Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Modellers/Texture Artists - Team Fusion want your help. Do you want to join us?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

3D Modellers/Texture Artists - Team Fusion want your help. Do you want to join us?

Hi and thanks for your interest (or else you wouldn't be reading this!)

As you can see Team Fusion is steadily working to improve the the abandoned Cliffs of Dover flight simulation.

With the release of v4.3 many new fixes and additions have been created and the community is and will be enjoying the fruits of our labour. All done for free, in our spare time and as a hobby.

Team Fusion is already preparing it's next installment in the road map of patches and this will lead to a completely new theatre of operations.

Currently we have a small team of 3D modellers and we are looking for new recruits. This will also include anyone familiar with texture painting as this is also needed for the new 3D models that will be created, as this will free up the modellers to continue work on other objects.

Please understand, this is completely unpaid work. We do this as I said above; for fun, for free, in our spare time and as a hobby.

We are looking for 3D modellers, preferably with knowledge of 3D Max 8 (and have access to that program) but knowledge of any 3D modelling program should be an asset. We are looking preferably for people with at-least a good knowledge of 3D modelling to join the team and help prepare the next patch which will be a new and exciting departure for our team and we want others to join us in the journey to a new environment in which Cliffs of Dover players will be able to take to the skies.

Now, even though this is a request for 3D modellers, it doesn't mean you will have to be able to make new aircraft or cockpits (but that would of-course be great!), but we will be looking at creating new vehicles, shipping, aircraft, cockpits, Field Mods, artillery, static objects, buildings, building textures, ports, harbours, etc, etc.

Texture artists/painters, a knowledge of Photoshop and working with .dds files would be useful but not essential as this is knowledge easily shared in the team

So there you have it.

We do work at a steady pace, and although we don't set time limits or deadlines, obviously if you are working on something, we'd like at some point to see it finished

So, is there or are there any members of the Flight Sim Community or do you know any members of a 3D modelling community/Texture arts community who you think may be interested in sharing their talent with others as a gift to the rest of the Flight Sim community?

If you think you or someone you know has the talent, then please get in touch with us at:

teamfusion2013@hotmail.com

Please be aware, this can only be original content. No models from any other software will or are allowed to be 'hacked' and ported into CloD by Team Fusion. This is a chance to showcase your ability and share it with others.

Cheers, TF
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    175.43 MB

Re: 3D Modellers/Texture Artists - Team Fusion want your help. Do you want to join u

Hi Guys
    I'll be happy to give a hand.
    Matthew
    www.asisbiz.com

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=41122

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    760.03 MB

Re: 3D Modellers/Texture Artists - Team Fusion want your help. Do you want to join u

Hi Guys
    I can help with skinning.
    I dont have a website but you can find examples of my work here:
    http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=204
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...splay.php?f=44
    Not used .dds compression befor only Winrar
    but i will give it a go if someone can run through it
    Regards
    Keith AKA checkmysix/keefyboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Thx guys! Someone from Team Fusion will contact you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Acred99 View Post
    Hi Guys
    Matthew
    www.asisbiz.com

Mathew is that your site? What an incredible resource asisbiz was back in the il2 pacific days

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.62 MB

I am a retired engineer, I spent a lot of time modelling and texturing for fsx/acc before it was relegated by MS, and became prepar3d. when BOB came along I lost interest in fsx.

I still have it on a spare drive. I used the sdk, GMAX, and GIMP with the dds plugins, a bump mapping tool. and a few other useful tools.

I would have used 3DS max. but the price was prohibitive, and I could not see a legitimate alternate path. using gmax is not that different from early versions of 3ds, texture baking springs to mind.

at least gmax had access to an easy export path for fsx.

texture maps, are not easy requiring a special artists sensibilities, my own attempts worked but weren't great.

modelling on the other hand is not that difficult, being mostly research, and optimised modelling. the images are of work in progress which was discontinued when I switched to BOB.

any advice on getting 3DS MAX8 legitimately ?, and no I am not a student. also using blender, also gmax render suite, and gmax plugs for 3ds export, import. which means to a limited extent blender models can be exported to fsx/acc

for testing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by triumph; Apr-04-2014 at 20:00. Reason: add info

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    I am a retired engineer, I spent a lot of time modelling and texturing for fsx/acc before it was relegated by MS, and became prepar3d. when BOB came along I lost interest in fsx.

I still have it on a spare drive. I used the sdk, GMAX, and GIMP with the dds plugins, a bump mapping tool. and a few other useful tools.

I would have used 3DS max. but the price was prohibitive, and I could not see a legitimate alternate path. using gmax is not that different from early versions of 3ds, texture baking springs to mind.

at least gmax had access to an easy export path for fsx.

texture maps, are not easy requiring a special artists sensibilities, my own attempts worked but weren't great.

modelling on the other hand is not that difficult, being mostly research, and optimised modelling. the images are of work in progress which was discontinued when I switched to BOB.

any advice on getting 3DS MAX8 legitimately ?, and no I am not a student.
    great pictures Triumph!! Send them an email on the address listed in the first post!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    760.03 MB

Hi guys trie replying to the E-Mail in first post but when it came to E-Mail server pop3
    question I was lost
    So layman explaination would help
    Cheers
    Keef

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    175.43 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Katdog5 View Post
    Mathew is that your site? What an incredible resource asisbiz was back in the il2 pacific days
    Yep that's me been a big fan of the game and still am. I'm hoping CLOD can be even better that 1946 as the graphic platform is better.
    Thanks for you kind comment's.
    PS also any skins of mine can be used for your Mod's and if you need blanks let me know. I have emailed you but no replay yet.
    Mattthew

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Would like to reply here but really want to keep it just as the notification thread.
    If you can use the email address supplied it would really be appreciated. (I know some of you have), cheers, MP

PS. Hope you can appreciate, that with the release of v4.3....we're a little bit busy at the moment but will be in touch
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Mar-19-2014 at 02:36.

Supporting Member JG1_Luckystrike's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Red face Re: 3D Modellers/Texture Artists - Team Fusion want your help. Do you want to join u

Send a message yesterday.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I am a professional 3D modeller, I would love to help out.
    Let me know if you have trouble locating my personal email. I do not have access to Max but would possibly be able to acquire.
    I use Cinema 4D here at work.

Sounds like a fun opportunity, very honored to possibly take part!
    Thanks guys.

71st_AH_Ratsy

edit: sorry, just reading the email comment, will message you there instead!
    my bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Thanks for all the replies... we are busy with some fixes for TF 4.3, but will definitely be in touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

maybe ill can give you a little hand too

im quite new to the 3d world,,, i started on cinema 4d 9 months ago,,, i have 3d max 2014 installed too, but i really don t know it well.

so, if you have some little work for me, let me try and see how mutch crap i am

if you want to see my works,you can find here http://www.vipiemme.it/v2/ in the section batteries, search for the videos under the "safe energy magic eye" or "katana" for example...

PS i never been in a school to learn cinema 4d,,, my uncle teached me a lot, i just spent lot of time on cracked tutorial
    Last edited by cucoso; Mar-26-2014 at 12:15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Acred99 View Post
    Hi Guys
    Matthew
    www.asisbiz.com

Wow, i enter asisbiz.com for a long time. Your website always was a good place for resources, info and other aircraft related stuff for me.

Thank you for Asisbiz, Matthew!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Email has been sent. Thanks for the chat the other day Mystic.

S!
    Eagle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

~S~ Fellows,

I would have loved to joined in on this but damn, it's ALOT of work. My respect and best wishes.

Here is a video of my own 3d modeling for CFS3. I truly understand that it is indeed a labor of love.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

i'm also very interested to create new models for CloD. i would like to know what a 3D programm and importer/Exporter is needed for CloD and what kind of other tools you use. i think it's more on the scripting basis, to get models into CloD. but a 3D programm is definitly needed. i use Blender and 3D Max and for the texturing i have Photoshop. i want to show some of my workings. Modeled, Textured and implemented into the following games by myself.
    just send me a PM if you need my help!

Weapons for The Elder Scrolls Skyrim

___

Weapons for Fallout New Vegas

Ships for X3: Reunion/Terran Conflict

Random Stuff

Last edited by Stefan; Apr-02-2014 at 13:07.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Stunning stuff guys! Pls send an email to the address in the first post of this thread!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I can help with texturing especially in the unit emblem department.

See here for Unit Emblems (scroll down until you view all 140 of them ): http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/...ning-projects/

Skins here: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/...en#entry118620

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Smile Re: 3D Modellers/Texture Artists - Team Fusion want your help. Do you want to join u

Hi there,

I would love to be a part of the team of modelers for this project.
    I have previously worked on Combat Flight Simulator 3 building hangers, control towers, bridges etc but then moved on to build aircraft which was a Mosquito B35 some years ago.

Currently creating an English Electric Lightning F6 for my portfolio and would love to work on WWII assets again.

Below is some of my work in 3DS Max, Maya and GMax.

DH98 Mosquito in CFS3.JPGF6 Lightning.jpgMe.jpgShocker.jpg

Thank you for looking,

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoynton View Post
    Hi there,

I would love to be a part of the team of modelers for this project.
    I have previously worked on Combat Flight Simulator 3 building hangers, control towers, bridges etc but then moved on to build aircraft which was a Mosquito B35 some years ago.

Currently creating an English Electric Lightning F6 for my portfolio and would love to work on WWII assets again.

Below is some of my work in 3DS Max, Maya and GMax.

DH98 Mosquito in CFS3.JPGF6 Lightning.jpgMe.jpgShocker.jpg

Thank you for looking,

Dave
    Hello David. Please check your PM's

Cheers.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

I'm a hobbyist in 3D and would like to help a little.
    The tools im working with are Carrara and Gimp.

file_2567661.jpg bar0.jpg bar1.jpg bar2.jpg bar3.jpg

PS: My english is not the best
    Andreas

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'd be happy to contribute, I can do 3D and texture work, I don't mind if it's only making jerry cans and oil drums.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I dont have much time at the moment but maybe i can support you in future. I work as an architect (at the moment for example i rebuild a WW2 bunker for ~ 1.000 people in Hamburg-Wandsbek into flats), have experiences in AutoCAD, Allplan, ArchiCAD, Adobe CS and - interesting for this project - Cinema 4D Studio Edition. Also I have ~ 300 real books (plus X PDF e-books) about WW2 aircrafts, weapons, fortifications and aircraft technic. What do you need, how can i help?

Best regards!
    JG4_Bendwick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Nov-20-2014 at 04:48.

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

After reading the latest update I was inspired to get Blender and see what I could do. As there are not many railway buildings, thought I would make a signal box from the Bluebell Line, as it is Southern Region. I only had Google images to work with, so I have had to stretch the images a lot. If you think I am on the right lines I would take better photos of my own. Could I send the Blender file to someone to see if is OK? This is very much a first attempt. A bit of a steep learning curve... Also with Photoshop. Here are two screenshots.Front view.png Rear view.png

(This may be a duplicate post - my first one seemed to vanish.)

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

After some helpful advice from Spiritus M. I have remodelled my signal box to massively simplify it. I have tidied up the Photoshop images and reduced the pixels to a minimum. The steps I have made into a slope with zero thickness to the rails to reduce the poly count. I think from the air it should look OK. I have not grasped how to stitch things, but the roof faces all use the same texture image and it was very easy to get the courses of slates to line up at the corners. What do you guys think?front view box.png sig box and steps 128.blend.png

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Nice work, you dropped your poly count from almost 500 to almost 60. Couple other things I noticed, the bottom windows texture seems a bit too offset of the window frame/sill.

The steps: Bring a plane in, size it on the y and x to look like a step, then duplicate it, move it along either x or y by .5 and then by z by .5. Group together, then duplicate, repeat. You'll add about 16 triangles.

Keep it up.

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Nice work, you dropped your poly count from almost 500 to almost 60. Couple other things I noticed, the bottom windows texture seems a bit too offset of the window frame/sill.

The steps: Bring a plane in, size it on the y and x to look like a step, then duplicate it, move it along either x or y by .5 and then by z by .5. Group together, then duplicate, repeat. You'll add about 16 triangles.

Keep it up.
    Thanks for the quick reply. How can you tell the poly count from my screenshot? The reason the window sill is so offset is because the photos were all I could get quickly from Google and needed a lot of twisting to get flat on. Of course I can easily move this sills along in Photoshop. Doh! I will do this tomorrow. I can do this a lot quicker this week than last. Pretty steep learning curve for Blender and PShop, but am now confident of the simple manipulations to do this sort of job. You think I should put separate steps with zero thickness? I can do the steps easily if you think it a good idea. It would look a lot better. Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast