Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Air Combat Group - Allied and Axis pilots interested in immersion and group flying

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Air Combat Group - Allied and Axis pilots interested in immersion and group flyin

LOL nice
    Regia Aeronautica
    Luftwaffe > Weiß 7
    Regia Aeronautica >
    R.A.F. >

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Air Combat Group - Allied and Axis pilots interested in immersion and group flyin

Hello, I'm a new pilot who had never play Cliffs of Dover before because my PC just not power enough to smoothly run this beast. I played 2 years offline IL2-1946, most of the time just train my self about take off, land and shoot. Last week I finally bought a new setup of PC which has a nvidia GTX970 card, it should be very nice to play this game, but the Windows 8.1 OS is terrible, I got frame rate drop down to 1 or 2 for every 3 seconds when I play on ATAG server. After ~30 stories I got only 3 air kills, I tried to change settings, tune graphic options, even upgraded my internet plan, no help at all. So I downgraded my OS to Windows 7 yesterday, now it eventually running smooth like silk. So yesterday and today I had two stories with the first time no stutter, confirmed 12 air kills during last two stories (got killed twice early today though), so now I'm happy with the PC performance ATM.

I fly BF-109 exclusively, especially E4 variant, I really wish to join a squad and know some new friends. I live in New York and can speak some English (English is not my natural language though). Really appreciate if some squad could let me in. Thank you.

BTW: My in game name is LOSA, stands for Low SA. I killed one G50 today because I couldn't tell the difference between a G50 and a Hurricane from its six

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by liu3gz View Post
    Hello, I'm a new pilot who had never play Cliffs of Dover before because my PC just not power enough to smoothly run this beast. I played 2 years offline IL2-1946, most of the time just train my self about take off, land and shoot. Last week I finally bought a new setup of PC which has a nvidia GTX970 card, it should be very nice to play this game, but the Windows 8.1 OS is terrible, I got frame rate drop down to 1 or 2 for every 3 seconds when I play on ATAG server. After ~30 stories I got only 3 air kills, I tried to change settings, tune graphic options, even upgraded my internet plan, no help at all. So I downgraded my OS to Windows 7 yesterday, now it eventually running smooth like silk. So yesterday and today I had two stories with the first time no stutter, confirmed 12 air kills during last two stories (got killed twice early today though), so now I'm happy with the PC performance ATM.

I fly BF-109 exclusively, especially E4 variant, I really wish to join a squad and know some new friends. I live in New York and can speak some English (English is not my natural language though). Really appreciate if some squad could let me in. Thank you.

BTW: My in game name is LOSA, stands for Low SA. I killed one G50 today because I couldn't tell the difference between a G50 and a Hurricane from its six
    S~ LOSA, Go here:http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/ You will be able to fly with us as a guest. We have a Teamspeak channel you can use as well. We fly history-based missions of the battle. Be flexible about which variant you may have to fly. Today we flew the E4, our schwarm did, but sometimes we fly the E1 which some of us actually prefer. Good luck. Hope to see you soon. BTW, I run Cliffs of Dover on Win8.1 with no issues, and great frame rates using a 2gb GTX 770. ATAG has a thread for optimizing game play. Check it out. Most of us have used some of the tips at one time or another. I'm in the US too, EST.
    Flyby out (5./JG26_Flyby)

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Flyby View Post
    S~ LOSA, Go here:http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/ You will be able to fly with us as a guest. We have a Teamspeak channel you can use as well. We fly history-based missions of the battle. Be flexible about which variant you may have to fly. Today we flew the E4, our schwarm did, but sometimes we fly the E1 which some of us actually prefer. Good luck. Hope to see you soon. BTW, I run Cliffs of Dover on Win8.1 with no issues, and great frame rates using a 2gb GTX 770. ATAG has a thread for optimizing game play. Check it out. Most of us have used some of the tips at one time or another. I'm in the US too, EST.
    Flyby out (5./JG26_Flyby)
    Thank you Flyby, I put the same post on ACG forum, hope there will be someone help me out.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by liu3gz View Post
    Thank you Flyby, I put the same post on ACG forum, hope there will be someone help me out.
    Did you post on the ACG here(?): http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/foru...28d6ee3b88f0f7
    good luck!
    Flyby out

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Welcome to ACG's newest member, Schwarz, you guys will know him as Black034, he has signed up as a Bf109 pilot with 5./JG26
    My Rig i7 4770k 3.50GHz overclocked to 4.80GHz, GTX770 2GB, 8GB Ram

www.aircombatgroup.co.uk

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Boyezee View Post
    Welcome to ACG's newest member, Schwarz, you guys will know him as Black034, he has signed up as a Bf109 pilot with 5./JG26
    Welcome Schwarz!
    Flyby out

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

S! Schwarz! Congrats about joining ACG.

Flare

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

warm welcome, thanks guys!!
    Turncoat #1

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Welcome to our newest member, Peete, who you guys will know as Klu_peete has joined 5./JG26 flying Bf109's

www.aircombatgroup.co.uk

Veteran Combat pilot 5./JG26_Peete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It wend a bit slow the intake.. but I am in.. tnx for the patience JG Piloten..
    Saluut Peete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 5./JG26_Peete View Post
    It wend a bit slow the intake.. but I am in.. tnx for the patience JG Piloten..
    Saluut Peete.
    Welcome aboard Peete, good luck!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    345.02 MB

Dear members of ACG,

Some of you might know me, most of you probably don't. My name is Chuck and I have recently been permanently banned from the ACG forums. There has been a lot of speculation, a lot of ouï-dire on the circumstances in which all of this happened. Since I can no longer post on the ACG boards to defend myself or respond to accusations, I felt the need to send you this open letter from the ATAG boards in order to give my version of the story and to squash some of the rumours that are starting to spread.

There are the facts. MysticPuma posted a thread on the ACG public forums pointing to the latest Team Fusion update available here http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=17073 . Part of this update mentions my name and the guides I have been working on the the last few months. ACG founder Osprey decided to edit MP's post to include the text of the update since there was only a link provided. However, he left out the part where MP mentioned me by name and my guides and wrote in its place "I deliberately left out the part about Chuck's guide since he breaks Wheaton's Law". For those who are not Big Bang Theory TV show fans, Wheaton's law is "Don't be a d*ck." It doesn't take a genius to picture what Osprey meant by that.

I saw this post and promptly replied that "You're right, only a d*ck would write 650 pages for the whole community to enjoy." since I thought the accusation was baseless, unfair and completely unjustified. Next thing I know, my account and IP address is blocked. Permanently.
    http://i.imgur.com/q0S3vdJ.jpg

I have never met Osprey, nor even talked to him, and for me this ban seemed completely out of the blue. I have tried to ask around ACG members to know why I was perma-banned, and not a single one of them could give me a reason why. And then, I receive an e-mail from an ACG member sharing Osprey's rationale behind this. He said: "I do not believe that he [Chuck] has good intentions, he has caused us problems and I don't want him here. Do you think he'll play nice? I don't. Better he's not given the chance. This is not the TF forum, there is nothing for him here." I believe I deserve that chance, just like any other non-ACG member on these boards is entitled to. Further allegations have been made against me, specifically branding me as a trouble-maker, an "Anti-ACG" and an "ACG hater".

Apparently, someone believes that there is a "war" going on between ATAG and ACG and I would have picked ATAG's side, therefore wishing the destruction of all things good and beautiful laying in ACG's wonderful kingdom. This "someone" couldn't be further from the truth.

I am not a ACG hater. I am by no means anti-ACG. I have flown in DCS with ACG members in the past and I think all communities in the flight sim world have their place. I do not harbor ill will against ACG or not even against Osprey himself. How can I hate someone I have never even MET before? I am not on anybody's side: flying is the only thing I care about, no matter what tag they wear into battle, what flag they fly under or which server they play on. For those who do not believe me, well there is probably nothing I can do for you to convince you otherwise.

I fly with people from the four corners of the flight sim community: I flew 1946, Battle of Stalingrad, Cliffs of Dover, DCS, FSX, X-Plane, War Thunder... you name it, I fly it. I create guides and tutorials for everyone to enjoy, not just ATAG. This is why the links are public and these resources are available in all major flight sim forums. I did not pour hundred of hours into these to let only a select few benefit from them.

Whether or not I stay banned forever from ACG is up to Osprey. He doesn't like me? Fine. You can't please everyone. But I do not wish to be forbidden to discuss with the friends I have among the ranks of ACG because one man took personal issue with me for reasons that (to me) appear to be a product of imagination rather than cold, hard facts. I broke no rules of the code of conduct, I was not given any reason as to why I was banned, and I was publicly humiliated in front of a whole community and have been targeted by hate speech and defamation that nobody should ever deserve. I could have started a smear campaign with all the e-mails, conversation screenshots, and information I have received if I wanted to. But I didn't. I have no interest in superficial "forum wars" and I have energy to spend on more productive things than childish and pointless personal attacks.

Therefore, I send to you ACG members this letter to tell you that I hold no grudge against you and I have no "bad intentions" towards your group, whatever you may have heard about me. I do not know why Osprey took it upon himself to perma-ban me without being told why, but I simply hope that this "Chuck hates ACG and must be exiled" circus of nonsense can come to an end. I do not wish to be punished for a crime I didn't commit, and I think depriving me of the means to communicate with the ACG members whose company I enjoy is a sentence I do not deserve. I cannot read your boards nor post there, and the whole experience has left me hurt and very frustrated because I simply don't understand where this sh*tstorm came from and why I am now in the middle of it.

The ACG's objective is to "provide an unpressurised, non-competitive and friendly environment in which to enjoy combat operations, whichever side a pilot prefers, and all standards are welcome regardless of experience."

I suggest you folks live up to these standards you set yourself.

Regards,

Chuck
    Last edited by Chuck_Owl; Jun-25-2015 at 23:10.
    Spitfire pilots in a nutshell:
    "Hurricanes are shit planes for remtards on free dinners. This is me being them, right: "Ohh ohh, I'm flying a Hurricane, it's a shit plane, I'm rubbish and my mom goes chippy in her slippers!""
    -Armstrong & Miller Show

14. Likes ATAG_Deacon, 9./JG52 gr00ve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The letter has been received long ago as you should know since we've already talked about this on Teamspeak. Everything else will be done in due time.

By the way. You can still post in our forums without a registration.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Chuck,

If you would like to setup a Teamspeak meeting with myself and some other parties within ACG I would be glad to do so. I would love it if we could figure out a compromise that leaves all parties at least partially satisfied (thats what she said). I think we can all agree that we should be building bridges within this community instead of burning them so lets try and lay a foundation that everyone finds palatable. Please feel free to PM me with some times that work for you.

Thanks,

Hindsight
    Last edited by Hindsight; May-05-2015 at 14:28. Reason: I have bad grammar.

17. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    345.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MarLeo View Post
    The letter has been received long ago as you should know since we've already talked about this on Teamspeak. Everything else will be done in due time.

By the way. You can still post in our forums without a registration.
    Not when your IP address is blocked.
    "Hurricanes are shit planes for remtards on free dinners. This is me being them, right: "Ohh ohh, I'm flying a Hurricane, it's a shit plane, I'm rubbish and my mom goes chippy in her slippers!""
    -Armstrong & Miller Show

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A little story from our last campaign mission...

Peete of 5./JG26 was damaged over England whilst on a fighter sweep and had to crash land his aircraft, not one to take capture lying down he came up with a novel way of returning home, here is Peete telling the story

To day I flew a mission with the 5th JG26 in 3th swarm. We flew to England to do a sweep over Biggin Hill..
    When we goth there we angaged a few spits and after the 3th attack as a wingman I goth hit by friendly fire. My governor gave up so my proppitch was gone to 12 o clock and my engine blew up very soon. I glided whole the way to the english coast.
    I asked for a boat but when I run to the coast i found a deserted airfield. There was a Hurricane and i stole it right under the Tommys there noses.. haha.. I took of.. what a easy plane to fly is this ,, nicht normaal... ach soo... I found the radio and after a bit turning on the knobs I managed to contakt my Leader Villiers ans Capt Boyesee. I jelled I goth a Hurricane...
    You What Peete Capt Boyesee said. He laught it away.. Villiers was more a believer and I called out I am at Englishpoint now.
    Then Mid channel .. They took it for granted ,, but I began to swet (no joke) What will happen when i am in france .. there are my german tricker happy friends and I am in a BLoody Hurricane..

I called Boyesee Villiers I am at france point now,, Ok peete was the answer.. I asked my captain if he wanted the Hurricane intact or should I bail out. He wanted intact,, Suddenly i heared .. Flak at Balonge,, Flak at Bolange .. Yes, i jelled.. its me dont Shoot..
    You really in a Hurrican Peete ,,, Yes i am ,, Boyesee plaese man,, I try to make it home.. to Hydroquent!!!

Ok, then Capt Boyesee did what he do best, he gave orders to not shoot the Hurricane !! Its Peete he jelled .. Grazy guy just stole a Hurricane ... don`t shoot..

Well the pilots did not shoot on me, but the Flak did ,,, wooww... all bullets with flak flew over my nose and wings ..
    I coming in ,,Peete lands the Hurricane,, hold fire, I jelled to the radio...

i was a bit dark and I just pulled up over a few 109s and then landed the hawker.. But were are the Brakes on this thing... My feet pusht the rudders hard but nothing happends !!! My Goth ,, I quickly opened the canopy and jumped out.. The damn thing crasht in to a camouflaged hanger.. Well I am back at my friends at least ,, sorry for the heavenly damaged hurricane.. investigation team has now almost nothing to investigate on it...

Hope the next Mission is going better in my own plane,, because this was not a easy one for me.

Greet 5th JG26 Peete

And here is footage from my POV when I realised what he had done , also Falcon of the 6th Staffel got some good footage of it as well

www.aircombatgroup.co.uk

20. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

A little story from our last campaign mission...

Peete of 5./JG26 was damaged over England whilst on a fighter sweep and had to crash land his aircraft, not one to take capture lying down he came up with a novel way of returning home, here is Peete telling the story

To day I flew a mission with the 5th JG26 in 3th swarm. We flew to England to do a sweep over Biggin Hill..
    When we goth there we angaged a few spits and after the 3th attack as a wingman I goth hit by friendly fire. My governor gave up so my proppitch was gone to 12 o clock and my engine blew up very soon. I glided whole the way to the english coast.
    I asked for a boat but when I run to the coast i found a deserted airfield. There was a Hurricane and i stole it right under the Tommys there noses.. haha.. I took of.. what a easy plane to fly is this ,, nicht normaal... ach soo... I found the radio and after a bit turning on the knobs I managed to contakt my Leader Villiers ans Capt Boyesee. I jelled I goth a Hurricane...
    You What Peete Capt Boyesee said. He laught it away.. Villiers was more a believer and I called out I am at Englishpoint now.
    Then Mid channel .. They took it for granted ,, but I began to swet (no joke) What will happen when i am in france .. there are my german tricker happy friends and I am in a BLoody Hurricane..

I called Boyesee Villiers I am at france point now,, Ok peete was the answer.. I asked my captain if he wanted the Hurricane intact or should I bail out. He wanted intact,, Suddenly i heared .. Flak at Balonge,, Flak at Bolange .. Yes, i jelled.. its me dont Shoot..
    You really in a Hurrican Peete ,,, Yes i am ,, Boyesee plaese man,, I try to make it home.. to Hydroquent!!!

Ok, then Capt Boyesee did what he do best, he gave orders to not shoot the Hurricane !! Its Peete he jelled .. Grazy guy just stole a Hurricane ... don`t shoot..

Well the pilots did not shoot on me, but the Flak did ,,, wooww... all bullets with flak flew over my nose and wings ..
    I coming in ,,Peete lands the Hurricane,, hold fire, I jelled to the radio...

i was a bit dark and I just pulled up over a few 109s and then landed the hawker.. But were are the Brakes on this thing... My feet pusht the rudders hard but nothing happends !!! My Goth ,, I quickly opened the canopy and jumped out.. The damn thing crasht in to a camouflaged hanger.. Well I am back at my friends at least ,, sorry for the heavenly damaged hurricane.. investigation team has now almost nothing to investigate on it...

Hope the next Mission is going better in my own plane,, because this was not a easy one for me.

Greet 5th JG26 Peete

And here is footage from my POV when I realised what he had done , also Falcon of the 6th Staffel got some good footage of it as well

You have no idea how much I want to try this on ATAG . . . wouldn't it be a blast!

Flare

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    345.02 MB

After months of being deliberately ignored by the ACG's "inner council" since my last plea for an explanation/trial, it appears that the apparent desire to negociate (or at least try to find a solution to clear my name) was nothing more than a facade to preserve appearances.

Well-played, guys. Well-played.
    -Armstrong & Miller Show

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Owl View Post
    After months of being deliberately ignored by the ACG's "inner council" since my last plea for an explanation/trial, it appears that the apparent desire to negociate (or at least try to find a solution to clear my name) was nothing more than a facade to preserve appearances.

Well-played, guys. Well-played.

Never argue with an idiot. They will always bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

~George Carlin

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Chuck, if most ACG members and ATAG members are like me, they don't want to see continued friction between the groups, nor with individuals over or about a game (call it a simulation, if you wish). I don't know the particulars which cause your latest "well-played" post. But just by the post being here suggests something went wrong somewhere. I would have liked to ask the parties what each wants from the other, or out of a discussion over some dividing issue. It's been my experience in life this is the question that makes people pause to think about a truthful answer. I suspect the question never came up.

DRock, your posted reply quoting Carlin may be appropriate, but I can't discern to whom it is directed, if at anyone at all. Perhaps that is best. Let people wonder who it's meant for, and no one could ever know for sure, and therefore not take it as a personal insult. I don't know you, so I can't assume an answer. Perfect!

I am an ACG member, and a forum member here on ATAG, so I'd like nothing better than peaceful relations and interactions. As a fan of Cliffs, the idea of cross-group fly-ins has held an ongoing appeal. Frictions of one sort or another seem always to jeopardize that from happening. Too bad. Just too bad. Yet, maybe one day the air will clear.

One final observation. Like-minded people, on issues of conflict, will typically congregate to one side or another. A side will find sympathy within itself, typically throwing the "offending" side under the bus. Doing so can strengthen the bonds of the one side (all sides do it), but only sympathy is gained; not progress in resolving issues. It seems to me to be taking satisfaction in coming up short of the goal (?). I hope neither side accepts coming up short.
    5/JG26_Flyby out

25. Likes ATAG_Flare, LARRY69, cina liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Exclamation Re: Air Combat Group - Allied and Axis pilots interested in immersion and group flyin

Flyby, you are a valued member of this forum and we at ATAG are proud that you fly on our server and regularly make positive contributions to this forum. We try not to make blanket assessments on any particular group, and you are proof of that policy's wisdom.

ATAG would like nothing more than peaceful and mutually-contributing relationships with other sim-related groups. Unfortunately, there are those in other groups, including 5./JG26, that do not share this desire and have needlessly caused us a great deal of trouble. We have had to spend considerable resources in identifying, rooting out, and dealing with these disruptive elements that otherwise could have been better spent on more constructive projects such as mission-scripting and/or Netstats enhancements. I note you have not read this thread to illustrate:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=17703

Unfortunately this thread has veered OT from its original intent of recruitment to recriminations and countering. This does not serve the best interests of the Cliffs of Dover community so this thread is closed.

Salute to all,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

27. Likes DRock, ATAG_Dave, ATAG_Flare, PanTast, Injerin liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234