, as of yet we haven't built any.

Something I'd like to bring attention to and that maybe never got read or was missed and is a significant comment that may be of interest to enthusiastic/potential modders.

Regarding Modding and Modders, Team Fusion member RAF74_Buzzsaw said:

"While we have no problem with other mod teams working on creating their own project, for the purposes of Team Fusion, we need a group of very experienced people who will work together towards specific goals and according to specific timetables. We don't want an uncoordinated series of mods done to different standards and to different priorities.

Everything which we as a team have done has been according to a structure set up after analysing the game's failures and setting goals to correct those failures.

As we move past the stage of correcting the original game's bugs and into creating new material, once again, the efforts of the team have to be organized so as to move us all in the same direction.

Opening the mod structure to one which accepts any and all submissions, without regards to goals or standards will lead to a mismatched set of new objects and elements.

We welcome new members of the team all the time, if anyone feels they can contribute and are willing to work as a member of a team, we'd be happy to hear from them".

Currently Team Fusion is a small group all working closely together to improve CloD and take it to new levels of detail while improving the experience for everyone who plays it. As Buzzsaw mentioned, you may have the expertise we are looking for, so PM's will always be read and answered if you feel you have something to offer?

Now, regarding current development. Seriously, as I mentioned before there isn't much at-all to show

The thing is, fixes in code or improvements in Netcode, Ai, FM all are really invisible to show in screen shots. Hopefully the following images attached will give you an idea of just a few of the small bits and pieces we are adding? As always, images, features, models, etc, etc are all very much WiP and may not make it into the release. However, it's important that you know that we are still working away behind the scenes to create new features and improve CloD and hopefully make it the Sim it was always destined to be.

The next update should appear around the 6th of December, but please understand, if there really isn't much to talk about, the updates will be brief. Currently we really are just in development talks as to where we go with our next patch. Also note, updates aren't obligatory so if we do miss a Friday please don't go into meltdown thinking we don't care, we've downed tools or we've vanished off the face of the earth! We do this in our spare time, for free and to advance our hobby as much as we can.We intend to be here for a long time to come, but imagine picking up a phone when you have nothing to talk about...it's awkward to develop a conversation out of that...and that's exactly what it's like if there has not been any 'visual' work to report. Also, we are working on a new Theatre of Operations and we are not ready to share news about this yet. A lot of the work is focused on this, so cannot (yet) be detailed. This is another reason why only small bits and pieces are being released as we work our way through the difficult areas of coding and modelling

Anyway, that's all for now, cheers, MP/TF

New Harbour landmarks. All in early testing stages:

Folkstone Harbour.jpg

Dunkirk Harbour.jpg

Calais Harbour.jpg

A test from a while back that is still under revision but worth investigating; Spline Hedgerows:

hedgerowcod.jpg

U-Boat Pen's. Early model work, only completed for testing in the last week:

uboat1d.jpg

uboat1.jpg

Barrage Balloon net. Early model work, only completed for testing in the last week:

Barrage.jpg

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Re: Team Fusion Friday Update - 22nd November 2013 - Bits and Bobs ;)

Cheers MP
    https://ibb.co/vqQKb5H

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Thank you for taking the time

Manual Creation Group Sandy1942's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I take off the hat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    141.17 MB

Always look forward to anything TF /Mysticpuma has in way of news, thanks gentlemen

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Sounds great, thanks for the update! Thanks for all that you guys do!
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Great stuff MP,and those new harbours look superb!

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the update Mystic

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Awesome harbour landmarks. Landmarks are huge factor in immersion, and navigation.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Mystic, what happened to the shoreline wave effect, it disappeared with v4.0 and isnt there in these new harbour shots? Was there a reason for disabling it? Harbour details look great btw !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the status update!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Zappatime View Post
    Mystic, what happened to the shoreline wave effect, it disappeared with v4.0 and isnt there in these new harbour shots? Was there a reason for disabling it? Harbour details look great btw !
    Nothing to worry about. The shots are just to show the landmarks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post

U-Boat Pen's. Early model work, only completed for testing in the last week:

uboat1d.jpg

uboat1.jpg
    Was it just me or did every Blenheim pilot get a shiver up their spine at the prospect of skip bombing U-Boats hiding in those pens?

Thanks for the update. It's great to hear things are going well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Never in the field of human virtual conflict has so much enjoyment been given to so many by so few.

For me the fixing of the premature boost overheat and the lawn darting AI will be pretty much all I could want (well maybe rear guns that always fire when u pull the trigger) but u guys are going new levels of awsome.
    A very big THANK YOU TF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Wink Re: Team Fusion Friday Update - 22nd November 2013 - Bits and Bobs ;)

Thank you for taking the time TF

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hats off to TF's organisational skills, as a team stretched far and wide it cant be easy to get everybody 'singing from the same hymn book' so to speak, the team's results so far are fantastic and us 'watchers not the do-ers' should be very grateful. Looking forward to v5.0 with great anticipation, keep up the good work guys.
    Last edited by Zappatime; Nov-23-2013 at 05:57.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Great stuff as always TF!

Looking forward to checking the new stuff out, hedgerows! maybe, at last!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Thanks MP...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Looking good MP. I have to say that for me, the quality of the graphics, or maybe I should say just the look of the sim when I spawn in and take off on a mid afternoon mission is the best it has ever looked. While I'll admit that I'm not a fan of the winter nightime map (can't get a Prince tune out of my head) the "normal" daytime missions look really excellent. It runs really well on my rig too.
    Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k@3.5ghz-Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3. http://9jg52.com/

Glückliche sieben

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Great news about the lawn dart fix.

Look forward to the opportunity to play with the dynamic campaign generator.

Any info or advice you can give on how to prepare to make content for it would be greatly appreciated - it is by chance based on the work by Enlightened Florist?

H

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A question for the history buffs :- Just out of curiosity, where do the sub pens fit in to our current map? I know very little about subs and assumed all the sub pens were on the Atlantic coast or Northern Germany with the nearest being Brest or Wilhelmshaven. Does the map stretch to Brest?
    56sqn US@R - Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com/

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) > AMD Athlon II X4 605e @ 2300MHz
    16Gb RAM > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Roblex View Post
    A question for the history buffs :- Just out of curiosity, where do the sub pens fit in to our current map? I know very little about subs and assumed all the sub pens were on the Atlantic coast or Northern Germany with the nearest being Brest or Wilhelmshaven. Does the map stretch to Brest?
    Hey Roblex..

Take a look at this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_pen

It also gives you a little map of where they were mostly placed... You are right though as they were very scarce during the BoB from what I can see
    https://ibb.co/vqQKb5H

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.26 MB

Smile Re: Team Fusion Friday Update - 22nd November 2013 - Bits and Bobs ;)

Hi everybody

I would like to know if it will be a new axis configuration menu in the next patch fix 4.01, (menu like in the IL2 that lets you modify joystick and rudder curves) or it will be delayed to patch v 5.

Goodbye and Gooood flights

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    360.3 KB

Thanks for posting this update. Harbours are looking great!!!!

S!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the update!

There wouldn't be any submarine pens for the BoB timescale, I believe. Didn't they only build them much later?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Building for the future

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Building for the future

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks mystic. It all look very good.
    http://www.311raf.com/images/signature/sigsmall_Cibule.jpg

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by heinkill View Post
    Great news about the lawn dart fix.

Look forward to the opportunity to play with the dynamic campaign generator.

Any info or advice you can give on how to prepare to make content for it would be greatly appreciated - it is by chance based on the work by Enlightened Florist?

H
    bump any info about the dynamic campaign generator?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast