PDA

View Full Version : What range do 110 gunners commence firing at?

ATAG_Ezzie
Apr-05-2014, 20:09
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows at what range a 110 gunner will commence firing at in a stern chase scenario in MP (but using an AI gunner), assuming the tgt is in the gunner's arcs?

I'm still learning to fly/fight with the 110 and this might be a useful bit of SA if the gunner starts firing consistently at some known range. Today i was being chased down low by a spit and the gunner wasnt firing so I didnt know if the spit was still there. Turned my head to see if he was still there (he was - my gunner wasnt firing though and i dont think he was reloading) and then looked fwd just as i clipped a ridge and that was end of my sortie.

Ezzie

Roblex
Apr-06-2014, 05:05
Isn't that dependent on what convergence settings you have set? I know most gunners are not affected by convergence but I assumed that it did affect the range the AI gunner starts shooting. I may be mistaken. I have no idea where I got that idea.

ATAG_Ezzie
Apr-06-2014, 05:57
Isn't that dependent on what convergence settings you have set? I know most gunners are not affected by convergence but I assumed that it did affect the range the AI gunner starts shooting. I may be mistaken. I have no idea where I got that idea.

Yeah I was wondering about that. I had it set to default but might change to 500 and see what happens. Hard to tell without doing a series of tests though.

Thanks for the reply robolex

Ezzie