Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duxford 2014....The Jolly Boys Outing!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Duxford 2014....The Jolly Boys Outing!!

Indeed Bunny. Call us toffs but it's the Hilton or nothing, certainly not rubbing shoulders with the 'enlisted men' in tents eh what?

ACG will have a decent contingent attending as usual, supplemented by those who come for the day only. So for us it's the Hilton Stansted on Saturday afternoon/evening followed by the Sunday airshow. Hopefully we can meet you chaps, and 56 for the second time (you should be used to Nitrous by now!).

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

I manged to find the video of Lewis and an old AFJ team mate on the Saturday night..

Its a blast:

https://ibb.co/vqQKb5H

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Rgrt..Thats me in the middle....with Slipstream and jinzo...!...Man that music seemed so contageous that day!
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

https://ibb.co/vqQKb5H

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
    tins of beans and dogburgers for me this year. Hmmm.......
    No horseburgers?

Never was so much owed by so many to so few -Winston Churchill

Setup: i7 - 4.6Ghz - 16gb Corsair Ram - Nvidia Gtx 680 2GB -Trackir5 - Hotas Warthog - CH Eclipse Yoke - Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttle Quad

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

You need a gold pass to get horse burgers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Looking forward to my Horse Burgers

Actually I just got the Gold Pass without the lunch. For the extra cost, I just couldn't justify the fact that I can take a couple of Cheese and Onion rolls and a can of coke for about £2.00 (bought outside of the show of-course!)

Now, just need to get a Team Fusion T-Shirt printed
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
    I almost wish I had been born
    a Brit.
    Yeah, yeah. You and the rest of the world.

They all seem to come here, legally or not, so feel free. It's open house here. Just jump onto the axle of a big lorry in France, get over here and we'll pay you £60 a week out of taxpayers money for simply being here. It's a blast. The fields are really green too. Apart from the ones underwater after the floods that is.

But anyway, Duxford. You've never seen an airshow until you've seen a Fiesler Storch float down vertically and then go straight up before it's wheels touch the ground. Or three early mark Spits performing formation aerobatics, or a flight of Mustangs whistling past at what must've been 500mph after a very long dive, or a B-17 taxi-ing past so close you could touch the wingtip. Man, the sound, the smell......

Duxford. There is nothing like it. The girls singing 1940's classics on the stage are pretty damned fine too.

Sold. Maybe. Possibly.
    Last edited by Dutch; Mar-28-2014 at 21:58.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post

Now, just need to get a Team Fusion T-Shirt printed
    You do realise that when you are spotted with a TF shirt you'll be dragged over to the flight line and have intricacies of flight models pointed out to you repeatedly. "look at that turn rate. sort it out!!!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Please note that ATAG members will be required to eat at least one figgy duff after each 10 beers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    You do realise that when you are spotted with a TF shirt you'll be dragged over to the flight line and have intricacies of flight models pointed out to you repeatedly. "look at that turn rate. sort it out!!!!"
    Look forward to it.

We can discuss how they will perform in the new Theatre
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Mar-26-2014 at 11:53.

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Hey MP, I'll look for you Sunday in the Gold Area.

See you all then!
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I will be flying in Tiger Moth for 20 minutes on Friday and watching my first airshow on Saturday , I spoiled myself and got gold ticket. Can't wait for July, I hope that weather will be good as I have already rescheduled Tiger Moth flight once . I was supposed to fly last October but there was a storm that day. I went to RAF Museum in London instead. This time I am travelling to London/Cambridge especially for the flight and airshow. I wish it wasn't so weather dependant.

See you all in golden area , I am making myself some sort of Rise of Flight T-Shirt , with N28 on it .

S.

DonKojote AKA 307_Banzai

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DonKojote View Post
    I will be flying in Tiger Moth for 20 minutes on Friday and watching my first airshow on Saturday , I spoiled myself and got gold ticket. Can't wait for July, I hope that weather will be good as I have already rescheduled Tiger Moth flight once . I was supposed to fly last October but there was a storm that day. I went to RAF Museum in London instead. This time I am travelling to London/Cambridge especially for the flight and airshow. I wish it wasn't so weather dependant.

See you all in golden area , I am making myself some sort of Rise of Flight T-Shirt , with N28 on it .

S.

DonKojote AKA 307_Banzai
    In 7 years we have only experienced one bit of rain and not much at that.....and it didn't compromise the airshow or our fun!
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    195.17 MB

Count me in lads,Beer,Aviation Fuel,what more can a bloke ask for

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Keep us posted Taff....~S~

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It's never rained when I've attended, worst weather was a couple of years ago when it was bloody cold and windy but in between when the sun was out - ouch!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The sun always shines on the righteous...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

OK tickets are bought, any luck and my boss will let me have that weekend off. Really looking forward to this weekend should be great fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Pretty sure Dave_1968 and myself will be coming along to this. We're local ish boys to the area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Here's my number for if folks want to meet....Check my first post to see our schedule

Text me if I don't answer as I'm not the type to be glued to my phone...

07752 313068

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Campsite...

**BOOKED**

Barwell - the murder capital of Britain, Leicestershire.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Dammit, I'm gigging. That weekend in July is always busy with gigs. For 3 or 4 years though I was able to do the best gig in the world, which was play in the band that play the Saturday Night post -display evening do for the Flying Legends pilots, crews, and their partners, in the big pilots marquee. The place is loaded with rich guys, expensive women, top-gun swagger, and testosterone. The gig involved hanging out with them of course, free food and drink of course,...and a VIP pass to watch the display from the pilot's enclosure - and get paid decent money to do all that. If Carlsberg did gigs....

Year before last? The year they had the 3 Mk1 Spits and they flew the missing man formation, I was on the gig and got chatting to one of the pilots of the Mk1's. One of them had undercarriage retraction problems, it wasn't him, though his Spit was an early one with the manual undercarriage pump. It had appeared out of the sand at Dunkirk a few years back. He said it wasn't his, sadly, he was flying on behalf of the owner. Nice work if you can get it!

This was him, and the plane. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh1S-C1r_mA
    Last edited by Steve D; Apr-26-2014 at 13:03. Reason: Link added
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5449&dateline=1396886  008

Motherboard:Yes. Processor:I expect so. Food Processor:Braun Multipraktik. Graphics Card:Yes. Sound Card: Dunno. Ram: Some. Hard Drive: Yes. Monitor: Yes. Joystick: Old, not enough buttons. Throttle Quadrant - see Joystick. Rudder Pedals - see Joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Campsite all booked here also..... Can't wait

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.2 KB

Hi guys,
    I’m quite new to the forum but according to steam I have now logged 98 hours flight time in CLOD (Thank you Team Fusion) , mostly on the brilliant ATAG server.
    Me and my 9 year old boy will be going off on a little adventure together to the Duxford Flying Legends Air show; I have been once before and loved it.
    We are booked in at the campsite Friday night and Saturday, I will try to find you guys on the campsite and have a few beers after the show.
    Regards
    Last edited by Wandso; Apr-28-2014 at 06:24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cool Re: Duxford 2014....The Jolly Boys Outing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wandso View Post
    Hi guys,
    I’m quite new to the forum but according to steam I have now logged 98 hours flight time in CLOD (Thank you Team Fusion) , mostly on the brilliant ATAG server.
    Me and my 9 year old boy will be going off on a little adventure together to the Duxford Flying Legends Air show; I have been once before and loved it.
    We are booked in at the campsite Friday night and Saturday, I will try to find you guys on the campsite and have a few beers after the show.
    Regards
    Sounds fab wandso. Look forward to meeting ya.... Roll on July

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Wandso View Post
    Hi guys,
    Regards
    Perfect Wandso....Fantastic....We always have a good time....we look forward to seeing you....You won't be able to miss us...and the campsite is great

We get there usually mid day to afternoon on the Friday...we are booked the same days as you....also there is a free bus from the park and ride which is a short drive from the campsite.....saves a lot of hassle
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Apr-28-2014 at 07:37.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

OK holiday approved from work, site booked, all good to go. I'm staying on the site till Monday have the week off after the show so I thought I'd avoid the traffic as I'm heading over to my folks after. I might even sneak into the show on the Sunday If I feel like it (for sneak see buy a ticket of course)

Mobile is 07742375231 if anyone would like to let me know where people are when I arrive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

my style of camping 007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Great news Frank...Look forward to meeting..Join us for the weekend...we always have a blast...You are at Cabbage Moor campsite right?....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast