PDA

View Full Version : AI Blenheims don't use brakes after landing?

Winston
Apr-06-2014, 14:36
Not a TF problem as I have noticed this since vanilla. Anytime I use AI Blenheims in a mission, when they come home to land none of them can stop on the runway. They all land and run off the end of the runway and crash in tall grass or if they hit something. I can bring Wellingtons in and they land on the same runway so it's not a matter of the runway being too short. I've programmed the wind in the mission so the Blenheims have the wind head-on in the landing so a tailwind is not the cause of them not stopping.

I can fly a Blenheim, land on any runway and stop with half the runway remaining. It seems then the AI Blenheims just do not use their wheel brakes?

ATAG_Bliss
Apr-06-2014, 15:30
Not a TF problem as I have noticed this since vanilla. Anytime I use AI Blenheims in a mission, when they come home to land none of them can stop on the runway. They all land and run off the end of the runway and crash in tall grass or if they hit something. I can bring Wellingtons in and they land on the same runway so it's not a matter of the runway being too short. I've programmed the wind in the mission so the Blenheims have the wind head-on in the landing so a tailwind is not the cause of them not stopping.

I can fly a Blenheim, land on any runway and stop with half the runway remaining. It seems then the AI Blenheims just do not use their wheel brakes?

I think this is the case of what airfield you are trying to have them land at. I think, but don't know for sure, that there are hard coded airfields in the game meant for bombers and some meant for fighters. Try landing your blennys at a concrete or longer field and I think the results will be different.

Winston
Apr-06-2014, 16:11
I think this is the case of what airfield you are trying to have them land at. I think, but don't know for sure, that there are hard coded airfields in the game meant for bombers and some meant for fighters. Try landing your blennys at a concrete or longer field and I think the results will be different.
Thanks for the info. Trying now at Lympne which has a rather long N/S runway but it is not concrete. Blenheims don't stop there but Wellingtons will easily. I'll give the Blenheims a concrete runway and let you know.

bolox
Apr-06-2014, 16:54
They should land and stop- just! at Lympne. I use this as a landing test as the results can be 'interesting' in previous patches. (there is a downhill at end of runway if landing South).
This bug was introduced with 1.11(final steam) and used to be far worse- and affected certain Spit models too. This was altered to the current state with TF4.00
Blennies still have a long landing run so some care is needed in fmb- certainly keep runway ends clear of vehicles/statics