Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynamo

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Re: Dynamo

Quote Originally Posted by tomekdm View Post
    Hello all,
    Few weeks ago there were some works on this map and since that time tab 4 is not working properly (at least for reds). Tab 4-1 option hangs when trying to choose chain home. After that there is no possibility to do anything with tab 4 (also call AI bomb raid).

Regards
    tomekdm (303_Barn_Swallow)
    PS. Great classic map
    Did you use the '0' ie - back - option while in the tab menu? That has screwed things up for players in the past. I know this problem has happened to me a lot as well. Could more players confirm this or add their experience with malfunctioning tab menus? Is it just this mission or are there more? If memory recalls correct it can happen in just about any of them..

In the meantime - I'll be looking into it, as I was the last one to add tab4 stuff to Gruber's excellent missions..sorry in advance if I screwed something up! (Yes I'm Canadian)

~S~

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    Did you use the '0' ie - back - option while in the tab menu? That has screwed things up for players in the past. I know this problem has happened to me a lot as well. Could more players confirm this or add their experience with malfunctioning tab menus? Is it just this mission or are there more? If memory recalls correct it can happen in just about any of them..

In the meantime - I'll be looking into it, as I was the last one to add tab4 stuff to Gruber's excellent missions..sorry in advance if I screwed something up! (Yes I'm Canadian)

~S~
    Hello again,
    TAB 4-1 freeze up at the moment of selecting chain home (0 - back option - was not used). Yesterday on this map I asked few people both sides and they had the same issue. As there were more than 50 players we could not verify possiblity of calling AI bomb raid. As far as I know this problem is occurring only on this map.

regards
    Barn

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

I found the problem and sent in the update. It was just a little tid-bit of script in the wrong place, rendering the entire tab-4 menu for the red and blue team useless (AI and CH Radar). I'm surprised more people didn't say anything!

However, I thank you for the feedback and we can all enjoy this mission more, now that it is back to working as intended, thanks to you.

4. Likes ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Updated

John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

The 'tab-0' problem should be fixed if Freya's code is using the iteration I had. It was just a logic error in the menu system that was fairly easily fixed. There's nothing actually wrong with the 'back' option in the CloD menus. It's all dependant on the mission builder's code.

At this point, the 'don't use 0' mentality is kind of a CloDism that's a hold over from the very early days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by No.401_Wolverine View Post
    The 'tab-0' problem should be fixed if Freya's code is using the iteration I had. It was just a logic error in the menu system that was fairly easily fixed. There's nothing actually wrong with the 'back' option in the CloD menus. It's all dependant on the mission builder's code.

At this point, the 'don't use 0' mentality is kind of a CloDism that's a hold over from the very early days.
    Ah OK, I wasn't sure about that one. Should be all good then! I think HG's and any other mission with radar on ATAG servers are using your iteration, or slightly modified form of.

For this particular case, someone misplaced a 'menupartradaroperations' (or something like that) in the wrong line. Must been copy/pasting too fast, too late at night, after too many beer, during a storm, uphill both ways...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    32.55 MB

I'm too lazy to think to write in english. If you are interested translate using google translator

Portuguese:
    Não sei se notaram mas nós brasileiros estamos boicotando as missões que só tem BF109 E3 e E1. Não estamos voando elas. Motivo: Ninguém quer voar com esses aviões.
    Eu voo de vermelho de vez em quando e o Spitfire 1a (100 octano) é um avião que faz frente ao E4 facilmente, contra E3 e E1 então é até covardia. Deveriam colocar o Spitfire 1a e não o 100 octano.
    Se ao menos essas missões tivessem G.50, mas E3 e E1 não queremos voar e as missões não possuem G.50.
    Quando entram essas missões nós nem perdemos tempo entrando no servidor, ficamos conversando no TS ou jogando outros jogos.

Achei melhor falar isso porque senão ninguém fala que estamos descontentes com essas missões e ninguém fica sabendo do descontentamento.
    Talvez não adiante nada esse desabafo mas ao menos ficam sabendo que não iremos voar.

Hoje foram duas missões seguidas só de E1 e E3 no servidor. Ninguém voou e desculpe, mas não vamos voar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudério View Post
    I'm too lazy to think to write in english. If you are interested translate using google translator

Portuguese:
    Não sei se notaram mas nós brasileiros estamos boicotando as missões que só tem BF109 E3 e E1. Não estamos voando elas. Motivo: Ninguém quer voar com esses aviões.
    Eu voo de vermelho de vez em quando e o Spitfire 1a (100 octano) é um avião que faz frente ao E4 facilmente, contra E3 e E1 então é até covardia. Deveriam colocar o Spitfire 1a e não o 100 octano.
    Se ao menos essas missões tivessem G.50, mas E3 e E1 não queremos voar e as missões não possuem G.50.
    Quando entram essas missões nós nem perdemos tempo entrando no servidor, ficamos conversando no TS ou jogando outros jogos.

Achei melhor falar isso porque senão ninguém fala que estamos descontentes com essas missões e ninguém fica sabendo do descontentamento.
    Talvez não adiante nada esse desabafo mas ao menos ficam sabendo que não iremos voar.

Hoje foram duas missões seguidas só de E1 e E3 no servidor. Ninguém voou e desculpe, mas não vamos voar.

Você ama este jogo? Um desafio é bom para você, e pode ser divertido com os amigos. Há sempre algo para fazer, mesmo quando as probabilidades estão contra você. Estou usando o google tradutor então eu espero que isso é compreensível e não ofensiva! ataque ataque ataque !!

~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Small update sent:

Version 'd' changelog:

Oye Plage strengthened by 3000kgs (11000kgs now required)

Blenheim VF added to Oye

E-3 added to Mervilles

Spit 1a 100oct only available at Eastchurch (Spit I 100s still available in place of older spawns of the Ia)

Time change - 7:30 AM (was 10AM)

*note: over the course of the next few weeks, I'll be making small changes to some missions while we wait for updates from TFS. Any rational concerns, requests, and bug reports can be sent to me by PM pls

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    Small update sent:

Version 'd' changelog:

Oye Plage strengthened by 3000kgs (11000kgs now required)

Blenheim VF added to Oye

E-3 added to Mervilles

Spit 1a 100oct only available at Eastchurch (Spit I 100s still available in place of older spawns of the Ia)

Time change - 7:30 AM (was 10AM)

*note: over the course of the next few weeks, I'll be making small changes to some missions while we wait for updates from TFS. Any rational concerns, requests, and bug reports can be sent to me by PM pls

Good to know that Oye Plage was increased to 11k of bombs. No wonder we had a difficult time taking it out. Thanks for the updates Freya.

12. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Just a recommendation.

Shelf Dynamo for a while.

Numbers are dropping when this map comes on.

14. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Remove Dunkirk? Might just as well remove the Battle of Britain. In my opinion, "Dynamo" is one of the best maps in the entire game because of its historic roots and variation of mission objectives.

Numbers seem to be dropping across the entire spectrum of maps. Whether it's the defects in the game like score keeping or simply the time of year, the number of players is declining significantly. This spring is the first time I've ever seen player numbers drop into single digits regularly and down to one or two on many weekdays.

Hopefully it's simply the summery weather that's distracting many of us.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

16. Likes DRock, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

It's a good map, but just like a favorite movie, the repetition gets old.

When blue shuts down Oye Plage, even more red leave.

I agree that the summer in northern hemisphere are partially to blame for lower numbers.

18. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

The weather here has been superb.

I've been flying the BBQ. It has a really great rate of fire.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

20. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Mountains of Bulgaria, beaches of Spain and Italy, UK when I have to
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    246.12 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    Just a recommendation.

It's a shame to shelve any mission. Maybe another approach is to see what is keeping players away and then make the necessary adjustments.

In my opinion, Dynamo and Fall Rot desperately need the inclusion of a standard E4 on the blue side. Manual prop pitch management is tough and it's obviously the main reason why there aren't many blue pilots on those maps.

Personally, I don't mind sacrificing some historical accuracy in favour of higher player numbers. It's an easy change so why not try it for a while and just see if it helps.

Prey

My not so expensive COD rig:
    Windows 7 64 bit
    ASRock b75m r2 motherboard - new
    Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.4ghz - used
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB - used
    8gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 ram - new
    Samsung 250gb 850 EVO ssd - new
    EVGA 500 B power supply - new
    Thrustmaster T16000m stick - new
    EDTracker - used / DELAN CLIP PS3 CAMERA - new
    CH Gameport Pro Pedals - used

22. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

As a bomber pilot I love Dynamo !!! and will always play when it on, lots of fun targets

now London Ruft makes no sense to me with very confusing targets
    New Dawn Faded I will always avoid, very few targets and some need a 20 minute flight
    and neither have the emersion factor as they are hypothetical

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

24. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

I know the toughened up Oye Palge quite a bit. I know a good AAA Gunner stationed at Oye can keep Oye alive alot longer than Standard AI. Too bad more don't jump on AAA when the enmy arrives. I would like to see more manable Borfors there to jump on.once the couple manable ones are taken out it's way more vulnerable. I like the G50S on all the maps, and I hope they stay. I believe it's a combination of the nice weather, and the lack of TFS updates that have the numbers going down. I know they are working hard behind the scenes..but the updates keep people excited and engaged in the Sim through the warm weather seasons. Hopefully the new PR guy gets to stop something on us soon. I'm excited to see who it is, I still haven't seen who it is yet. Did I miss an announcement?..haha
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

26. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    I know the toughened up Oye Palge quite a bit. I know a good AAA Gunner stationed at Oye can keep Oye alive alot longer than Standard AI. Too bad more don't jump on AAA when the enmy arrives. I would like to see more manable Borfors there to jump on.once the couple manable ones are taken out it's way more vulnerable. I like the G50S on all the maps, and I hope they stay. I believe it's a combination of the nice weather, and the lack of TFS updates that have the numbers going down. I know they are working hard behind the scenes..but the updates keep people excited and engaged in the Sim through the warm weather seasons. Hopefully the new PR guy gets to stop something on us soon. I'm excited to see who it is, I still haven't seen who it is yet. Did I miss an announcement?..haha
    No G50s in Dynamo.

I prefer fun over historic.

28. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    379.6 KB

Regardless of the map's pros and cons, it does currently have an indisputably negative effect on server attendance. I can think of many evenings where Dynamo came on with a well populated server and within minutes the bulk of players left and the server never recovered for the rest of the night. Fall Rot is even more potent in this regard. And when you consider that attendance on the server is dwindling now anyway, I really think something needs to be done about it before we start seeing people get more entrenched in other sims/games because of it. When I see the map pop and the server clear out, I just make a quick check at the Stalingrad and DCS servers and can often find many familiar faces getting in their flying time elsewhere. Let's not inadvertently put in the last coffin nail in this community by sticking by something that is driving people away to other sims.

When Dynamo was shelved and then brought back, I was EXCITED for it. I think a little time on the bench would be a positive thing.

EDIT: Were G.50's removed from Dynamo??????

30. Likes ATAG_Snapper, DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Good input, gents.

It’s all a work-in-progress, and players’ constructive critique and suggestions are very much appreciated and strongly considered. We have a very strong map builder-server crew now, so look forward to a steady progression of mission improvements that are now ongoing.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    Just a recommendation.

Good input, DRock. Rather than taking it out of rotation, I think we have some good ideas in response to your post to make it more playable for everyone. Stay tuned!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

33. Likes DRock, Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Yeah..I see nothing wrong with subtle tweaks to keep missions fresh.I don't think the G50S were removed..we're they?
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

35. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Last night, Dynamo was hosting twenty players on each side with the "Englanders" already in bed for the night.
    That's tops for most maps lately. I just don't see the problem...
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    Last night, Dynamo was hosting twenty players on each side with the "Englanders" already in bed for the night.
    That's tops for most maps lately. I just don't see the problem...
    Actually, a few people left because of the map, but we decided to make the best of it and turn the map. What choice did we have if we wanted to play. That was the map on.

No G50s.

I'm not sure why g50s aren't available in every map. Not historic? Not like they are a game changer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

I enjoy coming in at the top of Dynamo flying the Blennie MkIVF From Oye Plage. It's simply a welcome change from flying long haul, plus the opportunity to fly the MkIVF in an effective roll.The armoured column targets are very close and attainable even with only 40lb bombs / strafing. Without Oye Plage things resort to the more typical scenario flying from UK bases.

Last night as one of the 1st in the map I managed 4 Blennie IVF sorties to local targets. During my 5th trip Oye Plage and the BEF target fell. It was maybe 20-30 minutes in. Then I went for dinner.

I don't know if there's much at fault with this map over any other. I see it being more just the nature of players. There are those who simply won't fly outside their prefered a/c and will happily start on the other side of the map to do so. In this case a determined Blue effort took out Oye Plage and the BEF relatively unchallenged due to the lack of Hurricane pilots. "Where's the RAF ?" I've heard said before.

I'm still quite new to flying online and not 'qualified' to complain but see how repetition is the worst negative. Whatever changes occur can only help in that regard. I'm an enthusiastic but pretty crap fighter pilot. I let those with far more experience own the higher alt fight while I fumble about in Blennies and occasional Hurricanes.

There are players concerned with objectives while others only look for the furball. How do you cater to everyone ? I'd have thought a variety of maps / scenarios would be the answer. Yet here we are.

I thank all involved in creating these maps. I wish I were that clever.

Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Jun-18-2018 at 11:51.

39. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

I enjoy flying Hurricanes out of Oye Plage, but it is too easy to take out. Most times Blues are all in fighters, so it lasts a while, but it seems like it only takes one JU-88 or 3-4 ME-110s to take it out, so if they sneak one in it is all over. I logged on last night and saw Oye Plage was gone, so I left.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

I think as of today(?) the server 1 is running the updated maps again, with great thanks to Oskar and Kiwi. A temporary switch back to the old maps happened when some stuff had to be sorted out. Now you should begin seeing a revised dynamo (marked v45.1 I think), with stronger Oye and Rely (still may need tweaking via future feedback), new AAA, and I think it's Devres that has g-50 and br-20. Was G-50 historic at Dunkirk? No. But they are so damn fun, I don't think it hurts!!

So when Dynamo comes on again, give it a go and by all means - constructive criticism will go a long way in keeping our old maps alive and well. And of course I will always be reminding everyone of the fact that we need more mission builders, fresh ideas, fresh maps to keep this server and game ticking along into the future years..

42. Likes Kayo, ATAG_Ribbs, DRock, Baffin, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

I like G50's

Especially if DRock's in one ....

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

44. Likes DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    I enjoy flying Hurricanes out of Oye Plage, but it is too easy to take out. Most times Blues are all in fighters, so it lasts a while, but it seems like it only takes one JU-88 or 3-4 ME-110s to take it out, so if they sneak one in it is all over. I logged on last night and saw Oye Plage was gone, so I left.
    Actually, last night Dynamo required 10,000kg.

...and we targeted Oye Plage first to see if RAF would leave, and some did. The long flight is a killer.

Many people feel the way I do about this map. Most don't speak out, they just leave.

Again, it's a good map, but requires very similar tactics to flip it each time. The dogfights are always the same in this one. Over Oye Plage.
    Last edited by DRock; Jun-18-2018 at 13:39.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knight View Post
    I like G50's

Especially if DRock's in one ....
    lol.

I try my best to provide the RAF with Italian cannon fodder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast