PDA

View Full Version : Graphical Glitches in replays

hnbdgr
Apr-08-2014, 03:35
Hi All,

before I post screenshots I'll just doublecheck if others have the same problem. I recorded 2 tracks yesterday, both in the same mission - it's the one in the south of france where the frontline passes around abeville.

On both replays I've noticed bad graphical glitches such as black boxes where reflections should have been, very flat textures on my plane and occasional bright glare where small reflections should be....

is anyone experiencing this problem?

thank

badger

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-08-2014, 04:56
Hi All,

before I post screenshots I'll just doublecheck if others have the same problem. I recorded 2 tracks yesterday, both in the same mission - it's the one in the south of france where the frontline passes around abeville.

On both replays I've noticed bad graphical glitches such as black boxes where reflections should have been, very flat textures on my plane and occasional bright glare where small reflections should be....

is anyone experiencing this problem?

thank

badger

Hi Badger, here's how to (hopefully) solve this.
When the game loads, go to options and click "aircraft". Let the game load on of the aircraft into that screen, with its textures and everything. If the aircraft loads in OK, visually, you should be good to go.
If it doesn't load properly (i.e. shaders or textures missing) then exit the game and try again.

ALWAYS make sure you have cleared your chache folder. This is where the shaders and what not get used from. If you didn't clear after the last install, this will be part of the problem.

hnbdgr
Apr-08-2014, 05:32
Hi Badger, here's how to (hopefully) solve this.
When the game loads, go to options and click "aircraft". Let the game load on of the aircraft into that screen, with its textures and everything. If the aircraft loads in OK, visually, you should be good to go.
If it doesn't load properly (i.e. shaders or textures missing) then exit the game and try again.

ALWAYS make sure you have cleared your chache folder. This is where the shaders and what not get used from. If you didn't clear after the last install, this will be part of the problem.

Thanks, I will have a look into that I'm not entirely sure what you mean by let the game load one of the aircraft... is this the screen just before the loadout screen? If so usually everything is ok in there. But that's when you're about to play a mission and not when you're about to watch a replay so maybe you mean something else..:/

Also I definitely cleared Cache before 4.3 and hotfix, though not sure If I did before 4.0... would not clearing a cache in the past (before a 4.0 install) cause problems down the line?

many thanks!

Mysticpuma
Apr-08-2014, 06:05
Agree it's a weird glitch but it can be fixed with a little patience. In some cases the 'shaders' seem to load awkwardly in the cache and this 'glitch' has been seen a few times by the team. This isn't necessarily the reason but it seems that after clearing the cache, then installing the patch and then loading the game and going straight into FMB, this issue appears. As I said, it's not guaranteed but it does happen.

Phil mentioned one way of working around it, another that also works is to load the game (after patch install and clearing the cache) and playing any single mission. This also 'fixes' the glitch/bug. Currently it's just an irritation and easily fixed as I said with a little patience, but that's how it's done ;)

Cheers, MP

hnbdgr
Apr-08-2014, 06:31
thanks MP, so

1.clear cache
2.load any SP mission, then exit back to menu
3.play track
4...?
5.profit

did i get that right?:D

Mysticpuma
Apr-08-2014, 07:25
sounds good to me ;)

(but if it happens again, repeat the process...but usually works first time ;) )

hnbdgr
Apr-08-2014, 11:05
Ok Just tested that now, it works! thank you all

Pirabee
May-09-2014, 13:40
Same scenario for me as with Hnbdgr, however, having tried the antidote given here I still have the flare, black patch and flat textures! Could it be my ATI card going berserk? Oh bother!

hnbdgr
May-10-2014, 10:25
Hi Pirabee,

i have since started using the method outlined by 92sqn philstyle in the second post. At first I wasn't sure what he meant, but it made sense soon. Before you load the track from the main menu go to options, plane options and let the model load. Then go and play the track. let me know if that works.

Pirabee
May-19-2014, 03:12
Gentlemen/ladies,

Pleased to announce that the matter is now fixed - phew! Hnbdgr, Phil and Mystic, thanks y'all for the guidance and all.

Pirabee.

Keenable
Sep-19-2014, 00:09
Thank you so much Phil and MS. This was troubling me for quite a while till Stig1207 directed me here. Kudos to you all. :thumbsup:

I still have an unresolved issue that may be connected. When replaying tracks I can't hear my engine, any solution?