Favourites: 0

Report File

BF109E3 - 1.JG53 Dr Erich Mix Wiesbaden 11/39

File Information

Files

• Erich Mix_JG53_39.zip 1.72 MB

Screenshots

Hi

This is my skin of Dr Erich Mix's E3. The aircraft was one of a number within 1.JG53 painted with experimental schemes. In this case the scheme consists of a field applied coat of something resembling RLM63 on top of the factory scheme of RLM02/71. Mix was the technical officer for 1.JG53 and i understand that the makings on the a/c reflect this.

During the latter part of 1939 Mix claimed 3 french fighters destroyed (at least 2 in this aircraft) in the German/French boarder area. Mix, who had already fought in the first world war as both an infantryman and pilot was already in his early 40s by this point.

For all the daring do of the war, it should be noted that Mix's life had a darker, less palatable side also. He was also a committed Nazi in a position of influence as the mayor of Weisbaden up to and throughout the war. Whilst there is no need to go into the wheres and whyfors here, details of this can be found across the internet and are worth reading. It wasnt all schnapps slaps and innocently fighting for the fatherland for Mix. After the war (and his sentence) he made a return to mainstream politics in the and died in 1971.

The skins used Keefyboys template and national insignia. Paint, weathering and personal markings are my own work. 3 skins are included. A full ersion, a blank with just the Swastika and a b lank with no swastika.

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason