Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antialising for ATI Video Cards with 4.3 patch

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Antialising for ATI Video Cards with 4.3 patch

First let me give some background information. I was a beta tester for 4.3 and when i saw the Antialiasing working with ingame settings, with new shader that was written by the one who cant be named, i was "WOW"

Now, after installing on my main drive the official 4.3 i felt like something was missing. That idea became stronger while talking with other ATI card user, CaptSutbbing, who told me he didnt noticed much diffrence. It was diffrent, and good, but not as quite good as i had seen it during the tests. Would it be a placebo? Went checking my driver settings and the settings i used on the server and they were diffrent! AHA! Gotcha! Now im gonna make this as good as i saw it on beta test server.

Modifyed my settings and went in.. was better, but still not as good as i had seen before. Went on my beta instalation checking what i had there and found it. A SMAA (antialsing) which i had alredy did some work on working on top of the FXAA. I dont get loss of frames using it and the Antialising seems stronger.

Now the technical part

These are my video card settings for the game:

ATI.jpg

And these my video settings in game

video settings.jpg

And these are the SMAA files who have to be placed on main CLOD folder, usually in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\"

**Warning, its not compatible with other SweetFX settings!!!

DOWNLOAD ---> Lolsav_SMAA_place_on_main_CLOD_Folder_AMD_ATI_Cards.zip

Unzip and place the 4 files on main CLOD folder.

One way i do to experiment is to look at the letters, they get more rounded. The edges all round plane, etc too.
    Last edited by ATAG_Lolsav; Mar-21-2014 at 01:55.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Antialising for ATI Video Cards with 4.3 patch

ha i was wondering about the aa on ati cards,to me it looked a bit mushy,slightly out of focus---though still alot better. i will try the smaa thingy.

ps give us a clue on him who can't be named-----please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Dear Lolsav,

I use the AMD 7850 card. I don't like how my graphics appear. They are slightly jaggy at the edges despite my AA setting ingame of 8x. Just recently I found out about Catalyst Control Center, which I'm struggling to download. Twice, download has been interrupted midway. But seriously do I need it?

Secondly, I remember downloading Sweetfix which usually goes into the Main CLoD Steam folder. I simply dumped that in there not knowing how to tweak it at all. How will that interact with your download?

Grateful for any useful guidance.

Pirabee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Pirabee View Post
    my AA setting ingame of 8x.
    Doesnt matter if you set it to 8 or 2, as long it doesnt display "off". The developers never implemented more than 2x, despite stating available until 8x

Just recently I found out about Catalyst Control Center, which I'm struggling to download. Twice, download has been interrupted midway. But seriously do I need it?
    Really? Im surprised that you could fly without having a updated driver. When you install that im sure you gonna have a boost in performance.

Secondly, I remember downloading Sweetfix which usually goes into the Main CLoD Steam folder. I simply dumped that in there not knowing how to tweak it at all. How will that interact with your download?
    On main CLOD folder (meaning programs 86x\ steam\steamapps\common\il2 cliffs of dover folder) check if you have a folder named "Sweetfx". If so, you can delete the whole folder if you are willing to try my solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

By Geronimo Lolsav, you have me dancing a jig over your response! I knew something was a little off about my graphics! Thanks tons. Soon as I can I'm trying out everything and will post my feedback.

Pirabee.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Really? Im surprised that you could fly without having a updated driver. When you install that im sure you gonna have a boost in performance.
    To be fair, the CCC is different than the actual video card drivers. Catalyst Control Center is where you can tweak the settings for different applications, but you don't have to install that when you install/update the drivers for your particular video card.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

But he will be able to tweak the driver

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Lolsav and Engrish,

I also happen to have a small facility called Asus GPU Tweak. I use it to overclock, though I doubt if successfully. If I download Catalyst, will I still need it? I believe it also has a driver updating capacity, being that it came with the card. Can both exist side by side on my system?

Thanks,

Pirabee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Meanwhile, Ive downloaded Catalyst, and the improvement is simply astonishing! Wow! Its crazy to think I was struggling that long without it. Wish I could put up a screenshot that'd effectively demonstrate the differences. It's utterly amazing!

Problem is, I haven't gone online yet. Was about to do so when my internet package on the desktop ran out. I'll reload ASAP and try it out online because I pretty much suspect SP mode may be only half the story. Then again, Ive left the Asus Tweak where it is. Doesnt seem to be a problem with that.

Now Lolsav, I guess I move over to your SMAA download idea, right? First step is delete Sweetfx, then toss your four folders into my main CLoD, and next replicate your video card and video settings ingame, and bingo , eh?

Pirabee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Pirabee, if your sweetfx is working properly, and the results are satisfatory, i see no reason to attempt the SMAA file i have uploaded. If it aint broke dont fix it

Just glad it worked for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Roger that, mate. I finally tried it online and - given the usual stutters - it was still fantastic. I think I'm good, thanks for all the help.

Pirabee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

First let me give some background information. I was a beta tester for 4.3 and when i saw the Antialiasing working with ingame settings, with new shader that was written by the one who cant be named, i was "WOW"

Now, after installing on my main drive the official 4.3 i felt like something was missing. That idea became stronger while talking with other ATI card user, CaptSutbbing, who told me he didnt noticed much diffrence. It was diffrent, and good, but not as quite good as i had seen it during the tests. Would it be a placebo? Went checking my driver settings and the settings i used on the server and they were diffrent! AHA! Gotcha! Now im gonna make this as good as i saw it on beta test server.

Modifyed my settings and went in.. was better, but still not as good as i had seen before. Went on my beta instalation checking what i had there and found it. A SMAA (antialsing) which i had alredy did some work on working on top of the FXAA. I dont get loss of frames using it and the Antialising seems stronger.

Now the technical part

These are my video card settings for the game:

ATI.jpg

And these my video settings in game

video settings.jpg

And these are the SMAA files who have to be placed on main CLOD folder, usually in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\"

**Warning, its not compatible with other SweetFX settings!!!

DOWNLOAD ---> Lolsav_SMAA_place_on_main_CLOD_Folder_AMD_ATI_Cards.zip

Unzip and place the 4 files on main CLOD folder.

One way i do to experiment is to look at the letters, they get more rounded. The edges all round plane, etc too.
    made wonders for me!
    Ty very much!

Ps i didn't apply the SMAA (too worried to break the toy...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by EAF51_Jimmi View Post
    made wonders for me!
    Ty very much!
    No problem, glad i could help

Quote Originally Posted by EAF51_Jimmi View Post
    Ps i didn't apply the SMAA (too worried to break the toy...)
    No worries, whatever works for you its fine

Supporting Member JG6_BigglesCDN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Red face Re: Antialising for ATI Video Cards with 4.3 patch

Hey Lolsav. I have twin ATI 3gb cards in SLI. I have set my settings per your advice and it DOES look better. What exactly does your SMAA download file do? I have not installed it.

Cheers!

Biggles

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

The SMAA stands for (pardon the tech lingo): Enhanced Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing as developed by http://www.iryoku.com/smaa/ from university of Zaragoza (Spain)

Its a Antialising for games, works for Nvidia and ATI. Seems the ATI cards like this form of AA better.

The effects are similar to SweetFX, because its a "injector" that does the antialiasing. Once they are put in the game MAIN folder, usually in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\

it starts doing its work by itself when you launch the game. To check whats its doing press the "pause" key to see the diffrence. Look at the letters the game streams (they get more rounded) or look closely on details, looking for jaggies.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.76 MB

Huston we got the problem.

When I install this 4 SMAA files when I'm start Luncher got this massage "The procedure entry point create DXGIFactory could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll." and game want start.
    When I'm delete this 4 files lunching normally.

I'm using Windows 8.1 64.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

I have win7 so i never came across that problem. Could be something specific to your system. I cannot assist, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the information!

This appears to have helped, although I was not able to use the effects files, as my game freezes up. You mentioned a patch - I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, do you know how to resolve the freeze up ?

I don't see dots very well at all unless they are very close and against the blue sky - or directly at my altitude. So I'm trying to tweak things to make it better.

Also, despite a high res and a nice vid card (ATI of course), I get much 'shimmering' effects when looking out against the ground. I think this helped a bit here

lastly - bumping this to be a sticky!

"My idea of flying is to have a group take off together, stick together, fight together, try to accomplish the mission together and hopefully all land together" - AKA_Recon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Hi Recon. On TS i mentioned the "malefic windows update" to cause the freeze. Its the kb2670838 (i know it by heart now). If you remove it you can use SMAA or SweetFX.

The shimmering was greatly reduced with AA, but there is still a tiny bit at distance. However it is much better now.
    Last edited by ATAG_Lolsav; Apr-19-2014 at 10:09.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks - you have been very helpful both here and online, I appreciate it greatly!

"My idea of flying is to have a group take off together, stick together, fight together, try to accomplish the mission together and hopefully all land together" - AKA_Recon

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Confirming, that it does not work with win 8.1 due to DirectX 11.1/2. Neither works any other sweetfx/smaa injector.

I was able to add some more AA with Catalyst Control Center alone:
    setting AA mode to "Enhance" and filter to "Edge-detect" (like OP). AA set to highest setting in game, SSAO is off.
    Pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mtea View Post

I was able to add some more AA with Catalyst Control Center alone:
    setting AA mode to "Enhance" and filter to "Edge-detect"
    Tryed the "enhance" and it does look better. Less shimering too, that was the most noticible diffrence for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Is there a way to UNINSTALL the files? I think it may be causing my launcher crashes.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

what files exactly?
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

S!

I think that is Sweet FX??

Try remove the files below:

swt.png

And a fix for Win 8.1 users: http://www.overclock.net/t/1485750/h...in-windows-8-1

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I was referring to the SMAA files that Lolsav included in his original post. I have two of them in the root game directory but if I "turn them off" by renaming them then my game won't launch at all. I just get a black screen. When I hit pause to "turn off" the SMAA application, my game does not seem to crash.

Cheers!
    Last edited by JG6_BigglesCDN; Jul-23-2014 at 12:56.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    409.37 MB

Thanks for this ATAG_Lolsav. I tried Sweet FX and the game looked stunning but unfortunately I kept getting crashes even after trying all the remedies. Your mod and setup seems to work for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

I cannot take credit for other people work. The only thing i did was to post a solution i found to ATI card users

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    409.37 MB

I cannot take credit for other people work. The only thing i did was to post a solution i found to ATI card users
    Yes I have an ATI card. Thanks for posting it anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Do you have the Windows Update KB2670838 installed? If yes, uninstall it, it causes crashes when sweetFX is used!
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast