Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-Aliiasing in 4.3

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    163.09 MB

Re: Anti-Aliiasing in 4.3

AA working well here. Thanks to Mystic and Spiritus for posting your Nvidia control panel settings. Very useful.
    I too have the distant landscape shimmer. Always have had. In WOFF and IL2 too. Never been able to get rid of it although it is less now in Clod than it used to be.

RedToo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Thanks for the advice Mysticpuma.I used your video settings and yes I can see the difference with the AA on then off.But you know me,I fly and pull the trigger.A Neanderthal like me would not notice this kind of thing unless told it makes me appreciate the work team fusion put in to this sim when I actually stop and think about it,very rare for me
    Cheers
    Eshark
    Last edited by ATAG_Eshark; Mar-23-2014 at 05:51.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.39 MB

[QUOTE=Spiritus_Mortem;105320]Here are my settings and some photos of the shadow jaggies gone at various zoom lengths. The Nvidia pics grabbed both my monitors so its small, have to click on the and zoom to read.

Would you mind awfully posting pic#6 without the Nvidia CP open?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Fooling with these settings as advised has not only given me decent AA, it seems to have given me 10 more FPS and reduced micro-stutters.

I couldn't begin to understand what just happened. I think CloD likes these programmers and has decided to play along.

Yea, that's it....

Thanks all who made this work, including testers.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    163.09 MB

[QUOTE=Stig1207;105580]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Here are my settings and some photos of the shadow jaggies gone at various zoom lengths. The Nvidia pics grabbed both my monitors so its small, have to click on the and zoom to read.

Would you mind awfully posting pic#6 without the Nvidia CP open?
    Seconded! I got a bit distracted from Clod settings there.

RedToo.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    19.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    I think you are expecting miracles from the AA

Look at the cockpit frames and compare the jaggies. If they are smooth, your AA is indeed working fine.
    The wires and the landscape shimmer are another story.
    Indeed you are right. What is the story with this shimmer then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    I think the problem with the shimmer is that those of us with Nvidia don't see it? I don't actually know what 'the shimmer' looks like?
    I have nVidia and it is even noticeable with 2560x1600. It is very prominent lower than that resolution. It is exactly the shimmer you get when you have the wrong Neg LOD Bias setting, but it happens regardless of any of those settings. Its pretty bad at lower resolutions. I have GTX 580 SLI (SLI or no SLI makes no difference either).

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    93.46 MB

Try Markies SweetFx

I have been using Markies SweetFx 1.5 with very good results. His settings really add to the clarity and immersion and I don't notice any shimmering.. I install/uninstall with JSGME (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler) you can google or find it over at SubSim. Give it try.

Best
    Harvey Krumpet
    Last edited by HarveyKrumpet; Mar-24-2014 at 10:34. Reason: Couldn't get Markies url to work

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Finding it difficult to spot contacts now that I enabled AA in game video settings - what were nice black dots have become a shimmering grey and diificult to see. Am I right in that enabling AA in game also enable FXAA?

I am going to have to disable AA if that is the case.
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - MSFF2/X45Th - Asus 23' Monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: Try Markies SweetFx

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyKrumpet View Post
    I have been using Markies SweetFx 1.5 with very good results. His settings really add to the clarity and immersion and I don't notice any shimmering.. I install/uninstall with JSGME (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler) you can google or find it over at SubSim. Give it try.

Best
    Harvey Krumpet
    have you been using this with 4.3?....where can I get this 'Markies SweetFX'?
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.39 MB

hello all,

Note with all the reporting for trying various settings, it may be worthwhile to baseline a mission for all to test with. The first mission of the Cliffs of Dover (modded) offline campaign is a good immediate test bed as there are two flights of german bombers approaching the field as well as hurricanes taking off while you sit in the rear waiting clearance. Simply sit on the runway and test as dots come in (bombers) and dots move out (taking off hurricanes) to help baseline results and determine best for these scenarios. I have found that nothing I have tried yet really helps remove the shimmer of the hurricanes as they take off and fly out on expanded view (no trackir in test). Best result I have seen is with ingame aa at 2 and nvidia aa off along with sweetfx.

but its not perfect....

perhaps with a baseline, is someone figures out a magic combo, we can all test with the same mission/baseline to confirm settings.

~S~
    wind

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 78thFG_WindWpn View Post
    hello all,

Note with all the reporting for trying various settings, it may be worthwhile to baseline a mission for all to test with. The first mission of the Cliffs of Dover (modded) offline campaign is a good immediate test bed as there are two flights of german bombers approaching the field as well as hurricanes taking off while you sit in the rear waiting clearance. Simply sit on the runway and test as dots come in (bombers) and dots move out (taking off hurricanes) to help baseline results and determine best for these scenarios. I have found that nothing I have tried yet really helps remove the shimmer of the hurricanes as they take off and fly out on expanded view (no trackir in test). Best result I have seen is with ingame aa at 2 and nvidia aa off along with sweetfx.

but its not perfect....

perhaps with a baseline, is someone figures out a magic combo, we can all test with the same mission/baseline to confirm settings.

~S~
    wind
    Excellent suggestion easily done by anyone!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    143.16 MB

Re: Try Markies SweetFx

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    have you been using this with 4.3?....where can I get this 'Markies SweetFX'?
    From here: message no 16

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=markie+sweet

Recommended.
    Last edited by TURK_Enlem; Mar-24-2014 at 12:58.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    93.46 MB

Lewis....just tuned back in, and saw enlan got you the files. Think about JSGME...it works not only with Clod, but just about any other game I can think of.

Enjoy your input

Harvey Krumpet

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Big Thanks Enlem and Harvey...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    48.65 MB

Does Sweetfx have to be disabled in order for the Team Fusion AA to work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Here are my settings and some photos of the shadow jaggies gone at various zoom lengths. The Nvidia pics grabbed both my monitors so its small, have to click on the and zoom to read.

@badfinger- in the settings, just move everything at the top to 0 rather than 1
    Thanks, but after making all of the other changes, my screen looks so good, I'm not going to touch anything else.

badfinger
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    93.8 KB

Spiritus_Mortem, In your post #22 you have a few screenshots which show a picture of the english channel, is the anyway place I can download a copy of this ?

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

No!

Just kidding, here it is. It even got a sticky, no big deal.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=8770

And for those of you wishing my Nvidia control panel was moved more to the left or right... you just get a taste. She is also my dash picture.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

Hi, hope you tried my settings for TF4.3 (Sorry to come in late)- Should just be able to unzip the files into main folder of IL2COD and play. It may look darker simply because the original settings were too light to begin with. I spent ages getting it right and re-examined every few days. It changes the whole feel of the game. WWII was not in B&W, or scratchy or washed out - it was in bold colour like today so that is what guided me, the view out through my window. If you enjoy it please tell the others.

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Hi Lew,

I originally posted this in the Nvidia Thread, but felt it was worth reposting here. Hope some of this helps.

After many hours of Post Patch Nvidia Psychosis, the bad news appears to be that trying to force AA through the Nvidia Control Panel still does nothing. FXAA is still the only working option. The settings below are a starting point, but results may vary with different set ups. Graphics card used was a GTX 680 OC 2 GB. I checked these by comparing the edge of the wingtips against the sky, and using a combination of the two FXAA's gave the wings an almost perfectly smooth edge. I haven't tried the Sweet Fx settings yet. The patch added working FXAA, but not working AA unfortunately.

Nvidia Control Panel Suggested Settings:

Anisotropic Filter: Either Application Controlled or setting of your choice (helps sharpen textures without adding aliasing)
    FXAA: On. I use this as well as using the Inject FXAA JSGME and have the ingame FXAA set to off. Or you can use the ingame FXAA by setting to any value other than 0 if you don't want to use the JSGME or SweetFx settings.
    Gamma Correction: Off. This only applies to Open GL.
    Anti Aliasing Mode: Off
    Anti Aliasing Setting: None
    Anti Aliasing Transparency: Multisample or Supersample. Nothing seems to make those radar towers look any better so multisample gives the best performance balance.
    CUDA GPUs: Use global (All)
    Max. Pre-rendered Frames: Default value is 3. See first link below.
    Multi Display/ Mixed GPU: Set to single performance mode if you have only one monitor.
    Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Performance
    Texture Filter - Anisotropic Sample Optimisation: Off (for less shimmer)
    Texture Filter - Negative LOD Bias: Clamp (reduces aliasing when scene is in motion, especially when using Track IR)
    Texture Filter - Quality: Set to Quality for a balanced setting or High Quality if you have a good graphics card.
    Texture Filter - Trilinear Optimisation: Off (gives best image quality with Direct X)
    Threaded Optimisation: Auto or On.
    Triple Buffering: Off (seems to reduce stuttering)
    V Sync: On ( works better than using the ingame V Sync)

Try a custom screen resolution, such as 2880 X 1620. This helps reduce various graphics issues and makes the game look a lot better, but there is a substantial loss of frame rates, can be as high as a 25 fps reduction.

There is a lot of great information to help in using the Nvidia Control panel in the following link ( originally posted by Spiritus-Mortem, thanks for this awesome find. )

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_6.html

Also a link regarding Negative LOD Bias:

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t180142.html

I still get the shimmer and the distortion at the edge of the rendering circle. Also seems to affect the silhouette of aircraft when viewed from dead six at a distance. This is the main issue with the graphics at the moment for me, everything else looks so good and it's really frustrating not being able to smooth out that one area, so close to being perfect!

Hope these settings help, please let me know if any information is incorrect.

Cheers, Scream
    Last edited by Screamadelica; Apr-24-2014 at 10:13.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

heloo guys.... i have a problem.. my graphics was terrible.. so i saw one post i gues it was here, some one teach like a tutorial how to increase the resolution of my PC in windows... the resolution max here was 1920 x 1080, but his tutorial teach how to leave thios 2540 x 1200 or some thing like that... i format my pc and loose this link... now i am angry to find it again... some one can help me?? thats was the only way to leave my game graphics beutifull and no mor problems with AA. NEED HELP... iff send to my email i will be thanks.. ramsesmed@yahoo.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12