Thread: TF4.3 launcher crash

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

TF4.3 launcher crash

S!

Not sure if it's setup related. It seems to crash pretty rapid when viewing from outside.

Cleared shaders etc a couple of times. Rerun .net and directx from the redist.

Sapphire r9 280X toxic. win7 ultimate with 16Gb and running trackir.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Re: TF4.3 launcher crash

Hi Dusty,

Are there any possible overlay conflicts? Sweetfx, TSOverlay (not the TF one, which is fine) MSI Afterburner?

I only suggest this as I can still get them when I try Sweetfx.

Septic.

Quote Originally Posted by 322SQN_Dusty View Post
    S!

Not sure if it's setup related. It seems to crash pretty rapid when viewing from outside.

Cleared shaders etc a couple of times. Rerun .net and directx from the redist.

Sapphire r9 280X toxic. win7 ultimate with 16Gb and running trackir.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

If i'm correct i removed sweetfx with 4.3. I'll look into it.

No traces of Sweet FX..does Lolsav's Ati settings give the same effect?
    Last edited by 322SQN_Dusty; Mar-29-2014 at 17:28. Reason: Added info

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    67.77 MB

Hi Dusty,

we have exactly the same GPU and OS,and your RAM is double.I have everything maxed out in game settings and I recently applied Lolsav's CCC (Catalyst Control Center) settings for my GPU found here:http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...302#post105302 However I didn't follow his advice to place the new SMAA files into my game directory because when I placed them according to instructions, Launcher froze repeatedly in every single time I played the game.When the SMAA files were out of my game directory everything returned back to normal.

I used to have similar problems quite often in the past (prior TF 4.3) but not anymore (thank God).Your problem could be due to several reasons,I still have some issues evry now and then but in any case not as it was in the past.
    Without telling you this is your case,try to set the same resolution settings in Windows and in game.Different settings between the two often caused my Launcer to crash and/or minimize to Taskbar with the game still running but without beeing able to bring it up anymore,even my mouse cursor used to vanish from Desktop.

Also try to install Sapphire's new driver v13.12c instead of the v13.12 you probably have installed right now.Another thing you could do is to repair your Microsoft.Net framework 4.5.1 within your Windows/programms utillity.Often this is the culprit of freezes,microstutters and other strange behaviours like these.

As we use exactly the same GPU and OS you could PM me if you like at any time you want to investigate together your problems as well as other issues we encounter which might be addressed to our GPU like in game microstuttering and other visual issues I' m already getting.

Cheers
    Nick
    CPU:Intel i7 4770K@4.6GHz,CPU Cooling:Thermalright SilverArrow IB-E Extreme,GPU:Gigabyte GTX980 XTREME 4GD@1342MhZ,RAM: 2X4GB G.Skill F3-2400C10D, 2X120Gb Hyper-X 3K Kingston SSD in Raid mode,1 Samsung SSD 850PRO 256GB & 1 Samsung SSD 850PRO 512GB,Motherboard:Gigabyte Z87X-OC,Case:Aerocool X-Predator Evil Black edition.Joystick:Microsoft SideWinder ForceFeedback2.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Dusty, anytime I get crashes this is what I do.

Control panel / programs / view update history : in the search box, type in this : KB2670838

If it is installed, right click and uninstall it and restart. Then clear your cache in the IL2CloD MOD folder, and run DXSETUP from the steam IL2CloD/redist folder.

I check for that update all the time.

Also, stop automatic windows updates and do it manually, I check about once a week and install the ones I want, and if you see the KB2670838, right click on it and "hide". I have noticed that the internet explorer 10 and 11 updates has KB2670838 in them, so I have hid those as well.

KB2670838 update is probably the number one reason for launcher crashers for Win7 users.

I also run SweetFX no issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Dusty, anytime I get crashes this is what I do.

Control panel / programs / view update history : in the search box, type in this : KB2670838

If it is installed, right click and uninstall it and restart. Then clear your cache in the IL2CloD MOD folder, and run DXSETUP from the steam IL2CloD/redist folder.

I check for that update all the time.

Also, stop automatic windows updates and do it manually, I check about once a week and install the ones I want, and if you see the KB2670838, right click on it and "hide". I have noticed that the internet explorer 10 and 11 updates has KB2670838 in them, so I have hid those as well.

KB2670838 update is probably the number one reason for launcher crashers for Win7 users.

I also run SweetFX no issues.

I'm having the same launcher crash issue so as suggested by a squadmate I tried to disinstall the (in)famous KB2670838 ... without success. My Win7 refuse to disinstall it, it seems it's just unable to do. Weird nah ?

I'm using SweetFx so I will try to remove it and I'll let you know. Meantime I did all the procedure reported in these thread but with no success:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3528
    Regia Aeronautica
    Luftwaffe > Weiß 7
    Regia Aeronautica >
    R.A.F. >

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Gladio View Post
    I'm having the same launcher crash issue so as suggested by a squadmate I tried to disinstall the (in)famous KB2670838 ... without success. My Win7 refuse to disinstall it, it seems it's just unable to do. Weird nah ?

I'm using SweetFx so I will try to remove it and I'll let you know. Meantime I did all the procedure reported in these thread but with no success:

This little B****d laucher crashes my game every few minutes when it is active on my PC....SO I uninstalled it but it kept creeping back on...Then I was told that I can stop my system installing it again in my windows updates which I did...its not a problem now...

Good luck with that one..
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Gladio, try looking at internet explorer 10 and 11 if you have them, that is where I found the update sneaking in after I hid it.

This update has proven disastrous for me as well but all is calm once I get rid of it. Worth the trouble of trying to solve the issue, keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Will do, thanks mates
    Regia Aeronautica
    Luftwaffe > Weiß 7
    Regia Aeronautica >
    R.A.F. >

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It wouldn't be nice if the KB sneaks back into my system...it should be banned for showing up after the first time it was reported The .net and directx didn't fix the problem so i'm removing all the odd files from the map and clean cache again. For what i've seen about the SMAA files it looked but if it lets the game crash for me the choice is easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It seems tot run stable again, probably the SMAA files had indeed to do with the crash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

So how you managed to solve this issue ?
    Regia Aeronautica
    Luftwaffe > Weiß 7
    Regia Aeronautica >
    R.A.F. >

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Removed the SMAA files that i placed in the root for Ati. It worked before but something changed, couldn't find out what.