Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATAG's Server Commander For Download

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: ATAG's Server Commander For Download

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbat View Post
    Hi guys, i'm having a problem with this since i updated the server, i am getting the message

in the log in mission commander.

I can see the server is starting, and the mission starts loading, but before it can load the server commander closes the launcher down after the above error is displayed in the server commander.

Any ideas?

Just to add, i can start the server manually with no problems.

cheers fruitbat
    Make sure the TCP port in the confs.ini and in the commander match.
    Also, you might have some firewall blocking it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Two questions from a server administrator squadron mate:

Are there plans to further develop the Server Commander? Is it the same version that you use on ATAG?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DUI View Post
    Two questions from a server administrator squadron mate:

Are there plans to further develop the Server Commander? Is it the same version that you use on ATAG?
    No and Yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Make sure the TCP port in the confs.ini and in the commander match.
    Also, you might have some firewall blocking it.
    Got it working, thanks.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    You can do what Colander suggested, but another easy way to setup the correct realism settings is to launch the game and then start a server from within the game. Fill out all the fields (server name, realism settings etc.), then start the server. Exit the server. Exit the game. Then go to your documents/1csoftclub/IL2 / confs.ini (your server config for the game you just started the server on) and it should have all the fields filled out with the correct server settings in the realism lines. Then just copy and paste them over for your dedicated server's confs.ini.

The only real pre-commands you need are stuff like the server dot range or a load command to load a batch file with your server welcome messages. Of course you can add whatever you like in there, but the realism settings are already there in the confs.ini.
    Hey guys, I've just setup a new dedicated server, but I'm having the same issue with the realism settings. I've started a server in game manually, set all of the options and everything is OK, After exiting the server however, the confs.ini in the 1C SoftClub\IL-2 - MOD directory isn't being updated, but parts of the conf.ini are (ServerName for example, but I don't see any difficulty settings). The confs.ini is being by the Server Commander when starting...

- update
    I found the difficulty setting in the confuser.ini and copied that into the confs.ini and the realism settings are now as required
    Last edited by Highwayman-Ed; Apr-02-2014 at 09:01. Reason: Fixed the issue

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi all and many thanks to all ATAG for the great work you are doing for CloD community.

I'm try server commander (hosting server & playing on same box), i got the server up & running without problem. People can join mission OK. But when i try to connect i cannot join the server (not only my hosted DS, but all dedicated server in the list until i shutdown the commander).
    Could be an IP issue?
    Any ideas?

cheers 72sq_Sav.
    Last edited by 72sq_Savinio; May-13-2014 at 05:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Savinio View Post
    Hi all and many thanks to all ATAG for the great work you are doing for CloD community.

I'm try server commander (hosting server & playing on same box), i got the server up & running without problem. People can join mission OK. But when i try to connect i cannot join the server (not only my hosted DS, but all dedicated server in the list until i shutdown the commander).
    Could be an IP issue?
    Any ideas?

cheers 72sq_Sav.
    Hi Savinio,

I know this is going to sound strange, but I'm pretty sure the issue is you can't use the same launcher.exe as the commander. So if I remember right, I think I just copied the entire program files/IL2 folder and pasted it into a folder I called games in the root directory of the C drive. So Id start the commander with one game install and the join with another.

The reason is the commander keeps an eye on the launcher.exe process it's running on (keeping the server up 24/7) and if it sees 2 instances of the same launcher running it thinks there's a problem and tries to correct it.

Let me know if that gets it sorted out for you.

Bliss

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Savinio,

I know this is going to sound strange, but I'm pretty sure the issue is you can't use the same launcher.exe as the commander. So if I remember right, I think I just copied the entire program files/IL2 folder and pasted it into a folder I called games in the root directory of the C drive. So Id start the commander with one game install and the join with another.

The reason is the commander keeps an eye on the launcher.exe process it's running on (keeping the server up 24/7) and if it sees 2 instances of the same launcher running it thinks there's a problem and tries to correct it.

Let me know if that gets it sorted out for you.

Bliss
    Thanks for your patient Bliss, but learning process need time and i'm such a child at the moment.
    So; I've copy the entire game folder and paste it in "c:\dediserv\il2\launcher.exe" I’ve select this launcher.exe from commander setup.
    I’ve always "g:\il2_Clod\launcher.exe" to play the game.
    But it's true, sometimes when i start "game launcher" commander sees 2 instances closing and restarting "server launcher" and dedi server dont work. But the folder isn’t the same for server and game launcher....
    Some other I can enter in the game, see my server in dedicated serverlist and people join in but i can't.
    I've also change the folder of "game launcher" and "server launcher" but it seem to have no effects, sometimes it work, some other not, but always (when it work) i cant' connect and join server from dedicated server list in the game (i try to connect, my hosted dedicated server, ATAG server and other, the Client loading page start but loading dont and i can only return to the main dedicated server list page).
    I need to uninstall, reinstall and retry?
    Last edited by 72sq_Savinio; May-13-2014 at 09:10.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Solved. File conf.ini was uncorrect. I change some string and now it's running!

Thanks!
    See you on ATAG server!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

thanks ATAG_Bliss...

I remember... years ago...

I was playing commander at BF2 (Battlefield 2)

commander of red team... with 32 vs 32 on line players

oh man, I fill like... commander at Cliffs od Dover

in game you ask your team... can I be your commander...
    and players of your team got a vote about yes or no
    and server tell you... player you will be commander for this map(round)

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

I'm curious, is the watchdog constantly poling the running processes to see if the Launcher instance is running, and if not launching it? Or does it have a delay of some sort between checks? (I don't imagine the overhead is high either way?)

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

Been playing with this, I can't seem to get my server to show in the list. What would the name be anyway? Is there somewhere I set it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

I can't get a server to show up on the internet list. It shows up on LAN and missions run as they should. I've enabled port range forwarding on the router to allow 27015 and 27016. Have tried single port forwarding as well. I have allowed every 'launcher' through windows firewall and have also created allowance for the aforementioned port #'s. I run server commander (point it to) in a second install so as to use a single 'box' to fly from, and my confs.ini is this: (in the install pointed to by ATAG SC, also note that in SC setup the "launcher listener port" is set to 27015)

Code:
    [NET]
    serverName=TEST SERVER
    serverDescription=IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover 
    speed=15000
    localPort=27015
    SkinDownload=0
    maxPlayers=16
    serverInfo1=SI 1
    serverInfo2=SI 2
    serverInfo3=SI 3
    serverInfo4=SI 4
    VAC=0
    tryDirectConnect=1

[Console]
    IP=27015
    IPS=192.168.1.101
    LOG=0
    LOGTIME=0
    LOGFILE=logs.txt
    HISTORY=128
    HISTORYCMD=128
    WRAP=1
    PAUSE=1
    PAGE=20
    LOGKEEP=1

[BOB]
    difficulty=296222719
    enabledVoice=1
    enabledMusic=1
    [sound]
    SoundUse=0
    speakers=-1
    vgMaster=15
    vgMusic=15
    vgVoice=15
    [core]
    LinearObjectManager=1
    Roads=1
    SpawnHumans=1

[rts]
    scriptAppDomain = 0
    From what I've read through this post, that is the confs.ini that counts. Not the one in the shared [MOD] folder, the one in the main IL2 cliffs of dover folder (second install - used by SC), but even if I copy this into the mod folder, still no joy. I run a lynksys router with its common ip adress - 192.168.1.1 and my local IP is 192.168.1.101 , should my public IP address be in there somewhere? Does the conf.ini (not just the confs.ini) in the second (SC) install need any changing?

Any help much appreciated,
    Freya

edits: The firewall rules were in the 'inbound' section, any change need done in the "outbound" rule?
    Last edited by ATAG_Freya; Oct-27-2014 at 00:23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

@Freya

There you go bud: http://www.whatismyip.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Thanks Lolsav! I tried putting that in the -- IPS= -- line but it didn't work. I'll have another go at it just for fun. This is so much fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Still no go. I'm outta ideas, must be a problem with being behind a router. Or is it a steam thing? Plenty others seem to be able to do this yet I can't find any turorials, just bits of info here and there. I'll keep trying but hope is fading...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    Still no go. I'm outta ideas, must be a problem with being behind a router. Or is it a steam thing? Plenty others seem to be able to do this yet I can't find any turorials, just bits of info here and there. I'll keep trying but hope is fading...
    Generally it's because you're behind a router and it's not port forwarded correctly. Try direct connecting to 192.168.1.1 (most router's IPs) and you'll probably get in.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Generally it's because you're behind a router and it's not port forwarded correctly. Try direct connecting to 192.168.1.1 (most router's IPs) and you'll probably get in.
    Roger that, I can connect directly, but can other people? would they have to connect to my -(public address here):27015-? I'd really like to get this thing showing on the list, for the sake of ease. I'm sure I have the port forwarding set correctly, how much depends on the confs.ini in the server commander install? Is it my public or local address that goes in the IPS= line? I'm wondering if I need to check with my ISP for this one. It might just not be possible for me..(or I'm just too bloody thick in the head to figure it out <--my money's on that).

Veteran Combat pilot VII.Racetrack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

[SOLVED]
    Guys, I managed all to work properly and my friends can join and play as thay want on mine dedicated server but I have a problem, I assigned the "Copied" Launcher to the "ATAG_Server_Commander" and it runs pretty good, everytime i Launch the other Launcher the ATAG_Server_Commander restarts the server, and when i try to join the server ( once i managed to open the game without restart problems ) I can't join it, I simply remain stuck without no message and no load bar....

What am I doing wrong?

Thx for help
    [SOLVED]

Another question XDXDXD

How to set up the Server Password?
    Didn't find any tips :-S, I'm a noob and i can't be able to add - pwd password after the Launcher...
    Last edited by VII.Racetrack; Nov-06-2014 at 04:23.

"Volare è utile, atterrare è necessario"
    www.settimostormo.it

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by VII.Racetrack View Post
    [SOLVED]
    Guys, I managed all to work properly and my friends can join and play as thay want on mine dedicated server but I have a problem, I assigned the "Copied" Launcher to the "ATAG_Server_Commander" and it runs pretty good, everytime i Launch the other Launcher the ATAG_Server_Commander restarts the server, and when i try to join the server ( once i managed to open the game without restart problems ) I can't join it, I simply remain stuck without no message and no load bar....

What am I doing wrong?

Thx for help
    [SOLVED]

Another question XDXDXD

Didn't find any tips :-S, I'm a noob and i can't be able to add - pwd password after the Launcher...
    Go into the properties of Launcher.exe you are using for your server (not to join the game) and add the bold bits to your target line, for example: "G:\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -pwd yourpassword

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

[SOLVED]

What am I doing wrong?

Thx for help
    [SOLVED]

Another question XDXDXD

Also forgot you could do this right in the setup of the commander. DUH!

See below:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Also forgot you could do this right in the setup of the commander. DUH!

See below:

Thanks, I made it work with the second tips.. Thanks very much...
    Now I have another problem.. I can't find how to change server realism...
    It seems that those parameters are managed by a file called "confs"...
    I tried to make a "settings.cmd" with this command below and I put it on the same folder orf "b00a1".
    Also I added the command line in the prelauncher settings to male the commander run it.
    The commander seems to run it hundreds times but no change in the realism settings on the server.
    I can only change those parameters by changing the number named "difficulty" in the "confs" file.
    But I don't know the sense of numbers like "26789052" found there :-S

CONTENTS OF THE SETTINGS.CMD FILE
    ------------------------------------

difficulty AntropomorphicControl 0
    difficulty ComplexEManagement 0
    difficulty TorqueGyroEffects
    difficulty EngineTemperatureEffects 0
    difficulty FlutterEffects 1
    difficulty WindTurbulence 1
    difficulty StallSpins 1
    difficulty Vulnerabilty 1
    difficulty BlackoutsRedouts 1
    difficulty Realisticgunnery 1
    difficulty RealisticBombing 1
    difficulty LimitedAmmo 1
    difficulty LimitedFuel 1
    difficulty CockpitAlwaysOn 1
    difficulty NoOutsideViews 0
    difficulty HeadShake 0
    difficulty NoIcons 1
    difficulty NoPadlock 0
    difficulty Clouds 1
    difficulty TakeoffLanding 1
    difficulty RealisticLandings 1
    difficulty NoMapIcons 0
    difficulty NoMinimapPath 1
    difficulty NoAutopilot 1
    difficulty NoReplacementPlace 0
    difficulty NoReplacement 0
    difficulty NoSelect 0
    difficulty NoReplacementArmy 0
    difficulty NoSelectArmy 0
    difficulty NoCreate 0
    ------------------------------------

Any tips?
    Last edited by VII.Racetrack; Nov-09-2014 at 18:28.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

It seems that the Clod Server Commander wait for some seconds to let the launchere to start the battle, but if the launcher don't start after that time is passed the Commander close it.. Even in the case that the Launcher simply asked a little more time to start..

www.settimostormo.it

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

It seems that the Clod Server Commander wait for some seconds to let the launchere to start the battle, but if the launcher don't start after that time is passed the Commander close it.. Even in the case that the Launcher simply asked a little more time to start..
    Correct. It assumes that the server is hung or something. This way it doesn't stay waiting forever in some cases like steam not working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Correct. It assumes that the server is hung or something. This way it doesn't stay waiting forever in some cases like steam not working.
    Ok, how to set a longer "Idle" time?

www.settimostormo.it

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Ok, how to set a longer "Idle" time?
    Is hardcoded so a change in the source code is needed.

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    209.65 MB

You bloody well better hurry on finishing that along with the 10000000000 other things you are doing

Hi
    Thank you for the server commander very much!
    How can I set the realism and icon in my mission? I run the server commander,but all the planes can be started with one key...they don't have complex engine manager.
    I set the Reailsm in Options and Server--Realism,but no change
    it's very kind of you to tell me the key......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by hipparch View Post
    Hi
    Thank you for the server commander very much!
    How can I set the realism and icon in my mission? I run the server commander,but all the planes can be started with one key...they don't have complex engine manager.
    I set the Reailsm in Options and Server--Realism,but no change
    it's very kind of you to tell me the key......
    Hi hipparch,

The difficulty settings are located in the "confs.ini" file in your documents/ 1cSoftClub folder of the mod. The problem is these difficulty settings make no sense as they are only a long string of numbers. The easiest way to the correct realism settings is to start a server within the game lobby with the correct realism settings you want to use. Make sure you save your server in game and it will write those settings to your confs.ini file.

From there copy those realism settings from your confs.ini file over to the copy of the game you are using for the dedicated server.

I hope this makes sense!

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    209.65 MB

Hi hipparch,

The difficulty settings are located in the "confs.ini" file in your documents/ 1cSoftClub folder of the mod. The problem is these difficulty settings make no sense as they are only a long string of numbers. The easiest way to the correct realism settings is to start a server within the game lobby with the correct realism settings you want to use. Make sure you save your server in game and it will write those settings to your confs.ini file.

From there copy those realism settings from your confs.ini file over to the copy of the game you are using for the dedicated server.

I hope this makes sense!
    OK,the problem is solved~
    Another question is how to set the icon mode in detail?The Option--Realism is very simple, the icon includes type/ID/distace,can i show them respectively and set how far the aircraft can be seen like the icon in AXDogfight?
    I found if "Realism"--"No Map Icon" is not selected, i can see the friendly aircrafts in Map,but enemy aircrafts has all gone,how can i do with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by hipparch View Post
    OK,the problem is solved~
    Another question is how to set the icon mode in detail?The Option--Realism is very simple, the icon includes type/ID/distace,can i show them respectively and set how far the aircraft can be seen like the icon in AXDogfight?
    I found if "Realism"--"No Map Icon" is not selected, i can see the friendly aircrafts in Map,but enemy aircrafts has all gone,how can i do with it?
    Hi hipparch,

Have a look at this link: http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...ge_Base&cat=77

That is for the original IL2, but many of the server commands are very similar. If you are in the dedicated server window (the black DOS looking box), I believe you can type the word "help" and get a list of commands within the dedicated server.

There is a part of the ATAG server commander where you add these commands so your server is automatically started with the right icon, dot pitch, or other settings also. It is called "Launcher Pre-mission Commands". Simply put your special commands in that section and your server will always start that way.

Here's a few commands from the old game as examples:

Code:
    mp_dotrange 14
    sets the distance which aircraft show up as dots (pixels) on the horizon. In this case, it's 14km.

Code:
    mp_dotrange FRIENDLY COLOR 0.1 DOT 15 RANGE 5 TYPE 0.1 ID 0.1 NAME 2.5

mp_dotrange FOE COLOR 0.1 DOT 15 RANGE 0.1 TYPE 0.1 ID 0.1 NAME 0.1
    And what those codes mean on the friendly icons

Code:
    Aircraft dot 15km
    Range 5km
    Pilot name 2.5km
    All other 100m
    Hopefully you can get it figured out with this information. Sorry I can't help you better with the icon setup as I have never messed with it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast